Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Virgin Voyages Master Thread (do NOT post referral codes – use other thread)

• jyloox 4 posts

Anyone else unable to link their booking (from their email confirmation) to either the app or the website? Live chat were hopeless and couldn’t wait to hang up. Telephone was slightly better saying they were having system issues but said they couldn’t find my booking (although since she kept getting my name and email address wrong I am keeping my fingers crossed it was just that particular individual!! Keeping my fingers crossed that there is a booking since I went ahead and booked the flights after getting the confirmation email.

Tracy 315 posts

I booked earlier tonight and added my booking to a newly created account – no issues…

Anyone else unable to link their booking (from their email confirmation) to either the app or the website? Live chat were hopeless and couldn’t wait to hang up. Telephone was slightly better saying they were having system issues but said they couldn’t find my booking (although since she kept getting my name and email address wrong I am keeping my fingers crossed it was just that particular individual!! Keeping my fingers crossed that there is a booking since I went ahead and booked the flights after getting the confirmation email.

jyloox 4 posts

Thanks @Tracy. I just received the offer to upgrade a few minutes ago and so it looks like their systems issues they were flagging are sorted and I’m now able to access the booking. The referal link in my case for the Adriatic 7 day trip sailing on 23 July if it’s useful to anyone is . If it works then more than happy to share the bubbly at a meet up as my wife doesn’t drink!

AdrenalineLuke 5 posts

Does anyone know if we will get the $600 bar credit if redeeming through Virgin Red? The Virgin Voyages website currently says up to $600 in drink for cruises 7+ nights. Apologies if I’ve missed the answer to this elsewhere in the thread.

AdrenalineLuke 5 posts

Does anyone know if we are eligible for the $600 of bar credit if redeeming the cruise through Virgin Red?

stevenhp1987 331 posts

Does anyone know if we are eligible for the $600 of bar credit if redeeming the cruise through Virgin Red?

No it’s not. The T&C specifically state it’s not valid with Virgin Red redemptions.

pohuty 6 posts

For Greek Island Glow cruise, do we need to go through the custom and have visa checked on Bodrum, Turkey? I need to apply a Turkey e-visa, but I would like to know if there is anyone checking for it.

Philondon 275 posts

For Greek Island Glow cruise, do we need to go through the custom and have visa checked on Bodrum, Turkey? I need to apply a Turkey e-visa, but I would like to know if there is anyone checking for it.

Do you have a British passport? Visas aren’t required.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/turkey/entry-requirements

British Citizens travelling to Turkey for tourist or business purposes are able to travel without a visa for visits of up to 90 days in any 180-day period.

pbcold 347 posts

Having booked om points, I tried status matching to MSC diamond and received this:

Ahoy Sailor,
    Thank you for submitting your Loyalty Proof of Status Form.
    We took a deeper dive into your booking and found that you booked with a free or heavily discounted voyage fare. Unfortunately, these bookings are not eligible for the Deep Blue Perks just yet. This information can be found in the offer’s Terms and Conditions. Rest assured we’ve notated your Loyalty Match status on your account, so on your next full fare voyage through December 31, 2023, you’ll unlock more perks.

wills321 4 posts

Having booked om points, I tried status matching to MSC diamond and received this:

Ahoy Sailor,
    We took a deeper dive into your booking and found that you booked with a free or heavily discounted voyage fare. Unfortunately, these bookings are not eligible for the Deep Blue Perks just yet. This information can be found in the offer’s Terms and Conditions. Rest assured we’ve notated your Loyalty Match status on your account, so on your next full fare voyage through December 31, 2023, you’ll unlock more perks.

Snap, I got the same reply!

garkman 5 posts

Ahoy Sailor,

Ignore this response, it’s the same one they sent me in October last year but they ended up providing the Deep Blue Extras. I just booked a second cruise for the 11th of June from Athens and the Deep Blue Extras show on it again as well, with no additional match or anything sent in this year.

garkman 5 posts

Ahoy Sailor,

Ignore this – got same response and still got Deep Blue Extras last October and showing again for a cruise on the 11th of June from Athens. Seems like one hand doesn’t know what the other is doing in several aspects.

