Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• Magarathea 51 posts

I booked an outward reward flight online using an Amex 2-4-1 companion voucher and then booked the return flight again online 2 weeks later, not part of the companion voucher. I was not looking forward to phoning BA to get these linked and getting half of my avios back for the return flight. Tried the phone line once and the system said they could not take the call. I tried the online BA chat, for the first time and was initially concerned to see I was in a queue of 50 customers. 15 mins later and I was at the top of the queue and it was all done in 10 mins. Avios back in my account within the hour.
    Highly recommend this. Well done BA chat.

NorthernLass 7,590 posts

I tried for half an hour this morning and couldn’t even get in a queue! I did manage to get through to a human at 6 am to get a cash booking re-ticketed but that department won’t help with avios queries. But after coming off the phone for that one, I found I had actually had a Twitter response to my avios query, after sending it a week ago 😂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.