IHG Rewards Club (the Holiday Inn, HI Express, Crowne Plaza, InterContinental etc group) will release a “preview” of the new list of PointBreaks redemptions at some point today.
I will run the list on Head for Points tomorrow. The official list will be revealed on Monday, when booking opens up. 150 hotels will be included.
All of these hotels will be available for just 5,000 IHG Rewards Club points per night – saving up to 45,000 points (90%!) on InterContinental redemptions.
The booking and staying period for this new batch of PointBreaks is 24th March to 31st May.
PointBreaks availability is very limited so book ASAP if you are interested, as soon as bookings open up on Monday. Bookings are refundable as with a standard reward reservation. IHG works on US time so I would not expect the offer to be available until mid-afternoon in the UK.
The sample list that was released is not desperately exciting:
- InterContinental Hotel – Marine Drive Mumbai, India
- InterContinental Hotel – Medellin, Colombia
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Beijing Zhongguancun, China
- Holiday Inn Hotel San Diego – North Miramar, California, U.S.
- Holiday Inn Express Madrid – Alcorcon, Spain
- Staybridge Suites Salt Lake – West Valley City, Utah, U.S.
- Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads, New York, U.S.
…. but we need to wait and see. If there is a hotel near somewhere you need to be, it will be a great deal for you, however impressive the list overall.
Ironically, Alcorcon in Madrid was the Holiday Inn Express that I did a ‘mattress run’ stay with during my time in Madrid last Autumn. It was on PointBreaks at that point as well!
(To see our complete list of all current hotel promotions for the major chains, click here to visit our ‘Hotel Promos’ page or use the link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)