Nutmeg Avios

Hilton launches ‘See The World’ week-long flash sale with discounts of up to 35%

Hilton is running three flash sales this week with discounts of up to 35%.

Confusingly there are different stay dates for each part of the world, although the one thing that is fixed is that you must book by 19th March.

This is what is on offer.  You need to be a Hilton Honors members to get the full discount listed below but that is unlikely to be a problem for HFP readers, and in any event it is free to join via

Remember that many American Express cardholders have a new offer of £50 cashback on £250 of spend at selected hotels in Europe – click here for details.  This should combine with the sale.

UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa – book here

Save 25% on Best Available Rate at Conrad, Waldorf Astoria, DoubleTree, Hilton, Canopy and Curio.  A smaller discount of 15% off Best Available Rate is available at Hampton and Hilton Garden Inn.

You must stay between 16th March and 31st August.  Three day advanced purchase required.

US, Canada and Latin America – book here

Save 20% on Best Available Rate, except at Conrad and Waldorf Astoria where a lower 15% discount is available.

You must stay between 25th March and 9th September.  Three day advanced purchase required.

South East Asia and Australasia – book here

Save 35% on Best Available Rate or Bed & Breakfast rates.

You must stay between 18th March and 31st December.  Five day advanced purchase required.

Remember that rooms booked under this offer are non-refundable.  This means that, whilst it is correct to say that the discount is based on Best Flexible Rate, this is not your actual saving.  Non-refundable rooms are generally 10% cheaper than Best Flexible Rate so the genuine sale discount is probably around 10% – 25%.

At the time of writing, the South East Asia and Australasia sale is already live – you can book here.

UK, Europe, Middle East, Africa, US, Canada and Latin America rooms can be booked via the this page.

Don’t forget the current Hilton Honors bonus offer

The sale will combine with the current Hilton Honors promotion for 2,000 bonus points per stay plus an extra 10,000 points if you can manage five stays (and for every 5th stay thereafter).

This is valid for stays until 30th April.  The main Head for Points article and registration link is here.

If you collect Lufthansa miles, see this article for an excellent Miles & More bonus offer which works alongside the 2,000 bonus points deal if you change your earnings setting to ‘points and miles’.  It ends on 25th March.

It's back - Get up to 80,000 Avios when you open an ISA or SIPP via Nutmeg
Bits: Amex cutting merchant fees globally, Travelex / Avios reminder, Terminal 5's 10th birthday

1. Axer99 says:

I don’t think it will combine with my amex offer since the teens and conditions of that seem to mean it cannot be prepaid online .

• Except in the US, Amex has no way of knowing whether you prepaid online since the transactions are all processed at the hotel’s front desk anyway.

• Crafty says:

It worked last time. Can’t guarantee anything but personally I’m going to assume the setup will be the same.

2. @ 4.54am looks like the Asia page is up but rates not loaded – checked a few hotels

3. Just looking at Australia – doesn’t look like the deals have been loaded yet. According to the T&Cs, the deals go live at 8am UK time.

4. Craig Strickland says:

Do all hotels charge immediately for this offer, it might be worth me risking the Amex offer triggering? I have 2 nights in London in July to take me to six of eight over three months which I will probably turn into a status match.

• It’s entirely up the hotel as they charge you manually, except for prepaid stays in the US.

• I have experience of this, with the hotel ‘doing you a favour’ by not charging until the day you arrive and so costing me a bonus.

• Craig Strickland says:

That’s jolly decent of them!

• I’m thinking of booking Hilton Berlin (outside Amex offer dates) but as it’s a pre pay I’m hoping it may trigger the Amex offer. In the past though from memory I think I’ve had the same experience with the big hotel chains and not been charged until the day I’ve arrived. If the hotel does take the payment I wonder if the offer will be triggered regardless of dates?

• All based on the day payment is taken. By the way, review of the excellent Berlin Marriott tomorrow.

• Craig Strickland says:

I booked a night at the Doubletree Liverpool a few months ago and that was charged when I booked. I have another in Mumbai and that hasn’t been. I have 2 flexible nights booked already, just deciding whether to take the ‘gamble’.

