Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Bits: Priority Pass adds sleep pods in Dubai, last chance for TopCashback / Avios bonus

News in brief:

Priority Pass adds sleep pods in Dubai

You can’t accuse airport lounge card Priority Pass of standing still.  After adding a restaurant / bar at Gatwick South (you get £15 of free food and drink by showing your Priority Pass) and seven restaurants / bars in Sydney, it is now offering its first sleep pods!

When I was in Dubai in March I walked passed the YAWN area and thought it looked …. umm …. interesting.  This is a new airport sleep concept, whereby you can get a 2-hour session in one of 20 Igloo Sleep Pods – see photo below.

The pods are available 24 hours a day and come with free wi-fi and power points!  They are situated in Terminal 3 of Dubai International Airport so ideal for anyone flying on Emirates or Qantas.

As a Priority Pass member, you can get two hours use of a Sleep Pod for free.  Full details are on the Priority Pass website here.

Yawn sleep pod

and

Yawn sleep pod 2

Last chance for TopCashback / Avios bonus

A quick reminder that tomorrow, 20th May, is your last chance to convert any money you have sitting in cashback site TopCashback into Avios or BA Executive Club with a 25% bonus.

You are getting 1.25 Avios for every 1p you send over, which means you are ‘buying’ Avios for 0.8p.  That is a very good deal and well worth jumping on.

(EDIT: a comment below suggests that the TCB website is badly worded and the offer actually ends at midnight tonight, the 19th.)

IHG Rewards Club buy points

Last chance for IHG Rewards Club 100% buy points bonus

And, finally, a reminder that today is your last chance to buy IHG Rewards Club points with a 100% bonus.  The link to buy is here.

Comments (40)

• mark2 says:

OT
    On June 8th I shall be on a cruise ship off Alaska with WiFi.
    Does anyone know please whether I can watch the BBC News channel on a tablet using something like WatchTVNow and TunnelBear?

• Optimus Prime says:

Was going to use PP for the first time in LHR T5 and there’s a 30 minutes wait. My boarding gate will be announced by that time so… Might as well downgrade from Amex Plat to Gold, PP doesn’t seem useful to me.

• Rob says:

That lounge has always worked that way, but the new 175 seat Plaza Premium will make a huge difference when it opens in Q4.

• Optimus Prime says:

Fair enough. I guess it makes more sense if you arrive at LHR with plenty of time ahead.

This time they’ve started boarding just 15 minutes after gate announcement! That’s a record for me!

• dldsguest says:

May or may not work for you: I had the same problem just now with only 5% showing – I went to the part payout option, deselected one item, clicked recalculate and the 25% bonus appeared. Added the item back in to make it a full payout, recalculated again and the 25% bonus remained so did my transfer. So maybe a glitch in the system that the recalculating solves?

• dldsguest says:

• the real harry1 says:

last time, when it said it had dropped to 5%, you still got 25% for another 12 or 24 hrs

• Aeronaut says:

Sleep pods really shouldn’t have wifi… sleeping doesn’t require an internet connection!