Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

EXCLUSIVE: Get £15 of free beer, in a Gatwick bar, with Priority Pass or Lounge Club!

OK, this is a weird one.  But I can’t help thinking that it will be welcomed by some Head for Points readers!

Priority Pass and Lounge Club, the airport lounge access cards, have opened a new lounge at Gatwick South.  Remember that British Airways moved to Gatwick South two weeks ago, so this is very timely.

The new lounge is …. a bar.

To be precise …. The Grain Store Cafe & Bar.

Grain Store Gatwick

Obviously this is not an airport lounge.  It’s a bar.  In an airport.

The terms and conditions are simple.  Turn up at The Grain Store Cafe & Bar, flash your Priority Pass or Lounge Club card, and you will receive £15 per person off your bill.  You can charge as many guests as you like to your pass, although you will obviously be recharged later on if you are beyond your guesting limit.

This is quite tempting.  I have an American Express Platinum card which comes with two free Priority Pass cards.  Each allows me a free guest.  If my wife and I turn up at The Grain Store Cafe & Bar with our kids, we will get a £60 discount on our bill.  And if we’re still hungry or thirsty, we can pop into the No 1 Lounge anyway …..

This is also a decent way of using the two Lounge Club passes that come with American Express Preferred Rewards Gold.  ‘Take out our card and get £30 of free beer’ – now that’s a selling point!

Thanks to Jeremy for this.

Comments (102)

• Grimz says:

OT – Any idea what happens when you get a refund on BAPP which takes you back under the 10k spend but you already have the companion voucher in your account?

• Genghis says:

Nothing

• Grimz says:

Wow that’s interesting ( :

• Alan says:

If you make a habit of it the Amex might stop giving you a card. Personally I’d add transactions back on to clear the underspend before closing the account, but up to you…

• Genghis says:

Agreed. That’s why I don’t really agree with the refundable hotel / flight method to hit a sign up bonus.

• Grimz says:

yes exactly that’s what I will do before I cancel the card! I just cancelled a reward flight with a 241 and rebooked but the new spend went onto another card which was beneficial to hit the spend on that one!

• Radiata says:

I had a QR J ticket refunded and relieved that spend just missed the £10k level albeit since achieved as did not want triggered at the time.

Interestingly the “Avios to be transferred” box showed a negative figure until said spend matched but certainly Jo claw back of Avios already deposited into BAEC account in the interim. Which I would have accepted.

• Pilsanils says:

I have the pay as you go variant of the priority pass. Will this offer count as a visit which I will be charged for, and then just have the bill reduced by the same £15 as was taken from my account?

• Alan says:

Yes – it’s mainly of use to those with unlimited PP visits (esp Amex Plat where we get a free guest)

• ankomonkey says:

“ask for a doggy box” I might need to use this for a free picnic lunch at the start of half-term…

• the real harry1 says:

anybody got the £50 off £200 on Amex Travel?

• Chris says:

So both wife and I have our own Amex plats, so 2 PP cards each – each of which is allowed a guest.

Hmmmmm
    Wonder if I could get £120 off my bill here?
    Do they sell Krug?!!

• Stephen Thomson says:

Not £120 I think buy 4 x 15 as it’s 1 quid a head so £60 but still not a bad deal at all and would work out well for us as a family of 4.

• Stephen Thomson says:

Sorry, ignore me, re-read your post, I was thinking of a plat plus supp rather than 2 plats. Hope you’re not planning on sharing the Krug with all those people!!

• Simon Schus says:

Any idea how long this offer will continue for?

• Wally1976 says:

Hope this is still running in August when I bring my family through LGW. Should have Amex plat by then so reckon we’ll get there nice and early for our 11am flight, go for breakfast in here before heading to one of the lounges for a couple of pre-flight beverages 🙂

• Polly says:

We are planning to so the same in May. And they now accept HSBC elite Lounge key, so even more options for those who use that too. So nicer breakfast at grain store, followed by no 1 lounge some drinks etc.. Should be nicer experience flying from LGW now.