• In my experience that’s easily solved just call up the hotel and tell them you’d like them to take payment now. I’ve done that a couple of times.

• I always emailed the hotel direct and ask them to take the payment if no payment has been taken within 7 days of booking and they always obliged 🙂

• I’ve done the same, they normally take payment immediately 😉

5. Looking at staying in Singapore from 1st-2nd April but saying my dates are not eligible for this rate although clearly the dates are not blackout dates. Tried both Conrad and Hilton Garden Inn.

6. Stu P. says:

O/T Melia Rewards can now be allocated to BAEC. Was not able to select them as a partner over the weekend but seems to work now.

7. Good luck to anyone who benefits from this sale however in my view this sale is not a sale. I hesitate to use other adjectives.
    Hotels I have bee researching for some week rocketed late last week across the board and surprise surprise are now lower than the exhorbitant levels they went to late last week. They are still higher than before this “Fladh Sale” was so well trailed and publicised last week.

• Can’t agree, I’ve been looking at Hiltons in Atlanta for a couple of months for June, and they are reduced across the board in this sale by the advertised %. You should always look at the bottom line and compare with similar properties. There’s some great value here.

8. Craig Strickland says:

Does anyone have any experience of treatment for Gold/Diamond at Conrad St James?

• Lounge is excellent so as a Diamond with guaranteed access you’re sorted.

• Craig Strickland says:

Thanks, it’s only £25 more than the flexible I have for the DT Westminster. Here’s hoping that Hilton will status match me again when I request in May.

• New Card says:

Is lounge access not guaranteed for Gold too? I had thought it was (I have a stay there next week…)

• Breakfast is guaranteed for Gold but not lounge access.

• Genghis says:

Not guaranteed.
          If you are an Hilton Honors guest with Gold status, you and up to one additional registered guest in the same room will be granted complimentary access to the Executive Floor Lounge only if you receive a room upgrade to the Executive Floor or an upgrade to a room type that confers Executive Floor Lounge access benefits.

• You’re thinking of Marriott Gold possibly which is the only mid tier (if you call 50 nights mid tier) to give lounge access.

• New Card says:

Ah I see – thanks everyone. I think I was thinking of Marriott Gold. Better keep my fingers crossed for a room upgrade then…

• Excellent if you enjoy the bunker feel. Zero natural light, zero view.

• Very nice hotel and agree with Rob re:exec lounge.We were there on Hilton CC voucher night and the room we were given was a quite spacious exec room, for London.

• I was there for 2 weekend nights a month ago – we used 2 free Hilton Barclaycard certificate nights, and both of us are Gold (via Amex). We were given a room on the Exec floor with lounge access for the weekend, as well as the free breakfast (which we thought was delicious). There is a £10 supplement for an a-la-carte offering.

9. Don’t forget that if you qualify for the public sector offer, that remains cheaper (in all cases that I’ve just checked)… Only found out about this through HfP late last year!

10. Website booking section appears to be down however if you use the app, you can make bookings with the deal applied

11. Got the Hilton KL at a legit discount (seems they are late going on sale – check later if your date appears to be sold out

Hilton Paddington the flex rate magically has jumped so I would only be saving £6… No thanks!

12. Scottydoggiom says:

I was looking at booking a Double tree in Swindon for a trip i have planned , was £54 the other day , now £51 , its hardly 25% off , but i suppose its a saving !
    It has brought the deluxe and suite prices a bit nearer to my budget tho

13. I can see the sheffield hampton at £49 this sunday was £60 before and the abu dhabi grand capital at 240 DH rather than 288 DH in a few weeks time so looks like it’s live.

Agree the 25%-35% rates don’t seem to be applied consistently across properties though, also the % is taken off the best available rate price, so that’s why it might not be 25% off the cheapest headline HH price displayed before the sale.

14. Andrew says:

Don’t forget that Amex isn’t the only organisation that’s giving Cashback on Hilton Hotels.

On my Bank of Scotland and Halifax offers at the moment, There is 10% Cashback on Hilton & Doubletree (max £60) and 12% on Hilton in the Middle East, Africa & Turkey (max £100) – so it may be a better discount than Amex at certain pricepoints.

