Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Last chance to convert Clubcard points to Virgin for 30% bonus

Just a quick reminder that 31st March is the last day to convert your Tesco Clubcard vouchers to Virgin Atlantic Flying Club to benefit from the current ’30% bonus miles’ promotion.

This means that you will receive 325 Virgin miles per £1 of Tesco vouchers,  compared to the usual 250.

There is also a separate promotion offering 2,500 Virgin miles if you choose to set your Tesco account to auto-convert to Virgin Flying Club each quarter.  I do not recommend this, though, as it is better to keep hold of your vouchers until a decent conversion bonus comes along.  If you do want to do it, perhaps with a dormant Clubcard account, log-in to the Clubcard website and go ‘My Clubcard Account’ and ‘My Preferences’.

Details of the conversion bonus, and the web page to order from, are here.

If you are not familiar with Virgin Flying Club, please do NOT jump in and convert a large pile of vouchers without doing your research.

My original post on the offer is here.  That post contains a substantive discussion on the pros and cons of diversifying into Virgin Flying Club alongside Avios points.

HFP Virgin Atlantic Rewards credit card

How to earn Virgin Points from UK credit cards (November 2020)

As a reminder, there are various ways of earning Virgin Points from UK credit cards.  Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses!

Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which earn Virgin Points

As well as the two official Virgin Atlantic credit cards (see here, one has a bonus of 15,000 Points), you can also earn from various American Express cards – and these have sign-up bonuses too.

(Want to earn more Virgin Points?  Click here to see our recent articles on Virgin Atlantic and Flying Club and click here for our home page with the latest news on earning and spending other airline and hotel points.)

Comments (8)

• C says:

There hasn’t been an avios conversion bonus for ages has there? Or have I missed one within the last year?

• Bobajob says:

No, you haven’t missed one, there haven’t been any.

I’m waiting for an Avios one too – I’ve got well over the amount of VS miles I need and £600 of Clubcard vouchers to convert!

• pazza2000 says:

When does the 2.5k auto convert bonus tend to post? I have done it in the past (different account) although have forgotten if a conversion actually has to take place to trigger it, in which case I guess it would be along when the next statement is due?

• Hummer says:

I have 2 questions if anyone knows the answers.

I set my Clubcard account to auto convert the vouchers just like it says for 30% extra and 2000 bonus miles, now I presumed at the time it was timed offer to the end of quarter, but its not. So the question is if your auto set to convert are you going to get the 2000 bonus points and will you get 30% bonus miles?

Second question if you have say £50 in vouchers in your clubcard account and a current end of quarter balance with clubcard of 1000 points if your account is set to auto convert do they auto convert 1000 points £10 or auto convert 6000 points £60?

• Louie says:

I think that the 30% bonus was only for vouchers transferred by 31 March, not for future auto converted vouchers. But you should get the 2,500 bonus (not 2,000) for auto converting after this quarter ends on 2 May (you can cancel that once the miles post if you want!).

They will only auto convert that quarter’s balance, not any vouchers already in your account.

• pazza2000 says:

I too set my account to auto convert. The 2k ‘bonus’ for doing so does not post along with a conversion, in fact you do not even have to convert vouchers at all to trigger it. I’m not sure when the bonus will post, hopefully soon before next months quarters statement is due.

In answer to your other question, only your current balance in points will be converted if signed up to ‘auto convert’, any previously vouchers issued will remain intact.

• Hummer says:

Thanks Louie that’s exactly what I thought would happen.

• Louie says:

Well 1,000 miles have posted today for the autoconvert bonus. Not sure if the other 1,500 will follow automatically or whether I will have to chase that up (fortunately I still have the email offer). Anyone else the same?