Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Virgin Voyages Master Thread (do NOT post referral codes – use other thread)

• andyuk2005 13 posts

Ignore this – got same response and still got Deep Blue Extras

Agree with this. I am a first time VV booker with this Access Key offer.

Tried a status match (IHG Diamond Elite –> MSC Voyagers Club Gold –> Virgin Deep Blue Extras) and yesterday got the same “not applicable to free voyages” email.

Today I can see the Deep Blue Extra perks listed against my name (and also against 2nd sailor name) plus an extra $100 bar tab just against my name 🙂

Can you please point to where I can find my status and if there’s any bonuses? I can’t find anything on browser or app!

I applied for MSC Status from Hilton Honours about a week ago. Granted yesterday. Applied for Virgin status from the MSC and within 10mins received an email saying I wasn’t eligible! I was impressed with the speed lol.

Hopefully like others I got the email but was still granted the perks.

nectar collector 281 posts

Tried a status match (IHG Diamond Elite –> MSC Voyagers Club Gold –> Virgin Deep Blue Extras) and yesterday got the same “not applicable to free voyages” email.

Today I can see the Deep Blue Extra perks listed against my name (and also against 2nd sailor name) plus an extra $100 bar tab just against my name 🙂

Can you please point to where I can find my status and if there’s any bonuses? I can’t find anything on browser or app!

I applied for MSC Status from Hilton Honours about a week ago. Granted yesterday. Applied for Virgin status from the MSC and within 10mins received an email saying I wasn’t eligible! I was impressed with the speed lol.

If you’ve got Deep Blue Extras it should show under Add Ons in the app on the Me tab

andyuk2005 13 posts

If you’ve got Deep Blue Extras it should show under Add Ons in the app on the Me tab

Thanks for pointing that out. Sadly nothing popping up there for me. I wonder if I could use the web chat to show my status. I imagine there’s a chance if you ask different people the same question you may get a different answer, worth a shot!

Stephen 48 posts

Status benefits take a while to show in the Virgin Voyages app. Technically, the T&Cs exclude access key bookings, so likely to be tightened up if lots of people get in touch

aahpub 7 posts

I’ve got the access key and am waiting for a friend to confirm whether they can come…
    Does anyone know if I’m allowed to book solo, and then add a second sailor later on?
    Or is it best to book for 2 straight away ?

MilMed 6 posts

I’ve got the access key and am waiting for a friend to confirm whether they can come…
    Does anyone know if I’m allowed to book solo, and then add a second sailor later on?

The booking is per cabin, so you can book right away and just add the other passenger to the booking when you know (provided you would be happy to sail as a solo passenger if they cannot come)

ryaneberry 50 posts

I did the points redemption last year and travelled alone, there’s literally no difference other than you just don’t take full value (food etc) currently going again on my own this year again

Travel Strong 254 posts

A question for someone who has booked with VV and has NOT been on a Virgin Voyage before:

If you go to your account on the website (not the app), do you see SEA BLAZER in grey under badges?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

MilMed 6 posts

A question for someone who has booked with VV and has NOT been on a Virgin Voyage before:

If you go to your account on the website (not the app), do you see SEA BLAZER in grey under badges?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Yes, I do. I think it’s a greyed out badge, I imagine for anyone who has the actual badge it displays in colour

sp8e 3 posts

First time cruiser with VV. I’ve booked the 23rd July sailing from Barcelona, if anyone else is on that cruise we could use the referral to gain the bottle of bubbles.

Howard0181 33 posts

I have tried a status match with Virgin from Royal Caribbean where I am Diamond (not done RC for about 10 years). Am still waiting and had no email yet.

MV 9 posts

So for my status match. I got the sorry not applicable email from Virgin yesterday (Mon)

but today got another email (actually two identical ones) saying ‘We’re thrilled to let you know that you qualify for our Match and Sea More Program — which means you’ve automatically secured Sea-Rover status. You’ll now have access to our Deep Blue Extras on every sailing through December 31, 2023!’

So far nothing in my app, patience is a virtue and all that.

I think all of the perks are per cabin? Does that include the premium wifi (don’t know whether it’s worth my partner status matching too?)

MrSJ 34 posts

MrSJ 34 posts

So for my status match. I got the sorry not applicable email from Virgin yesterday (Mon)

but today got another email (actually two identical ones) saying ‘We’re thrilled to let you know that you qualify for our Match and Sea More Program — which means you’ve automatically secured Sea-Rover status. You’ll now have access to our Deep Blue Extras on every sailing through December 31, 2023!’

So far nothing in my app, patience is a virtue and all that.

I think all of the perks are per cabin? Does that include the premium wifi (don’t know whether it’s worth my partner status matching too?)

How long from applying for status match did it take for you to get the email staying you didn’t qualify?

MV 9 posts

Applied for MSC last Weds with HHonors Gold and MSC status came through on Sat. Applied that same day for Virgin Voyages and heard the initial no on Monday.

Howard0181 33 posts

Just had a nice response from Virgin Voyages. Not had any rejection email and after two days I got accepted “Deep Blue Extra”perks.

Travel Strong 254 posts

Good. Hopefully this marks a positive change in approach – as mentioned before, it makes sense for any provider which wishes to build interest in a loyalty scheme to give the advertised perks to status holders with other lines regardless of whether cash or points redemption. (It would be like Hilton refusing a Gold guest a free breakfast on a points stay, or BA not letting a Gold select seats in advance on an Avios booking, etc etc)

Ultimately they *are* trying to build loyalty for the future.

traveller 5 posts

Anyone on the 27th august cruise from Athens? Need to book flights from london but everything crazy expensive. Any suggestions?

MrSJ 34 posts

Just had a nice response from Virgin Voyages. Not had any rejection email and after two days I got accepted “Deep Blue Extra”perks.

Likewise! Applied on Sunday with my MSC status, got the nice email stating I have the deep sea extras perks this evening, with no rejection email in between!

Cymro 10 posts

Booked onto 16th July Greek Island Glow. Got reasonably priced flights on Aegean from BHX.

MV 9 posts

But are the perks showing up in your app?

jamesv92 16 posts

But are the perks showing up in your app?

If any interest, I’ve been on a few virgin voyages and they don’t show on your app until onboard. Can see them on your booking online though under add-ons.

Howard0181 33 posts

The perks are not showing on my App but read somewhere it can take a few days. The email from Virgin says keep the email but also says my status is lodged on my “sailor profile”. I have to call Virgin about trying to change our cabin so will raise then. My wife and I are doing 25th June from Barcelona. We did the cruise last year with points and we had a great fun time and this time we are going with friends.

modestpointscollector 64 posts

Anyone on the 27th august cruise from Athens? Need to book flights from london but everything crazy expensive. Any suggestions?

Fly into Thessaloniki and get the train? That’s what we’re looking at doing – But i’m hoping September opens up like last year.

traveller 5 posts

Fly into Thessaloniki and get the train? That’s what we’re looking at doing – But i’m hoping September opens up like last year.

What happened last year? You mean ba reward seats?

Just checked the train takes 5 hours?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.