Hilton & Doubletree Terms:-

Earn 10% Cashback when you spend over £75 on your next stay at either Hilton or DoubleTree by Hilton Hotels. Offer expires 14/05/2018 and is valid one time only. Stay must be completed before the offer expiry date. Offer is available globally and excludes properties located in the Middle East, Africa & Turkey. Maximum reward £60. Book or reserve a room direct today at

Middle East & Africa Terms:-

Earn 12% Cashback when you spend over £75 on your next stay at any property in the Hilton portfolio of brands in the Middle East, Africa or Turkey. Offer expires 14/05/2018 and is valid one time only. Stay must be completed before the offer expiry date. Offer only valid at Hilton properties in the Middle East, Africa or Turkey. Maximum reward £100. Book or reserve a room direct today at

15. What a con – I was all set yesterday to book a night in the Hampton in Amsterdam for €149, but thought I’d hang on until today to see what the discount would be. Very disappointed to see the sharp practice of increasing the regular rate to €179 and publishing the “Sale” rate of €152.

It’s not just the Hampton I was going to book, but at least all the other Hilton properties in and around Amsterdam that are participating. Very poor!!

• sunguy says:

I noticed this as well, a base rate jumping from 209EUR to 217EUR overnight…

Does anyone remember the Dixons perennial “Closing down sales” of the 1980s ? Or the fact that when companies file for bankrupsy, in general, the prices the administrators start charging for products to flog them off is usually more expensive than they were on sale for before the administration process….

Same thing…..its imoral, but part of (dubios) business….

• Andrew (@andrewseftel) says:
  16. If anyone has success in the Amex £50 offer triggering for these bookings (even when outside the Amex offer dates) please shout! Would be very grateful…

• It certainly won’t trigger if it’s outside the offer dates – that is, the payment needs to be taken when the offer is active, regardless of when you actually stay.

• Thanks John, yes so wondering if the payment is taken now (i.e. when offer is active) but the stay is outside offer dates, will it trigger?

• Thanks Mark, fingers crossed it triggers 🙂

• TGLoyalty says:

No need to cross fingers it will work as long as the hotel makes the charge, if they don’t email or phone and ask them to asap.

I assume AMEX only mention stays becuase that is when you are guaranteed to be charged and they don’t want people claiming they had booked in those dates but we’re never charged the fee within the offer dates.

17. You say that the M&M offer is better than the Hilton 2,000 bonus points offer – they’re parallel – you can get both, so it’s not a question of choosing one or the other.

18. Looking for a hotel in St Petersburg this summer during the World Cup – hotel costs are so high. Any tips on points redemption opportunities?

• You will be lucky to get something now. However all of the hotel schemes let you search availability without having the points already to hand so no harm in digging around. Perhaps wait until the last minute if this is for the knock-out rounds as others will cancel (although I can’t believe you’d be looking to book a hotel for the knock-out rounds if you are backing England …..)

• Andrew (@andrewseftel) says:

Radisson Rewards – I think they have a decent presence there, offer last room availability and you can transfer 1:3 from Amex.

19. So there is mention that in the past these Amex Hilton offers were triggered by cumulative rather than single booking spend within the period.

Whilst I see there is no guarantee that this might work now, was it a rare event or common before?

• The Hilton ones have always been cumulative as far as I remember. Most of the Amex offers although they never tell you.

• Matthew Clark says:

Thanks that’s helpful Rob.
        I won’t bet on it but it will probably tip the balance from Marriott to Hilton in for some bookings I’m doing.

20. RussellH says:

I have two stays at NCL soon; both originally booked points + cash over two months ago. One still worked out slightly cheaper on points+cash than on the sale price, but the other sale price was (a bit) cheaper than points+cash (using Rob’s 0.3p value, though I usually get much better than that at the city centre Hampton). I checked the current non sale prices and they seemed pretty much in line with what I would have expected, ie they had gone up slightly over the last two months. Certainly had not been pushed up significantly.

• TGLoyalty says:

Are you factoring in the points you will earn on the stay Inc the 2k bonus?

BTW I like the current offer 5 1 night says and a nice 20k of bonus points.