Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Virgin Voyages Master Thread (do NOT post referral codes – use other thread)

• stevenhp1987 330 posts

No the champagne is included in that cost.

So….
    Savoring all the incredible perks you scored for an introductory price of only $200 (but valued at $350!), you’ll be inspired to gaze at the dreamy seafaring sky and, in awe of the constellations above, thank the universe for bringing you and your partner together.

But don’t wait to treat yourselves — with only 75 A Splash of Romance experiences curated per voyage, you’ll want to place your request soon and get ready to let the sparks fly.

THE DREAMY DETAILS
    Access to Priority Check-in & Boarding
    Specially-curated daily cold-pressed juices at the Juice Bar each morning
    A 3-Hour Thermal Spa Pass per Sailor
    A Shake for Champagne
    Exclusive Sail Away event
    Aphrodisiac bites to keep the romance flowing

and you get unlimited bottles of Moet included for $200?

No, you get ONE shake for champagne – one bottle. Any additional will incur the ~$100 bottle charge.

Personally I don’t see the Splash of Romance as worth the cost, especially if you have status already (e.g. through a status match with another cruise line).

Philondon 274 posts

No, you get ONE shake for champagne – one bottle. Any additional will incur the ~$100 bottle charge.

Ahhh! Thanks!! 🙂

rufusrea 11 posts

After applying your access code towards a particular cruise how long does it take them to confirm the booking.

LewisB 9 posts

Thank you to the person who suggested Thessaloniki for Greek Glow departures, booked an early flight on Avios then train to Athens rather than the crazy prices direct into Athens.

If anyone on the June 18th sailing wants to swap points tips at the bar or joint the reciprocal bubbly hook-up let me know.

Couldn’t enter a code when booking but happy to share details.

I am looking at the exact same sailing and method of travel. One avios reward left, you must’ve taken the other ones!

Where did you find the train times? I can’t find any for this exact date but can’t work out if that’s because it’s too far in advance or not.

EDIT: Thought you meant July!

MrSJ 34 posts

Apologies for the potentially stupid question, but how do these referrals work? I have my access code and currently scoping out which dates/cruise work for me.

I’m assuming once I’ve decided the date of departure, use someones referral that one the same voyage and book using that so we both get a bottle of Champagne?

nectar collector 281 posts

Apologies for the potentially stupid question, but how do these referrals work? I have my access code and currently scoping out which dates/cruise work for me.

I’m assuming once I’ve decided the date of departure, use someones referral that one the same voyage and book using that so we both get a bottle of Champagne?

Yes that’s right

MrSJ 34 posts

Yes that’s right

Thank you. Follow up stupid question.. Once I’ve been referred can I then refer someone else?

Yvo 6 posts

@ Lewis – I believe the local bus is £2 to the station from the airport then trains leave Thessaloniki for Athens at 15:04 & 16:17 on the 17th, there is a later one too.
    Oreizack at hotmail dot com if you want to link for bubbly.

nectar collector 281 posts

Yes that’s right

Thank you. Follow up stupid question.. Once I’ve been referred can I then refer someone else?[/quote

Once you’ve booked you should get your own referral code to pass on. Having said that, I’m not clear about whether you would then get another bottle of bubbly if someone used it……..

Spare 14 posts

The same train that killed 50+ a couple months.

FFoxSake 217 posts

Once you’ve booked you should get your own referral code to pass on. Having said that, I’m not clear about whether you would then get another bottle of bubbly if someone used it……..

From my booking experience and then talking to Virgin Voyages
    – I’ve seen a $50 credit (Sailor Loot) appear for both cabins after using a referral code (…unless a customer services person applied it when I later moved a cabin and linked our two cabins by phone).
    – Customer Services are saying that you don’t get any fizz for linking 2 cabins (that offer ended in Feb23), but you will all get a $100 bottle of bubbly when you link 3 or more cabins after booking.
    YMMV…

Travel Strong 254 posts

@FFoxSake could you remind me where you see bar tabs and sailor loot credit balances?! It’s been a while and I can’t recall! Thanks

stevenhp1987 330 posts

@FFoxSake could you remind me where you see bar tabs and sailor loot credit balances?! It’s been a while and I can’t recall! Thanks

You can see them all online (the app shows an incorrect amount for me!) in your booking.

