Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Upgrade Voucher – outbound Business & inbound P.Economy?

• LC88 6 posts

Hi,

Just wondering can the Barclay upgrade voucher be used for upgrading outbound flight to Business class, and inbound flight to P.Economy? Can this be counted as a return ticket for a single person? Or this will be taken as two single tickets for one person? Sadly the availability for the BA reward tickets is very poor….

NorthernLass 7,467 posts

Are you the person who asked this exact same question the other day?! If not, there may be answers on that thread by now!

TerryTierPoints 72 posts

Hi,

Just wondering can the Barclay upgrade voucher be used for upgrading outbound flight to Business class, and inbound flight to P.Economy? Can this be counted as a return ticket for a single person? Or this will be taken as two single tickets for one person? Sadly the availability for the BA reward tickets is very poor….

Yes, you can mix class of travel. I’ve just booked PE outbound (daytime flight) and Club World return (overnight flight) EDI-LHR-LGW-MCO for x2 pax using two upgrade vouchers. All one ticket. Easy to book by phone.

You need to book as early as you can and be flexible with dates and consider nearby airports. I was initially looking for EDI-LHR-MIA (connecting to a cruise) but found MCO and TPA had much better availability.

Gary 293 posts

Yes, you can mix class of travel. I’ve just booked PE outbound (daytime flight) and Club World return.. All one ticket. [/quote]

Thanks for the helpful DP re mix class booking. All one ticket presumably you meant both of you under one booking reference?

TerryTierPoints 72 posts

Yes, you can mix class of travel. I’ve just booked PE outbound (daytime flight) and Club World return.. All one ticket.

Thanks for the helpful DP re mix class booking. All one ticket presumably you meant both of you under one booking reference?[/quote]

Yes. x2 pax, x2 upgrade vouchers, x1 booking reference.

Mart16 48 posts

Yes, you can mix class of travel. I’ve just booked PE outbound (daytime flight) and Club World return.. All one ticket.

Thanks for the helpful DP re mix class booking. All one ticket presumably you meant both of you under one booking reference?

Yes. x2 pax, x2 upgrade vouchers, x1 booking reference.[/quote]

I presume this means upgrading outbound from WTP to CW and inbound from WT to WTP? What was the total cost if you dont mind asking?

TerryTierPoints 72 posts

Yes. x2 pax, x2 upgrade vouchers, x1 booking reference.

I presume this means upgrading outbound from WTP to CW and inbound from WT to WTP? What was the total cost if you dont mind asking?[/quote]

Nope, other way around – outbound WT to WTP, inbound WTP to CW.

184,000 Avios + £781 total for x2 pax

bobthebuilder 27 posts

Can you also do this if one voucher is in each of the two passengers’ names? i.e. we want to book mixed classes outbound and inbound, for two people, one one booking, but the vouchers sit in the two different accounts.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.