UPDATE – OCTOBER 2021: This article is now out of date, but don’t worry. We produce a monthly summary of the top hotel bonus point offers – please click HERE or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ menu above.
Time is running out for the current generous Radisson Rewards offer to promote their rebranding from Club Carlson. I outlined the few differences between Club Carlson and Radisson Rewards in this article.
I wanted to run through it again today as – whilst you need to book by 15th April – you have until 30th June to actually complete the stays.
Here is the headline deal:
- Book & stay two nights: earn 5,000 bonus points
- Book & stay five nights: earn 15,000 bonus points
- Book & stay 10 nights: earn 50,000 bonus points
- Book & stay 20+ nights: earn 120,000 bonus points
You can find full details on the Radisson Rewards website here along with a link to register.
I value a Radisson Rewards point at around 0.33p. On this basis, you are getting:
- £8 of points per night if you stay two nights
- £10 of points per night if you stays five nights
- £16 of points per night if you stay 10 nights
- £18 of points per night if you stay 20 nights
You can’t argue with the last couple of offers there. £16 to £18-worth of points per night is very good going especially if you are in a cheap Park Inn hotel which is only £50 per night.
You even get an extra 500 points per stay if you book on the Radisson Rewards app and, of course, your base points for the stay too. If you have an American Express Platinum charge card you will have automatic Radisson Rewards Gold status which gets you an extra points bonus.
The snag, of course, is the booking deadine later this week. Whilst the stay dates are 12th March to 30th June, you must book before 15th April. This is going to make it difficult to hit the 10 and 20 night targets unless your travel plans are very fixed for the following two months.
Even more annoyingly, existing bookings do not count. You need to cancel and rebook.
A cynic might think that Radisson was deliberately trying to stop people earning the bonus. That said, if you can make the offer work for you, the link to register is here.
How to earn Radisson Rewards points and status from UK credit cards (October 2021)
Radisson Rewards does not have a dedicated UK credit card. However, you can earn Radisson Rewards points by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards. These include:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 90,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with two free airport lounge passes. 30,000 points is a special offer which runs to 9th November 2021.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 60,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 180,000 Radisson Rewards points. 60,000 points is a special offer which runs to 2nd November 2021.
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 5,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 15,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for life.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:3 into Radisson Rewards points which is a very attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 3 Radisson Rewards points.
Even better, holders of The Platinum Card receive free Radisson Rewards Gold status for as long as they hold the card. It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold and MeliaRewards Gold status. We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here.
(Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)