I have written quite a bit about Hilton recently, and for good reason:
- They launched a decent sale which lets you book now for any weekend in 2013
- They are running an average (although better than a poke in the eye) promotion offering 1,000 bonus points per night for stays on certain nights of the week
- They are running promotions with over 20 airlines, some of which (BA, Virgin, Emirates) are pretty generous – and can be combined with the promotion above. The BA one offers up to 3,500 Avios for one stay if you are BA Gold, plus your Hilton points as well. However, it is now too late to register for this.
Hilton has now launched ‘Hilton Friends and Family’ – see here for the home page.
This is a very tight promotion, covering just 14th December to 7th January. Despite the ‘Friends and Family’ name, anyone can use it.
The savings are excellent – 50% off Best Available Rate at Waldorf-Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, Doubletree and Embassy Suites properties. The 3-star chains (only Hampton Inn exists in Europe) are 30% off.
There are two things about this promo which are worth noting:
1. The prices are better, in many cases, than the existing sale promotion I linked above
2. Rates appear to be fully flexible in most cases
So, if you think you might fancy a few days away after Christmas – but you’re not sure – you have nothing to lose. You can make a booking, and if you need to cancel the day before then you can.
Rooms will also qualify for points, so you can take advantage of the bonus points and airline miles promotion I mentioned above. The only restriction is that you cannot book New Years Eve.
I am tempted to pencil something in at the Waldorf-Astoria Syon Park outside London to keep the kids busy inbetween Christmas and New Year.
(Remember to follow our ‘Hotel Promos‘ page for the latest offers for all of the major hotel chains.)