UPDATE – JANUARY 2021: This article is now out of date, but don’t worry. We produce a monthly summary of the top hotel bonus point offers – please click HERE or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ menu above.
Radisson Rewards is not currently running a global bonus points promotion.
If you can push a lot of business their way over the next 10 weeks it could work out very nicely indeed.
It is a simple one, based on the number of nights you do between now and 31st March:
- Stay 1 night, earn 1,000 bonus points
- Stay 2 nights, earn 3,000 bonus points
- Stay 5 nights, earn 10,000 bonus points
- Stay 10 nights, earn 50,000 bonus points
- Stay 20 nights, earn 120,000 bonus points
The bonus posts cumulatively. You receive 1,000 points after your first night, an additional 2,000 (total 3,000) after your 2nd night, an additional 7,000 (total 10,000) after your fifth night etc.
I value a Radisson Rewards point at around 0.33p. This means that you are getting a very modest £3.33 return if you do just one night. If you do exactly 20 nights, however, you will have received a bonus of 120,000 points which is worth around £400 – that is a VERY attractive £20 per night!
Existing bookings WILL count. Interestingly, points and ‘points and cash’ stays will count too. This means that if you can find a very cheap 9,000 point hotel (there are none left in the UK but they still exist in other countries) and stayed there for 20 nights, you would get 2/3rd of your points back!
You MUST register in order to take part, which can be done at this page of the Radisson Rewards website.
How to earn Radisson Rewards points from UK credit cards (January 2021)
Radisson Rewards does not have a dedicated UK credit card. However, you can earn Radisson Rewards points by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards. These include:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 60,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with two airport lounge passes.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 90,000 Radisson Rewards points
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 5,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 15,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for life.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:3 into Radisson Rewards points which is a very attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 3 Radisson Rewards points.
Even better, holders of The Platinum Card receive free Radisson Rewards Gold status for as long as they hold the card. It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Shangri-La Golden Circle Jade and MeliaRewards Gold status. We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here.
(Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Promos’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)