Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Tier points on partner airlines

• Logopolitan 2 posts

Hi All

Looking for some help working out how Virgin credit status points for flying on partner airlines. After many years of loyalty to BA, I have crossed to the dark side so am struggling to understand how everything works. I’m looking to book an upper class ticket on the Virgin website and it states that it is in I class, which is what I am looking for to get the higher status points. However one of the transatlantic legs is operated by KLM via Amsterdam. Looking at the guide it says that KLM I class only gets 100 points per leg while VS/DL I class gets 200 points. Does anyone know which level of points will be awarded? Is it the VS flight number or KLM aircraft that takes priority?

Second question is it possible to see the booking class when booking a Virgin holiday?

Thanks for the help.

davefl 1,222 posts

Wheretocredit.com has a calculator which is usually accurate

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.