Travel Strong 258 posts

Ignore this – got same response and still got Deep Blue Extras

Good! If they are wanting to attract loyalty away from other cruise lines, they should be giving the advertised perks to status holders with other lines regardless of how much paid for the booking!
    It would be like Hilton refusing a Gold guest a free breakfast on a points stay, or BA not letting a Gold select seats in advance on an Avios booking.

Feels like someone at virgin voyages got overzealous in trying to exclude things from access code bookings and came out with a poorly considered exclusion.

Philondon 275 posts

Does anyone know if more than one of us joins a referral, do we get more bubbly?

I’ve used one person’s referral link, and I spotted on the other thread that someone else is going on the same dates to the same place.

I guess if there isn’t a 4th person, they can use one of our details. Just wondered if there an additional benefit for the everyone?

MrSJ 36 posts

Does anyone know if more than one of us joins a referral, do we get more bubbly?

I’ve used one person’s referral link, and I spotted on the other thread that someone else is going on the same dates to the same place.

I guess if there isn’t a 4th person, they can use one of our details. Just wondered if there an additional benefit for the everyone?

I asked this on the Virgin Voyages support chat yesterday and got told the bubbly was limited to one per cabin, unfortunately.

Philondon 275 posts

I asked this on the Virgin Voyages support chat yesterday and got told the bubbly was limited to one per cabin, unfortunately.

Thanks for the info. And that’s a shame!

FFoxSake 217 posts

Agree with this. I am a first time VV booker with this Access Key offer.

Tried a status match (IHG Diamond Elite –> MSC Voyagers Club Gold –> Virgin Deep Blue Extras) and yesterday got the same “not applicable to free voyages” email.

Today I can see the Deep Blue Extra perks listed against my name (and also against 2nd sailor name) plus an extra $100 bar tab just against my name 🙂

MV 9 posts

How long did the whole thing take you?

I submitted a MSC status match using HHonors Gold a couple of days ago but conscious I need to wait for that to come through before doing the same with Virgin. My cruise starts in 30 days – just don’t want to get my hopes up for any perks and then be disappointed!

Tried a status match (IHG Diamond Elite –> MSC Voyagers Club Gold –> Virgin Deep Blue Extras) and yesterday got the same “not applicable to free voyages” email.

Today I can see the Deep Blue Extra perks listed against my name (and also against 2nd sailor name) plus an extra $100 bar tab just against my name 🙂

FFoxSake 217 posts

How long did the whole thing take you?

I did the first part (IHG –> MSC) back in February, I think it took about 3 or 4 days to come through.
    The second part (MSC –> VV) part was this week, just a couple of days.

I think you’ll be fine if you have 30 days total.

MrSJ 36 posts

I tried to do Hilton Gold to MSC Voyagers Club Gold this morning but it looks like I have to either have a upcoming or past booking with MSC. Is that correct? Or can I just submit the status match regardless?

FFoxSake 217 posts

I tried to do Hilton Gold to MSC Voyagers Club Gold this morning but it looks like I have to either have a upcoming or past booking with MSC. Is that correct? Or can I just submit the status match regardless?

No prior MSC booking needed – this is the form I used… https://www.msccruises.co.uk/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club/status-match

IanT 1 post

oh that sounds positive. Can you point me to where in the app it would show deep blue extras listed against a name? – i’m really struggling to navigate the app!

MrSJ 36 posts

No prior MSC booking needed – this is the form I used… https://www.msccruises.co.uk/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club/status-match

Amazing, thank you!

jkt 2 posts

Amazing, thank you!

Are you able to fill in the form? It doesn’t allow me to select county/province/city

MrSJ 36 posts

Amazing, thank you!

Are you able to fill in the form? It doesn’t allow me to select county/province/city

I had the same issue on web browser. Worked fine on my mobile

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.