Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Virgin Voyages Master Thread (do NOT post referral codes – use other thread)

• Londonswan 2 posts

Booked the Irresistible Med for 4th Sept. Here is a referral code if anyone else is booking the same trip

https://virg.in/oN8V $200 each will go down well for sure!

Not overly excited by the itinerary but just glad to be able to get away again, and a steal for the virgin point deal.

Molly 89 posts

Booked the The Irresistible Med for September. It says docking time 6.30am. Looking at flights departing BCN at 10.30am, what time is earliest disembarking?

ms 69 posts

Is tomorrow the last day to book?
    Also, once booked — can you do a name change?

Travel Strong 258 posts

Had success linking 2 x Access Key bookings for $200 credit, despite initially being told “Since the Access Key created a heavily discounted rate, the referral Sailor Loot is not applicable.”

If the request is rejected, suggest trying again – seeing as there is nothing in the referral T+C to say the offer is not applicable to access key bookings… indeed everyone who booked with an access key still receives emails publicising that you will get $200 for a referral.

Roberto 281 posts

Booked the The Irresistible Med for September. It says docking time 6.30am. Looking at flights departing BCN at 10.30am, what time is earliest disembarking?

It’s doable but tight. The ship will dock but customs and logistics will mean its probably 8am before the first people actually disembark.

My flight options post cruise were 10:30 or 14.55 and I chose the later.

avstar 6 posts

@Leigh – oh so than i guess i can’t use it as i already did the booking, unless there is a way of linking the 2

French Daze & Ibiza Nights
    Barcelona • Marseille • Cannes • Olbia • Ibiza • Barcelona
    11-18 Sep, 2022

@leigh
    @malteser I am booked on the same cruise – form what I can see you can add referrals post-booking. if you are ok to link 3-way, drop me an email on avstar84@gmail.com, thanks!

if anyone is interested in the Sailor Loot refer-a-friend for the same cruise, here’s my referral link to get yourself $200 onboard credit
    https://virg.in/o5gj

TimM 52 posts

Generally disembarkation occurs in status order, e.g. those with the most expensive cabins first. It can take hours. If you show your flight details to reception they should bump you up a few categories.

Sadine Class 2 posts

Booked the Irresistible Med for 4th Sept. Here is a referral code if anyone else is booking the same trip

https://virg.in/oN8V $200 each will go down well for sure!

Not overly excited by the itinerary but just glad to be able to get away again, and a steal for the virgin point deal.

Hi Londonswan,

Did you use a referral to make your booking if not, would you like to email me and we can see if we can make this work,

serious_chafing at icloud.com

Thanks

ms 69 posts

If you cancel 120 days or less from the sail date, but 46 days or more, no refund will be given, but all monies paid towards the voyage fare will be converted to a Future Voyage Credit that may be used up to one (1) year from the original Cruise date. All taxes, fees, and monies paid to additional bookable add-ons will be refunded. see section 1.10 below for our booking change policy.

If you or any of the persons travelling with you are prevented from taking the holiday, you/they may give your/their place on the booking to someone else – in this sense you can give, sell, or transfer your booking to another person. In this situation, providing we are given at least 48 hours’ notice of your wish to make the change, we will permit the name change and no associated fees will be charged by us.

So seems very flexible? Technically, you’d be able to freeze this till next year if not used in exchange for Future Voyage Credit?

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    angel19 2 posts

Have booked Spanish Obsession, 25 Sep-2 Oct. If anyone else is booking the same cruise and wants to try for referral loot (we may get $200 onboard credit each) please try my link https://virg.in/owKj

Many thanks and see you in Barcelona!

stevenhp1987 331 posts

Had success linking 2 x Access Key bookings for $200 credit, despite initially being told “Since the Access Key created a heavily discounted rate, the referral Sailor Loot is not applicable.”

If the request is rejected, suggest trying again – seeing as there is nothing in the referral T+C to say the offer is not applicable to access key bookings… indeed everyone who booked with an access key still receives emails publicising that you will get $200 for a referral.

