Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Virgin Voyages Master Thread (do NOT post referral codes – use other thread)

• RobL 72 posts

For info I have cross-referred two bookings (using booking numbers) at least one of which was made with the Access Code 95K offer. Very straightforward using online chat from the VirginVoyages site. Took a while to get an agent but the usual ploy of copy / paste ‘Speak To Agent’ and repetitively entering it eventually came good.

RobL 72 posts

The Irresistible Med itinerary 7 – 14 August.

Referral link

https://virg.in/owfB

$200 Sailor Loot each up for grabs.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    chrischris2202 29 posts

For info I have cross-referred two bookings (using booking numbers) at least one of which was made with the Access Code 95K offer. Very straightforward using online chat from the VirginVoyages site. Took a while to get an agent but the usual ploy of copy / paste ‘Speak To Agent’ and repetitively entering it eventually came good.

Also possible to link multiple bookings as far as I’ve read, feel free to get in touch.

pbcold 348 posts

We have the Valiant Lady from Barcelona on 4th September. Are cabin upgrade offers made?

My trip starts on July 31st and this email arrived yesterday:

Upgrading your home at sea has never been easier.

All you have to do is make an offer to add to your original booking price, sit back and keep a very casual eye on your inbox. If your offered price is accepted, you’ll be billed for your Level Upgrade — complete with sweet new digs at sea. If it isn’t accepted, your original booking stays the same. No stakes. Just winners……..

Followed by a list of the cabins

sneydpotter 3 posts

I’m on French Daze and Ibiza Nights 11-18 Sep if anyone fancies linking bookings.

Just got back from The Irresistible Med, this is the best value redemption ever!

https://virg.in/oYVy

stevenhp1987 331 posts

I’m on French Daze and Ibiza Nights 11-18 Sep if anyone fancies linking bookings.

Just got back from The Irresistible Med, this is the best value redemption ever!

How was it? Any tips for us upcoming travellers?

There are very few reviews of the Valiant Lady online!

markdhayes 57 posts

I’m on the 11th-18th one too, I’ve booked using miles so it’s been hit or miss on linking bookings. Some chat agents refuse and some have done it. I’ve had 3 work
    So far and got $50 for each link. If anyone wants my details to try and link message me: Markdhayes at hotmail dot com

avstar 6 posts

drop me a message as well on avstar84(at)gmail(dot)com, i need to call them today so can process the referral

Jipster 37 posts

I’ve had success being referred for the sailor loot and referring someone else via the chat function. If anybody is yet to be referred for The Irresistible Med 4th Sep to 11th Sep email me and we can give it a go…. a c e s t o n y @gmail.com

Howard0181 33 posts

I have a Valiant Lady booking on 4th September with the 95,000 points offer. Just had an email with an offer to upgrade. There are various different cabins. I know there are some cabins with access to certain areas of the ship and which have the drinks package included. Anyone had a successful bid?

Thanks, Howard

Mart 38 posts

I had a successful bid £875 for a sweet aft suite it was £10 more than the minimum.
    Remember if you got a virgin credit card you can get %10 cashback on that £875 or maybe even more upto 12.5% I believe.We Sail next week looking forward to it best value redemption with points I think I’ve ever had.

Howard0181 33 posts

Mart – Thanks, what does those give you apart from a nicer cabin?

Thanks, Howard

sneydpotter 3 posts

How was it? Any tips for us upcoming travellers?

There are very few reviews of the Valiant Lady online!

Just go and read the reviews of Scarlet lady. Having done both the differences are “very” minor. The shuffleboard tables on Deck 7 are in a different place, the swings have been replaced with some cool mirrors and there isn’t a crystal Moët bottle in the bar for Afternoon Tea. Other than that you will struggle to tell which ship you’re on!

S136 8 posts

Anyone going on the 24th July sailing and looking to refer each other?

Roberto 283 posts

On Board…
    Less than 800 passengers but in the 2 hours I been here I gotta say the ship and the staff have been first class.
    Met another HFP poster Steve (and Anna) in queue to board. Its a small world.
    If you have any question feel free to post them and I (we) will attempt to answer them as we figure it out.

Stayed at the Hotel Colon overnight in Barcelona and can reccomend both the hotel and location

stevenhp1987 331 posts

Always nice to meet another HfP poster Robert.

We’re also happy to answer questions etc.

So far we’ve toured the ship, enjoyed tacos in the galley which were excellent and a cocktail in the pool.

I think we’re regretting not buying two bar tab packages…

My first piece of advice is to check your reservations in the Virgin Voyages app on arrival. I noticed our Sat (this eve), Sun (tomorrow) and Fri dinner reservations disappeared… The theatre schedule for those days have changed which I can only assume caused it.

Had to rebook them all!

rufusrea 11 posts

How do you buy the bar tab.

stevenhp1987 331 posts

How do you buy the bar tab.

On the website. Go to your booking. Below it is an option to pay £245 for $300 plus $50 bonus bar tab.

You will then see the bar tab as an add-on in both the website and app.

Roberto 283 posts

Always nice to meet another HfP poster Robert.

We’re also happy to answer questions etc.

So far we’ve toured the ship, enjoyed tacos in the galley which were excellent and a cocktail in the pool.

I think we’re regretting not buying two bar tab packages…

Maybe we should have bought 3 bar tabs.. todays drinks bill was $180,we got onboard after lunch and the sail away champers was free!

