Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

The British Airways Special Services team is now the Concorde Team

The British Airways Special Services team, which will look after ‘every detail of the airport experience for [their] most premium customers’, has been renamed the ‘Concorde Team’.

Concorde Team members will apparently undergo special training designed by The Dorchester and wear uniforms by luxury tailor M&S.

Heathrow will be the first airport to offer the revised service with JFK to follow in the coming months.

Here are the new Concorde Team M&S uniforms if you need to spot them (I quite like the white shirt) although in theory they are meant to find you if you are deemed important enough:

new concorde outfit by M&S

Comments (115)

• RussellH says:

Also Completely OT ????

I see that one of the little perks of BA Bronze status is being able to use business class check-in desks and priority boarding. Better than nothing, but BA is not clear as to whether that applies to others on the booking reference if you are travelling as a couple or family.
    Ironically, my partner has earned exactly as many tier points as me over the last six years, but because we do not share a year end date, she lost 140 tier points last summer less than a week after earning them. (And no, we could not have travelled a week later – my niece would not have appreciated us arriving two days after her wedding!)

• Jason says:

Never had a problem with checkin or boarding always go on the highest status.

• Rob says:

Within reason you can bring who you want.

• Tilly says:

The BA site states:

“It is possible that customers travelling together may receive different group numbers. In this case, please make your way to the gate where you will be able to board together.”

• Scallder says:

OT – BBC Reporting that BA are keeping their Newcastle and Manchester call centres so not going to be outsourced to Capita…

• Rob says:

Correct. I have Alex’s statement.

• Darren says:

Had great service from Newcastle over the years, a lattery Manchester – good news.

• Lady London says:

Thank heavens they’ve seen sense.

• Nick says:

Don’t underestimate the meaning of this. When AC came in one of the first things he said was “you’ve still got call centres? Wow well they’ll have to go”. The fact that he’s lost the battle is a sign that the tide is turning.

• Crafty says:

No, just that the big outsourcers are facing an existential crisis at the moment, so this decision is risk management pure and simple

• Rob says:

No, I do actually think that he knew the publicity would be awful (as was mentioned above, the news covered the decision) and that BA does not need any further bad publicity.

• jo says:

OT: is there any FX transfer service that takes amex? I have had no luck with azimo/transferwise/revolut

thx

• Dan says:

I’d like to know this too. Potentially a way through billhop perhaps, but I’ve not thought how!

• pablo fonseca domingo panto says:

Very nice looking presentation of people.
    I will be happy to see them on my flight tomorrow to Chennai

• Alan Boswell Group says:

Hi Jim, thanks for your note, not sure who told you this, but could you provide me your details and I will check our calls. We do not have a minimum premium so you should have got points. I will also credit some Avios to you for the error on our part. Regards Simon (Please use [email protected] or [email protected] to get in touch if possible)