2f of the “Sail With Friends Offer” terms and conditions states that access key bookings are excluded from the offer. It’s also less than $100 a day.

https://www.virginvoyages.com/Web-Marketing/promotions-terms-and-conditions

f. Combinability. The “Sail With Friends” offer is combinable with most other promotions, particularly individual and public, non-circle promotions. “Sail With Friends” offer is not combinable with Circle offers, Interline rates, Tour Operator rates, sailors traveling on Friends and Family, gifted, or charter voyages, or who travel on a deeply discounted voyage fare (i.e., voyage fares of $100/day or less). Shipload of Love offer, and First Mates’, no-charge access keys, are also excluded. Persons boarding for solely pier-side events do not qualify

Molly 89 posts

serious_chafing at icloud.com

Just emailed asking for your referral info

JenT 150 posts

Generally disembarkation occurs in status order, e.g. those with the most expensive cabins first. It can take hours. If you show your flight details to reception they should bump you up a few categories.

This isn’t the case on Virgin – they encourage you to disembark yourself (with your luggage, not leaving it outside the cabin the night before) and you just book a time on the app. Nobody checked our time slot so you could just walk off whenever you wanted.

Dace 52 posts

What are the rules with alcohol on these cruises, is it the typical two bottles of wine and no sprits?

JenT 150 posts

What are the rules with alcohol on these cruises, is it the typical two bottles of wine and no sprits?

Correct – two 750ml bottles per cabin of table wine in carry on bag. Nothing in checked luggage and no other types of alcoholic drinks.

Travel Strong 258 posts

Totally naive on how checked baggage / carry on works on such a cruise… surely it is all going to my cabin, not to a ‘hold’. Is there really a difference?! Do you not just walk on with your case(s)?
    Would wine in your large case be any issue compared to it being in a ‘carry on’?

TimM 52 posts

Totally naive on how checked baggage / carry on works on such a cruise… surely it is all going to my cabin, not to a ‘hold’. Is there really a difference?! Do you not just walk on with your case(s)?
    Would wine in your large case be any issue compared to it being in a ‘carry on’?

Each cruise line has its rules re. alcohol. None of them are logical. I would imagine that the Virgin rule is so that any excess can easily be removed and the guest issued with a receipt for collection at the end of the cruise. With Royal Caribbean once I made the mistake of putting a corkscrew in my main luggage. That was enough for my bag to be confiscated, then I was sent a ‘naughty boys’s note’ to collect it from the naughty boy’s room in the bowels of the ship and this made me miss the first dinner as I couldn’t dress until afterwards. It is best to follow whatever mad rules they have and err on the side of caution.

JenT 150 posts

You spend quite a bit of time in the ‘departure lounge’ after check in, before you can board the ship, and that would get pretty crowded if everyone had all of their bags with them, as well as slowing down security. Big bags get handed over to the cruise line as soon as you arrive, are security checked away from you and are delivered to your cabin. Carry on bags are normally limited in number and size.

Mart 38 posts

i noticed on my VS credit card a 10% back on virgin voyages offer, does anyone know if you purchase a bar tab $300 it would trigger or is billed as something else like hotel points are often billed by points.com?

stevenhp1987 331 posts

i noticed on my VS credit card a 10% back on virgin voyages offer, does anyone know if you purchase a bar tab $300 it would trigger or is billed as something else like hotel points are often billed by points.com?

My bar tab was billed by Virgin Voyages.

Mart 38 posts

Thanks for that I may leave it to the last minute to purchase some bar tabs because I have bid for a upgrade and that would be worth more

chrischris2202 29 posts

Going on the irresistible med from 7-14 August. If anyone wants to try linking the booking and dining together on the ship feel free to leave your details.

RobL 72 posts

Going on the irresistible med from 7-14 August. If anyone wants to try linking the booking and dining together on the ship feel free to leave your details.

My daughter and her partner are on that cruise – let’s try and link the bookings and grab some Loot. You can email me on
    hstgonz (at) proton (dot) me

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    chrischris2202 29 posts

My daughter and her partner are on that cruise – let’s try and link the bookings and grab some Loot. You can email me on
    hstgonz (at) proton (dot) me

Great, just emailed you. Can you link multiple bookings as well?
    Anyway if anyone wants to say Hi to some late 20s working in Finance on this trip feel free to reach out 🙂

Howard0181 33 posts

We have the Valiant Lady from Barcelona on 4th September. Are cabin upgrade offers made?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.