Alternatively you can tap in-app on an excursion to buy and go to the payment details screen (“Add card and Pay” on the excursion details page) – it will then send an email with the amount due and send you to the card details page. Cancel the purchase, it will email again with the original amount. Both emails will have your full sailor loot + bar tab balance.

rjenkins00 15 posts

Has anyone got the $600 bar tab showing in their account from access key booking?

I can see in the T&Cs access key bookings ineligible for promotion just wondering if it appears though

pohuty 6 posts

Has anyone got the $600 bar tab showing in their account from access key booking?

who said there is 600 credit from access key?

FFoxSake 217 posts

On the web I saw it this way:
    – Goto https://www.virginvoyages.com/accounts/v1/account/my-voyages
    – Click on “Manage Booking” button (above your Access Key reference)
    – Just below the name of my voyage I have a line labelled “Add-ons: Enjoy these onboard this voyage”.
    – On the right of that I have a “View Details” link which shows a $50 Sailor Loot item (under the main sailor name only) saying “Sail With Friends Loot”
    – Clicking on the Loot it says “Need to know: Just as a reminder your Sailor Loot is non-refundable and must be spent during your voyage.”

There ought be an easier way!

pohuty 6 posts

– Just below the name of my voyage I have a line labelled “Add-ons: Enjoy these onboard this voyage”.

I don’t have this line… Can’t find it

Philondon 274 posts

From my booking experience and then talking to Virgin Voyages
    – I’ve seen a $50 credit (Sailor Loot) appear for both cabins after using a referral code (…unless a customer services person applied it when I later moved a cabin and linked our two cabins by phone).
    – Customer Services are saying that you don’t get any fizz for linking 2 cabins (that offer ended in Feb23), but you will all get a $100 bottle of bubbly when you link 3 or more cabins after booking.
    YMMV…

I didn’t click someone’s link on here but emailed Sailor Services with their details and mine. I got an email back saying “each cabin will enjoy a complementary bottle of bubbles”. And I’m assuming that is Cava or Prosecco and not Champagne. The usual thing when a company says bubbles or bubbly!

Oh and I can’t find my “sailor’s loot” section. I’ve looked on the app and website.

Philondon 274 posts

who said there is 600 credit from access key?

I think you’re confused, they say everything that is included is worth $600. I just saw it on a mini video on the website in my account.

FFoxSake 217 posts

I think you’re confused, they say everything that is included is worth $600. I just saw it on a mini video on the website in my account.

https://www.virginvoyages.com/l/cruise-discounts-2023

The $600 drinks credit is an offer for cash bookings made by today, 31st May.
    Not supposed to work for Access Key bookings.

FFoxSake 217 posts
    GE90 12 posts

Does anyone know what the change and cancellation policy is when using these access keys? Presumably you can’t get a refund but is it possible to change a booking made using an access key to a different date/itinerary?

LauraR 5 posts

No the champagne is included in that cost.

So….
    Savoring all the incredible perks you scored for an introductory price of only $200 (but valued at $350!), you’ll be inspired to gaze at the dreamy seafaring sky and, in awe of the constellations above, thank the universe for bringing you and your partner together.

But don’t wait to treat yourselves — with only 75 A Splash of Romance experiences curated per voyage, you’ll want to place your request soon and get ready to let the sparks fly.

THE DREAMY DETAILS
    Access to Priority Check-in & Boarding
    Specially-curated daily cold-pressed juices at the Juice Bar each morning
    A 3-Hour Thermal Spa Pass per Sailor
    A Shake for Champagne
    Exclusive Sail Away event
    Aphrodisiac bites to keep the romance flowing

and you get unlimited bottles of Moet included for $200?

The phrase “Exclusive Sail Away event” makes it sound like the first evening – last year this was a free for everyone event with free bubbly. Has this now been withdrawn and replaced for effectively a paid event, or is the Splash of Romance an additional perk on another evening?

mrcrsearle 99 posts

Im trying to redeem but keeps saying “oopps please try again later”

Travel Strong 254 posts

The phrase “Exclusive Sail Away event” makes it sound like the first evening – last year this was a free for everyone event with free bubbly. Has this now been withdrawn and replaced for effectively a paid event, or is the Splash of Romance an additional perk on another evening?

The ‘exclusive’ event is on Richards Rooftop (the area reserved for ‘rockstar’ cabin guests for the rest of the cruise).

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.