It is a while since I have written about the Club Carlson ‘two for one’ and ‘four for two’ deals that are offered to Club Carlson Gold members. This is for stays at Radisson, Park Inn and Park Plaza properties.
This is especially poor of me, because Club Carlson Gold is a benefit of the American Express Platinum card which a lot of Head for Points readers hold. I will make up for that today!
The 2-4-1 deal works like this:
Pay for Thursday night, get Friday night FREE
Pay for Friday night, get Saturday night FREE
The 4-4-2 deal works like this:
Pay for Wednesday and Thursday, get Friday and Saturday FREE
Pay for Thursday and Friday, get Saturday and Sunday FREE
It is only valid for hotels in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. One Gold member can book up to 2 rooms, so it also works OK if you need a 2nd room for family or friends.
Not all hotels offer this, and availability varies depending on how busy they are. I used it once, in Riga, with an excellent result. Not only did I get two nights for the price of one, but the hotel upgraded me to a Business Class room because of my Gold card. This meant I got free mini-bar, free pay TV and free breakfast as well! I think my total bill was around £40!
As a quick experiment, I did a search for Berlin in late January 2016 which is low season (the Radisson Blu in Berlin is pictured above – yes, that is a massive aquarium in the lobby!):
- 5 of the 8 properties offered me a free Saturday when I bought Friday
- 5 of the 8 offered a free Friday when I paid for Thursday
- 4 of the 8 offered Friday and Saturday for free when you paid for Wednesday and Thursday
- 4 of the 8 offered a free Saturday and Sunday when you paid for Thursday and Friday.
Whilst you will definitely not find such good availability everywhere, the rates are there if you want them although you may need to book a few months ahead.
How to earn Radisson Rewards points from UK credit cards (January 2021)
Radisson Rewards does not have a dedicated UK credit card. However, you can earn Radisson Rewards points by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards. These include:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 60,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with two airport lounge passes.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 90,000 Radisson Rewards points
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 5,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 15,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for life.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:3 into Radisson Rewards points which is a very attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 3 Radisson Rewards points.
Even better, holders of The Platinum Card receive free Radisson Rewards Gold status for as long as they hold the card. It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Shangri-La Golden Circle Jade and MeliaRewards Gold status. We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here.
(Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)