New Amex cashback deals including £50 back from Apple

American Express has launched what I assume will be its final batch of ‘statement credit’ offers for the year.  You can access these deals with either an American Express-issued card (British Airways, SPG, Gold, Platinum, Nectar etc) or with an Amex card issued by Lloyds, TSB or MBNA.

You can access these deals via the cardmemberoffers.co.uk website here.

The standout deal is:

£50 off a £500 purchase from the Apple website (2,000 people only, closes 31 December)

iPhone

There are less exciting offers for:

Leon (£5 back when you spend £10)

Gaucho (£10 back when you spend £50)

Primark (£5 back when you spend £15)

amongst others.  You should also take a look if you are planning to visit Nespresso, Dell, Heal’s, Laura Ashley, Fenwick, Bentalls, D&D Restaurants or Currys PC World.

You MUST register for EACH offer you want to use – the cardmemberoffers site has the relevant sign-up pages.

Don’t forget that the ‘Shop Small’£5 back on £10 spend’ deals are still running until the 21st, and the wide range of Heathrow / Gatwick / Stansted shopping offers – which require you to open a Foursquare account – run until the end of January.  I got £5 cashback on my £10 Café Nero lunch in Terminal 2 on Tuesday!

500 bonus SPG points per stay when you book a hotel via their mobile app
British Airways launches Greek tourist routes from London City

Comments

1. That makes the team lunch at Gaucho this week a bit cheaper – thanks for highlighting this

2. sandgrounder says:

Anyone had a successful credit from the Thistle offer? Reading the small print and it is not direct, but I am concerned it may exclude prepaid rates.

• wilfred47 says:

I am still waiting for my thistle credit, i contacted customer services who told me that it may take up to 8 weeks from date of purchase but if it doesn’t appear they will apply it manually.
      I had pre-paid aswell.

• Nonsense, it hits immediately or never.

• sandgrounder says:

Looking at the offer, the opening blurb says:

‘Save offer to your Card to get a £50 statement credit when you spend £100+ on your card in one transaction for stays booked & completed at UK Thistle & Guoman by 16.12.14. Valid for the first 10,000 Cardmembers to save offer.’

However, the third point in the Ts&Cs says ‘payment taken at checkout’, which of course isn’t the case with a prepaid rate. I emailed them this morning to confirm or deny eligibility. I’ll be disappointed if they refuse, it should have been much clearer which rates were eligible, if this is the case.

• sandgrounder says:

I have my reply and I will be credited. Got to love Amex and their efficient service. Lloyds take note! 🙂

3. Did anyone else get the Amex Plat “A special gift just for you” J. Crew £50 off £50 spend. Just checking if it was just for me. LOL

• Yes I received it -I think it was emailed to all Plat cardholders from the comments on flyertalk. J Crew are crediting £50 back to my Amex as they accept it was an error.

• I received slightly different kind of email from Amex. They gave me a £50 voucher code to spent on J Crew in store or online, which I guess is more or less the same kind of offer.

4. I wonder if this will work like the last statement credit offer I got with Gap a few months back? I ended up returning the items as they were a poor fit and they didn’t remove the statement credit – real free money!

5. Does anyone know if this works if I register a supplementary Amex card? Thanks

• Unless your supplementary card has the same card numbers as the main holder, it should let you register without any issue.

6. Can’t see the Apple Store offer seems gone now

7. OT but Apple related, looking for an I phone 5c for grand daughter ( pink of course ) sim free, seen one for £319 at Apple store. Does this seem a good deal,
    Thanks

8. If Amex hits its maximum number of registrations for an offer, does it tell you so you know not to make the purchase as you’ve missed the deal?

9. Does the transaction have to happen in the UK and in £, or as long as the converted amount is over £500 (e.g. $800 in US)?

• The T&Cs say that you have to shop via apple.com/uk so I expect it has to be a GBP purchase.

10. wetboy1uk says:

where do you find if you are targeted for the morrisons offer?

• Globetrotter7 says:

On your Amex Account. I have it on my Gold card

• If you can see the offer with your other ones you have been targeted.

If you can’t, you haven’t. The offer is in the usual Offers section of your online account.

• The morrisons one is also only for morrisons.com

£25 off £60 spend by 18th Jan

11. 16.00 Register Amex Card
    16.30 Buy Apple kit exceeding threshold.
    17.00 Amex email confirming £50.00 statement credit
    18.00 Apple confirm iPads shipped.

Just too easy.