American Express and the Hyatt London Churchill hotel are jointly sponsoring a weekend of focus group / relationship building events later this month. This is happening over the weekend of Friday October 24th to Sunday October 27th (half-term, annoyingly).
This is the schedule:
Friday 25th October
09:30 – 11.30 Attendance at an Amex-run focus group
Afternoon – Optional trip to RAF Museum London (free)
Evening – Optional dinner at 4030 in the Gherkin (charged at cost)
Saturday 26th October
19:00 Champagne reception and dinner, sponsored by American Express (free, but £35-50 charitable donation to St Martins-in-the-Fields is requested)
– Crushed peppercorn beef loin, parmesan, rocket and tomato caper vinaigrette
– Mesclun rocket salad, roasted beets, sundried cranberry, warm goats cheese tart and hazelnut dressing
– Cured scallop with artichoke fennel salad, tomato confit and hazelnut vinaigrette
– Rack of lamb, truffled potatoes, baby carrots and thyme jus
– Herb steamed halibut, spinach and saffron-vegetable broth
– Spinach and ricotta ravioli, sage oil and parmesan shaving
– Chocolate fondant with cranberry compote, chocolate-chip mint ice-cream
– Winter berry clafoutis, white chocolate crumble, whipped cream
Sunday 27th October
12:30 Champagne brunch (optional, £60)
As long as you agree to attend the focus groups on Friday morning, the rest of schedule is optional. You could just attend the gala dinner on Saturday night, in return for a donation to charity (tax deductible ….!).
Sunday champagne brunch and the Gherkin dinner on Friday are charged, but these are optional.
Similarly, there is a special rate at the Hyatt if you want to stay there, but this is not compulsory. If you do stay at the Hyatt, there is a free champagne reception on the Thursday evening.
Note that the group will be entirely frequent flyers – it is not an event for general Amex customers, it is focussed at the ‘miles and points’ community.
I am not involved in the organising of this event, and nor am I attending as we are on holiday. However, the organisers (who put together a similar event for Amex / Hyatt last year) have asked me to put the word out, which I am happy to do as I had decent feedback on last years event.
If you are interested in attending some or all of the events, please email [email protected]