Stockholm / Berlin / Copenhagen to Singapore from £885 business class, with 560 BA tier points

Qatar Airways is currently offering an excellent fare of £885 from Stockholm, £945 from Copenhagen or £999 from Berlin to Singapore in Business Class.

I mentioned this as a PS. to our coverage of the new Qatar Airways sale the other day, because it isn’t actually part of the main sale.  I thought it was worth highlighting again in more detail because:

you obviously can’t go wrong at SEK 10,142 from Stockholm, €1,185 return from Berlin or DKK 8,339 from Copenhagen

Qatar Airways business class is excellent as I reviewed here, here and here

you get to fly a brand new Airbus A350 from Doha to Singapore, with the latest Qatar business class seat, although Berlin to Doha is an older A330.  If you go via Copenhagen or Stockholm, you get a brand new Boeing 787 between Denmark and Doha!

you will earn 560 British Airways tier points for the trip, which is virtually the 600 tier points required for an Executive Club Silver Card – but remember that you need to have four BA cash one-way flights as well before you get promoted

Qatar 787 350 business class

This Singapore deal is NOT part of the main sale.  It is only available for departures between now and 21st June.  You can return later but the last outbound date is 21st June.

It is not available every day but it is definitely available.  Try Stockholm, Berlin and Copenhagen as starting points.  You must book by 22nd May.

To get the price of SEK 10,142 / €1,185 / DKK 8,339 you also need to use the promo code MASTERCARD when booking.  Click here for details of how the MASTERCARD offer works.  The last day to use this code is 21st May, a day earlier than this fare ends.

You do not need to pay with a MasterCard, however.

The Qatar Airways website is here.  If you are looking for a long-haul break over the next six weeks or so, you may have found it ……

American Express Nectar credit card - in-depth review
Air Canada dumps Aeroplan (or, the perils of selling off your loyalty programme)

Comments

1. Tracy Regan says:

Just for info, I booked a Qatar flight yesterday using the MASTERCARD promotion and I did have to pay with MasterCard.

• Me too – no other payment options given at the last screen.

• Richard says:

I tried 5 or 6 times with my curve card and it kept not going through. Then I got an email saying my booking was on hold and to keep the flights i should pay within 12 hrs. I went to manage my booking and was prompted to pay, and then I could pay with any card i liked for the original price 🙂

• After you get a booking ref and before you pay, open a new browser window. Go to QA site, manage booking, enter booking ref and name. Booking will be on hold awaiting payment. Go to pay…now you can pay with any card.

2. Akkers says:

I’m guessing Curve works?

• Andrew says:

Curve works fine but yes, you don’t get any other payment options other than Mastercard.

3. zsalya says:

On the A350 earlier this year we found the middle seats very far apart.
    Better than the “honeymoon” layouts if one is travelling together.
    But travelling as a couple, we decided we would have been better off either side of an aisle.

Perhaps someone can comment on CPH v ARN, but for QR I expect they are better than TXL.
    At TXL, Qatar don’t get an airbridge so it’s a ‘bus (not separate for Business Class) and walk up the stair experience.
    Less of an issue in the summer, unless it’s raining.

And the available lounge is fairly miserable – see https://www.headforpoints.com/2017/01/11/my-review-of-the-british-airways-terraces-lounge-at-berlin-tegel-airport/

• zsalya says:

“together” should be “on one’s own”
      Sorry!

• Alex W says:

We did CPH to DOH on the Qatar 787. The lounge was ok but not great. No showers. Middle pair of seats on the 787 in J were fine. But I actually preferred their 777, I found the seats more comfortable, particularly as a couple.

• AndyR says:

Agreed. Everyone moans about the 777, but for a couple they are great and it feels so much more spacious than the newer seats on 787, A350 and A380.

• Absolutely agree. Give me the comfortable old 777 any day where I can stretch straight out rather than have to squeeze my legs into a coffin-shaped hole.

• Andrew (@andrewseftel) says:

Yup I also prefer the 777 to the 787 (for a couple). So much space

• I was on the 777-300 (the version with the single 4 row J-cabin) earlier this year, had 3A from DOH to AMS and I hardly noticed my neighbour. Getting up never was a problem. I say a great aircraft and very comfy seats.

4. Chris says:

I’ve had a look and can’t find anything in the current sale(s) to Asia for July/August.
    Is that likely to change, or am I missing anything?

• Rashad says:

“It is only available for departures between now and 21st June”

• Chris says:

Yes thank you I read that bit. There’s also another set of sale fares from late August.

I’m asking if there’s anything floating around that anyone’s found for July or August, or if anything is likely to come up. A long-shot I know.

5. Another OT (ish): What happens when you fly after the end of your tier point collection year, but before the end of your membership year? Do the tier points go towards the next collection year? Thanks

6. NickS says:

I just booked last night but from TXL 🙁 What is that business seat like as thats my night flight?
    And if anyone is interested, I simply booked a ‘dummy’ return in economy which I won’t use which means I essentially bought TXL – SIN business one way for £650.

• Justin says:

Would you not have the pay the ‘no show’ fee if you skip the return?

• The no show fee is merely a deduction from any refund you might request or if the ticket is changeable to another date

7. Does the free stop over in Doha with hotel work with this fantastic Singapore deal?

• Andrew says:

Should do. QR say adding a stopover doesn’t increase the fare. Just book using multi-city.

• Polly says:

Should do, read ribs article from may 9th…

• Lawro says:

AFAIK terms say you need min 12-hour connection to use so worth double checking flight times.

• You only get a hotel if there is no possible connection in under 8 hours
      If there is even if it costs £5000 then you don’t get a hotel

8. OT – but why have HBO fare disappeared from ba.com for domestic flights? Or is it something I’ve done to search criteria??

