New Amex cashback deals including £50 back from Apple

American Express has launched what I assume will be its final batch of ‘statement credit’ offers for the year.  You can access these deals with either an American Express-issued card (British Airways, SPG, Gold, Platinum, Nectar etc) or with an Amex card issued by Lloyds, TSB or MBNA.

You can access these deals via the cardmemberoffers.co.uk website here.

The standout deal is:

£50 off a £500 purchase from the Apple website (2,000 people only, closes 31 December)

iPhone

There are less exciting offers for:

Leon (£5 back when you spend £10)

Gaucho (£10 back when you spend £50)

Primark (£5 back when you spend £15)

amongst others.  You should also take a look if you are planning to visit Nespresso, Dell, Heal’s, Laura Ashley, Fenwick, Bentalls, D&D Restaurants or Currys PC World.

You MUST register for EACH offer you want to use – the cardmemberoffers site has the relevant sign-up pages.

Don’t forget that the ‘Shop Small’£5 back on £10 spend’ deals are still running until the 21st, and the wide range of Heathrow / Gatwick / Stansted shopping offers – which require you to open a Foursquare account – run until the end of January.  I got £5 cashback on my £10 Café Nero lunch in Terminal 2 on Tuesday!

500 bonus SPG points per stay when you book a hotel via their mobile app
British Airways launches Greek tourist routes from London City

Comments

1. Great Apple offer, thanks. I registered for the Gaucho offer too – does anybody know if this will work on purchasing a gift card from them?

2. Wonder if this works with the Apple education discount. It does say not valid with any other offer although that’s not an offer as such.

• I cant see why not as long as its billed as Apple. Thanks for the heads up Raffles, hoping to use the Apple one 🙂

3. I couldn’t see anything obvious in the small print at signup about not being able to spend £500 on Apple Store Gift Cards by Email and get the Amex credit. The way these things normally work is that if you spend the right amount of money at a store you get the credit, it doesn’t matter what it’s on. No reason so far to think that’s not the case this time.

4. Anyone found a good use at budgins or onestop for small shop? I was hoping they did giftcards but dont seem to.

• I put 14 cards trough a Budgens store stocking up on gluggable wine. Bottles of Wolf Blass for £2.50 each were a great deal. The cashier thought it was amusing processing everything in £10 lots. They also have beer deals at exactly £10. I didn’t see any third party giftcards.

• So did we @Squills. Were you at the Golden Hind on Marylebone High Street by any chance – the couple opposite us paid with Amex?

• Visited 2 Onestop stores yesterday for Corona and Peroni 6 X £10 purchases at each. These are the only transactions that I have not received the ” Thank you for using small Shops” email.

• Still no sign of the One stop credits on any of the 6 cards used at both the stores. Looks like I will have to follow up with phone calls.
        Anyone else had problems with Onestop credits.

• Andrew S says:

Do they not have mobile top ups?

5. avidsaver says:

Great! Thanks Raffles. My partner and I were planning a new Apple computer purchase for next Spring. So, we’ve both bought a £500 gift card each and saved £100! Happy days.

6. Dang, I just bought an Iphone 6…..oh well, next till next time then…

7. I bought a Caffe Nero gift card at the landside branch at Terminal 5 and got £5 back!

8. Will it stop you registering when it hits 2000 (Apple) or is it pot luck do we know?

9. If you doing the Apple deal the shopping portals at Avios.com and ba.com are doing a promotion of 50% extra Avios so you will earn 6 Avios per £ which is a better deal if you need and value Avios.

10. As a slight aside do not believe Dell’s order by dates for Xmas. A few years ago I had a daughter with no Xmas present and absolutely no interest from their customer service. On further investigation it had happened to lots of people the previous year.

11. Globetrotter7 says:

Yup! Both me and hubby have this offer. Plus there is a £20 off £100 spend code on hukd (Exp 18th Dec). I paid £56 instead of £101 for my Christmas shopping. Happy days 🙂

12. That makes the team lunch at Gaucho this week a bit cheaper – thanks for highlighting this

13. sandgrounder says:

Anyone had a successful credit from the Thistle offer? Reading the small print and it is not direct, but I am concerned it may exclude prepaid rates.

• wilfred47 says:

I am still waiting for my thistle credit, i contacted customer services who told me that it may take up to 8 weeks from date of purchase but if it doesn’t appear they will apply it manually.
      I had pre-paid aswell.

• Nonsense, it hits immediately or never.

• sandgrounder says:

Looking at the offer, the opening blurb says:

‘Save offer to your Card to get a £50 statement credit when you spend £100+ on your card in one transaction for stays booked & completed at UK Thistle & Guoman by 16.12.14. Valid for the first 10,000 Cardmembers to save offer.’

However, the third point in the Ts&Cs says ‘payment taken at checkout’, which of course isn’t the case with a prepaid rate. I emailed them this morning to confirm or deny eligibility. I’ll be disappointed if they refuse, it should have been much clearer which rates were eligible, if this is the case.

• sandgrounder says:

I have my reply and I will be credited. Got to love Amex and their efficient service. Lloyds take note! 🙂

14. Did anyone else get the Amex Plat “A special gift just for you” J. Crew £50 off £50 spend. Just checking if it was just for me. LOL

• Yes I received it -I think it was emailed to all Plat cardholders from the comments on flyertalk. J Crew are crediting £50 back to my Amex as they accept it was an error.

• I received slightly different kind of email from Amex. They gave me a £50 voucher code to spent on J Crew in store or online, which I guess is more or less the same kind of offer.

15. I wonder if this will work like the last statement credit offer I got with Gap a few months back? I ended up returning the items as they were a poor fit and they didn’t remove the statement credit – real free money!