Talking on sail away bubbles last week there was 184 (free) bottles popped apparently….

markdhayes 57 posts

Any update Roberto? Any advice on restaurants/shows?

stevenhp1987 331 posts

I can’t speak for Roberto, but we were on the same cruise as him. We ran into each other several times.

I found most of the shows to be average – mostly one person shows. The one exception is Dual Reality. That’s a must see in my opinion. They give Cirque du Soleil a run for their money. Cocktails with the Diva was quite good too. It was listed in the app as part 1 & part 2. It’s just a show with an interval but many seem confused thinking it was going to be a repeat performance and left. Puddles Pity Party was not something I overly enjoyed. It seems many left confused by what the show was while many left raving about it. Kind of like Marmite.

There were a lot of shows added to the schedule once on board that are not listed in the promotional material. For example Cocktails with the Diva & Puddles Pity Party mentioned above. No idea if these are on all these cruises though.

The Wake is billed as their number one restaurant but I personally preferred Extra Virgin for dinner. The pastas were really great as was the meatballs and charcuterie boards. I do recommend trying each speciality restaurant at least once. We never ate at Razzle Dazzle for dinner though, but we had breakfast there twice. The Wake was fully booked on the sail away night and the Fillet Mignon was excellent! (Hint: Book for after 7pm unless you are happy to miss the free flowing champagne party between 6-7pm on the first night).

The menus in most of the speciality restaurants are big enough for multiple visits. The Test Kitchen & Pink Algave we didn’t give a second visit. The former is due to the very nature of a 6 course set menu and the later because there was too much fusion (e.g. New York steak with some spicy sauce). I do recommend the wine pairing menu for the Test Kitchen. The wines perfectly complemented the excellent food.

The Dock House on Deck 7 (aft) do lovely small nibbles and is generally a great location to be when the ship sails out of port.

We ate at each speciality restaurant and in most of the Galley locations. We only once got a “bad” meal – and that was in the Wake for breakfast during a muster drill. We were comped some drinks as an apology so they certainly made it right. I generally found the Galley and Razzle Dazzle to be great for breakfast and superior to the Wake in those regards. I found the Wake/Razzle Dazzle served breakfast faster than the Galley though due to the sheer number of people eating there.

Reservations for breakfast in The Wake & Razzle Dazzle (only two speciality restaurants open for breakfast) never seemed to fill up. The Wake was fully booked for each evening rather quickly however.

The service in general was excellent. The staff were very attentive.

There was a sail away party between 6-7pm on the first night where there was plenty (hundreds?) of bottles of champagne flowing freely…

markdhayes 57 posts

Is the champagne sail
    Away just for rockstars or everyone? Thanks for the review.

stevenhp1987 331 posts

Is the champagne sail
    Away just for rockstars or everyone? Thanks for the review.

Everyone. They do stop serving free booze at exactly 7pm though.

I saw several people with many full glasses (they managed to grab a few before it ended) in front of them when it finished and I wish I did the same!

pbcold 348 posts

I can’t speak for Roberto, but we were on the same cruise as him. We ran into each other several times.

I found most of the shows to be average – mostly one person shows. The one exception is Dual Reality. That’s a must see in my opinion. They give Cirque du Soleil a run for their money. Cocktails with the Diva was quite good too. It was listed in the app as part 1 & part 2. It’s just a show with an interval but many seem confused thinking it was going to be a repeat performance and left. Puddles Pity Party was not something I overly enjoyed. It seems many left confused by what the show was while many left raving about it. Kind of like Marmite.

There were a lot of shows added to the schedule once on board that are not listed in the promotional material. For example Cocktails with the Diva & Puddles Pity Party mentioned above. No idea if these are on all these cruises though.

The Wake is billed as their number one restaurant but I personally preferred Extra Virgin for dinner. The pastas were really great as was the meatballs and charcuterie boards. I do recommend trying each speciality restaurant at least once. We never ate at Razzle Dazzle for dinner though, but we had breakfast there twice. The Wake was fully booked on the sail away night and the Fillet Mignon was excellent! (Hint: Book for after 7pm unless you are happy to miss the free flowing champagne party between 6-7pm on the first night).

The menus in most of the speciality restaurants are big enough for multiple visits. The Test Kitchen & Pink Algave we didn’t give a second visit. The former is due to the very nature of a 6 course set menu and the later because there was too much fusion (e.g. New York steak with some spicy sauce). I do recommend the wine pairing menu for the Test Kitchen. The wines perfectly complemented the excellent food.

The Dock House on Deck 7 (aft) do lovely small nibbles and is generally a great location to be when the ship sails out of port.

We ate at each speciality restaurant and in most of the Galley locations. We only once got a “bad” meal – and that was in the Wake for breakfast during a muster drill. We were comped some drinks as an apology so they certainly made it right. I generally found the Galley and Razzle Dazzle to be great for breakfast and superior to the Wake in those regards. I found the Wake/Razzle Dazzle served breakfast faster than the Galley though due to the sheer number of people eating there.

Reservations for breakfast in The Wake & Razzle Dazzle (only two speciality restaurants open for breakfast) never seemed to fill up. The Wake was fully booked for each evening rather quickly however.

The service in general was excellent. The staff were very attentive.

There was a sail away party between 6-7pm on the first night where there was plenty (hundreds?) of bottles of champagne flowing freely…

This is incredibly helpful, thank you.

kwho 62 posts

We’re on the ship this coming sunday. Looking forward to it.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.