• Aliks says:

I think they just renamed it – check the restrictions by clicking the “more info” button

9. Andrew says:

Prices can go down as well as up, so booking a non-refundable is a gamble, could win, could lose.

• Yup. Just a big gamble.

I book a Hilton stay 11 months in advance once. Non refundable as well. Took a gamble and it paid off as the price only went up.

With IHG I have no idea!

• Indeed. I think I rebooked InterCon Paris four times last year (for an August stay) as the price kept dropping. I also rebooked our recent IC Hong Kong stay following a sharp price fall.

10. Andrew says:

Worth noting that LHR-Stockholm is currently in the BA Luxury Sale – if you want to pick up another 80TP on your positioning flights.

11. Optimus Prime says:

OT: Have Hilton and Starwood/Marriot ever done than one points sale per year? Any chance of doing another one this summer?

• Optimus Prime says:

I mean *more than one sale…

• Lawro says:

Hilton seems to run a points sale every couple of months at least in recent times. I believe SPG had at least a couple last year, including the surprise bonus offer where they were giving up to 50%.

• Hilton seems to have them all the time at present. Starwood rarely did but they have got more frequent and have never been as generous as the last couple.

12. Nigel says:

Any good Qatar deals out of Cairo?

13. What are chances of Qsuites if flying know Jan/Feb 2018?

• Check aircraft type. All A350-1000’s will be fitted upon delivery (likely starting Q4 2017), 777’s are being retrofitted and first one should be done by June 2017, A350-900’s also being retrofitted but no ETA.

787 and A380 need a different form of seat as their cabins are not large enough in all dimensions so no word on an ETA for them.

Best bet is A350-1000, then 777 and A350-900 to give you the best chance.

Should be dozens of aircraft fitted by early 2018

14. Freddie says:

Presumably one of yesterday’s commentators will be along at some point to let us know whether going to Qatar is ethical……

Sorry Rob, couldn’t help myself! Please no one reply to this, it’s just a joke!

• Benedict says:

Pisa, Italy (PSA) is the standout winner for ex-EU flights to Singapore after the 21st June cutoff date. Plenty of availability at €1569 = £1330.

15. Chris C says:

OT – I have to fly to Nairobi later in the year and so am looking at the QR sale to (nearly) attain Silver status). I have a quick question regarding status, do you have to be flying on a one world partner to use the BA lounge or any of the other partner lounges, or will you get away with simply showing your membership card?

• Barry cutters says:

you need to be flying on a one world carrier, on the day of entry.
      Need to show your boarding pass (with printed one world status on pass)

16. OT .. Can someone point to the Amex Gold to Platinum upgrade link with 20k bonus please? I think I saw it in comments section of one of the HOP articles but can’t find it anymore. Thanks

17. I personally would never lock in £3.5k of stay unless I was getting it in a sale and I had some confidence that the regular price would never drop below the sale price.

There is also a lot that can happen between now and Feb in the Middle East – some new hotel may open next door with super low rates, a massive building project could kick off next to the hotel you’ve chosen …..

18. Genghis says:

How much is the refundable rate? Or on points?

19. Chris C says:

What is the A320 business class like?

• Decent, if you Google it under Google Images you’ll see it. 2 x 2, not fully flat IIRC. Bit like Domestic First on a US airline.

20. As all the middle Eastern currencies are fixed to the US dollar except Israel, you are also gambling on GBP/USD.

I bet it’s going to go above 1.3 after the election so for such a large amount you might be saving up to £100 if you wait and the hotel rate stays put for the next few weeks

By next year the rate might plummet if Brexit goes badly and Trump does OK. Then you would have done well by locking in now (if the hotel charges your card soonish at least) regardless of whether the hotel rate has risen

But if the pound recovers then the hotel rate might go up in the hotel currency but the £equivalent might be the same

21. Seats all selected free of charge and we earn 560 BA tier points and 16626 Avios each.

Who needs BA when going east anymore? I hope that one day soon they may start services west too from the EU!

22. OT – for anyone who doesn’t know, re the Tesco bonus Clubcard points with gift experiences: If you want the bonus points but not a particular experience, once purchased you can exchange the voucher for another one, which gives you the entire selection to choose from. So, for example, you can book a spa day voucher then exchange it for one for a meal, either paying the difference or receiving a credit if applicable. It doesn’t affect the Clubcard points.

• Polly says:

Anna, very useful info, was unaware of that. Quite often look at them but don’t bother to book up. Might do now with a different aim.

23. The A330 used from TXL is in a brand new 2-2-2 configuration that is similar to the 787 middle seats. It’s lie flat and feels brand new. I felt almost no difference to the 787 seats.

• Polly says:

Torsten, thanks for that info, lve just been looking at TXL KUL next year and was a bit hesitant because that A330 is on 3 sectors.

24. KBuffet says:

Does anyone know if you can collect Harris’s Rewards Points at the Qatar counter in Harrods?

25. Craig Chivers says:

Rob, you mention you don’t need to pay with a MasterCard, but when i get to the booking screen, only MasterCard is an option. Any way around this?

26. occasional ranter says:

Genuine question: is it really worth getting 3 flights each way in order to travel Qatar business class, rather than just travelling Singapore Airlines economy direct from London to Singapore ? The latter seems less of an ordeal to me, much as I’ve enjoyed some of the business class flights I’ve taken.

• For that length of flight I definitely would, although I really appreciate the legroom and am used to always having to connect for long-haul flights anyway!

27. Ive tried connecting to the Mastercard Quatar thing but I keep getting a blank screen ?