Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Bournemouth Airport is getting an executive lounge

Bournemouth Airport has announced plans to open its first Executive Lounge on 1st June.

The picture below is taken from some pre-design work and is not necessarily going to be the final look but it seems fairly ambitious.

Pre-booking is available for £21.95 via the airport website here.  There is no word yet as to whether Priority Pass or Lounge Club will be accepted but I would be surprised if they are not.

Bournemouth Airport Premium Lounge

Sold by Manchester Airports Group in 2017, the airport is now owned by Rigby Group.  Rigby also owns Norwich, Exeter, and Coventry Airports and has management contracts to operate Solent, City of Derry and Blackpool Airports.

Comments (118)

• S says:

” if you convert to Iberia Plus (but only 1000 Avios in BA Executive Club”

Nope.

• Rob says:

This not true, though. I had an Accor stay go to IB last week and it was 1:1.

If it was true, I would have covered it.

• What are the chances then that other airlines may start to fly out of Bournemouth now they have a decent lounge?

• Andrew M says:

I stand to be corrected, but I’d be amazed if having a decent lounge was a major influencing factor when determining whether the economics of a given route make sense, particularly SH. No impact for all Y pax w/o status.

• Alex Sm says:

Don’t know about BOH but SAS is starting flying from Newquay to Copenhagen in the summer – exciting!

• Callum says:

I’d imagine exactly the same as they would be without the lounge. Why would it matter that much?

• Andrew M says:

JS commented the other day:

“Gold credit to plat card with upgrade bonus not possible (or at least they said no on chat and telephone)

I got around by self referring for green card, the upgrading that green card using the link (which did work)”.

Anyone actually done this and received the 20k? TIA.

• Shoestring says:

Or indeed from the basic (blue) card, which is also a charge card but without the £60 annual fee (green)?

• Alex W says:

If this works it’s game changing for my cc strategy!

• Oli says:

The lounge at Southend Airport has been refurbished over the summer. It is now twice bigger and is very nice

• Rob says:

Noted, thanks. If any reader is passing I’m happy to take some pictures.

Bit of a shame as it got slated in Which? Travel last month.

• K Mcdermott says:

I share your enthusiasm for Southend Airport, it’s a great option but there’s a massive problem with rail access! Most weekends, & it’s been going on for over a year, you have to get a replacement bus to/from Shenfield or Newbury Park which takes well over an hour. Some evenings the train stops about 8.30 & you’re back on buses with your luggage & wasted time. Abellio Greater Anglia’s a disaster. Surprised Stobart’s haven’t warned passengers, or read the riot act.

• Kathy says:

Ah yes, the engineering work. You can get a train in to Southend Central on the C2C line and then a cab to the airport – or walk up the high street and cross the road to Southend Vic and get the replacement bus to the airport from there (or even a regular bus). Bit of a faff, but not as bad as the rail replacement bus all the way from Shenfield.

• Callum says:

In what way are they a disaster? They don’t do the engineering work (which I imagine needs to be done and isn’t just for the fun of it!).

• Rash says:

OT: If I have booked a flight for my sister with my Amex Plat charge card. Is she covered in any way with the travel insurance? Or is it specific to me if I am travelling? Just wanted to check before she buys her own travel insurance

Thanks

• Mark says:

I book Europcar every week, I have done for over a year and i realised I had never received a single Accor point even though it was connected at the time of booking. So I submitted 6 months worth of back claims and 4 months later still no response and still not receiving points.

• Thomas Howard says:

I didn’t recieve any AAdvantage points from Europcar for a year, I chased it for six months until they told me to take it up with AA who sorted it within a week. Only problems is it didn’t reset my expiry.

• Ben says:

Does anyone know if you earn TPs on Alaska Airlines? I booked a flight through Amex Travel and the first leg is on BA then on to Alaska Airlines but the BA calculator says no TPs but Avios.
    Is that correct?