Last week, I ran this post outlining a great promotion currently being run by Shangri-La Hotels and their Golden Circle loyalty scheme. If you play their online game for 5 of the 6 weeks it runs, you will have enough points for a $100 per person food and drink voucher valid at any Shangri-La property – which is exciting, given that they are soon to open at The Shard in London.
This is a reminder that Week 3 is now available to play on the Shangri-La website here. (At the time of writing, there seems to be some problems with game running in various browsers. If it doesn’t work, leave it a day and try again – I’m sure they will fix it.)
Unfortunately, it is now too late to register for this game if you want to earn the $100 food and drink voucher. There are only 4 weeks left, earning 200 points per week. The best you could do is 500 points per person, worth a $50 food and drink voucher per person.
Reader Tony got in touch to explain exactly how you redeem these points. Over to Tony:
“I redeemed 3,500 points for food in Hong Kong earlier this year. [Readers should know they can’t] just rock up to the bar and use your GC card to pay the bill.
- A Non-Room Award confirmation is valid for six months from the date of redemption is made.
- Advance reservation with the participating food and beverage outlets or CHI, The Spa is required.
- A Member or Nominee must validate the redeemed Non-Room Award in exchange for a Golden Circle redemption voucher in person by presenting proof of identity document at the Business Centre prior to the service being used.
- Redemption vouchers can only be used at participating food and beverage outlets or CHI, The Spa on the date of validation.
- Redemption vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash. All unused value will not be refunded whether in terms of cash, GC Award Points or otherwise. Any excess amount will be charged to the Member or Nominee.
- Redemption vouchers cannot be used to purchase merchandise or services that are contracted out by the Hotel to a third party.
- Redemption vouchers cannot be used to settle charges on banqueting, outside catering and event spends, or expenses charged to a room account.
- Redemption vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or promotional offers.
- Redemption vouchers must be presented at the time of payment.
- A maximum value of USD200, or local currency equivalent, worth of redemption vouchers can be used to settle payment for each transaction. The value of voucher(s) will be converted to its applicable local currency equivalent at the Hotel’s prevailing exchange rate.
- Once the redemption is made, no amendment or cancellation is allowed.”
(To see our complete list of all current hotel promotions for the major chains, click here to visit our ‘Hotel Promos’ page or use the link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)