Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Buy Hilton Gold status for just $49 !

Here is an interesting offer if you are interested in getting Hilton HHonors Gold status.

Hilton Gold is generally seen as the best of the mid-tier hotel statuses, because it offers three genuinely useful benefits:

Free breakfast (except at Waldorf-Astoria)

Free internet

A (pretty much guaranteed) upgrade

Hilton Gold

Hilton is currently offering a free trial of Gold until Christmas in various targetted promotions, but if you didn’t receive those then you can’t take part. In which case, this offer may work instead.

Online travel forum Milepoint (a very-much smaller version of Flyertalk) is currently offering Hilton Gold as a benefit if you sign up for their Premium membership package. This costs $49.

There are offer benefits included as well (National car rental status, 1000 United Airlines miles) but it is the Hilton Gold card which will attract most attention.

The link to the Milepoint subscription page is here (deleted as now dead). Hilton Gold will run until February 2015, so you actually get 16 months of status for your $49. This is a pretty good deal and would pay for itself in just one Hilton stay, assuming two people both got free breakfast.

(To see our complete list of all current hotel promotions for the major chains, click here to visit our ‘Hotel Promos’ page or use the link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)

Comments (62)

• Simmonds87 says:

Yes, mine has worked already too! – Time to book!

• KilburnFlyer says:

I’m a now a proud Hilton Honors Gold Member! Top work raffles.

Want to check out the Hilton Buenos Aires on my BA First Class trip to the world cup (booked on a 2for1 avios voucher, of course) LHR – GIG in F, EZE – LHR in J 🙂

• Alan says:

I really like that hotel – excellent food in the Exec Lounge and great location. Enjoy your trip!

• Chris says:

I too had about a 4 day turnaround to get Gold status.

Quick question as I’m not that familiar with the Hilton rewards programme… I’m staying in the Elara in Vegas for 5 nights next month, but have booked through Lastminute.com as they were about 35% cheaper than Hilton directly. I wasn’t gold at the time and didn’t pay much attention to the rewards etc due to this. So my question is, for about £130 extra, should I cancel my lastminute booking and book directly with Hilton? I can’t see where I find out what I’d earn with HHonors Gold, or what that means in terms of what I could redeem. Any advice?

• Rob says:

Received wisdom (ie what I read elsewhere although I’ve never tried it myself) is that Hilton is more generous than other hotel groups at recognising status benefits if you book via third parties. I certainly wouldn’t swallow £130 just to change to a direct booking UNLESS it was a long stay (say, a week) and so the benefit of 14 free breakfasts and free internet would kick in – and there is a chance you might get it anyway. Vegas hotels are very fluid with upgrades as well – generally stuffing the reservation clerk a $20 tip works wonders, eg http://boardingarea.com/viewfromthewing/2013/01/17/tipping-at-checkin-for-hotel-upgrades-in-las-vegas-and-around-the-country/

• Chris says:

Thanks Raffles…

I’ve had 2 failed attempts previously with the $20 trick, but will give it another go.

One final question – as I don’t have a physical card, do I just quote my HHonors membership no. to them?