Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

British Airways to move into Terminal 8 at New York JFK in 2022

The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey announced yesterday that British Airways is to move from Terminal 7 to Terminal 8 at New York JFK in 2022.

British Airways moving to Terminal 8 JFK

This is part of a $13bn improvement project at the airport.  Low cost carrier JetBlue will be expanding from Terminal 5 to cover the space currently occupied by Terminal 6 and Terminal 7.  British Airways and American Airlines will be operating out of Terminal 8, which is to be expanded at a cost of £250m.

This isn’t going to happen overnight, clearly, but it is a little odd that it is happening at all given that BA is in the middle of spending $65m upgrading its facilities in Terminal 7, soon to become a heap of rubble.  See the image above of the new passenger area.

Comments (171)

• Tinder says:

Should anyone with large ZEEK credit be worried tonight?

• Shoestring says:

going into receivership – ‘Zeek owes around $4.8 million to Viola, suppliers, clients, and employees’

• Tinder says:

and about £400 to me!

• Shoestring says:

hard luck 🙁

• Roger says:

I have just checked mine and I have about £250 balance.
          This Zeek balance was purchased using Paypal and shows in my online account.
          Would PayPal pay up if ZEEK shuts the shop?
          It was almost 6 months ago though!

• Andrew M says:

“Purchase Failed” – multiple cards. Looks like they are shutting down shop (that was on zeekshop dot com, rather than zeek dot me).

• Mr Dee says:

Zeek was too good to be true with all the discounts it offered and bonus cash back through the cb sites which is why I never used them.

• Rob says:

Interesting. Yesterday we were told to remove Zeek links from Shopper Points immediately. When this happens it usually means the company has gone bust. However, I went to the Zeek website and all seemed fine. I did a press search and all seemed fine. Clearly not. I am only £3.40 out of pocket luckily.

• Chrisasaurus says:

Told by whom, Rob? The affiliate network?

They went quiet on me last week. If the figures above and reported elsewhere are correct then they have seen this coming along way off.

• franklyn g. morris-bison pettles snr says:

the whole zeek thing always seemed a bit fishy.
          i hope people don’t end up too out of pocket.
          good luck all.

• Rob says:

Yes, the network.

• Shoestring says:

@franklyn g. morris-bison pettles snr

Unfortunately it does not appear that Zeek holds client money in a ring-fenced separate account, though just because I can’t see this does not mean it is not the case

• DaveL says:

OT – curve. Technically, it’s cost me nothing yet because my curve top up hasn’t landed on the Amex. BUT I had a refund to my curve Amex a week ago now, which hasn’t showed up. I have no doubt that the curve top up will eventually land on my Amex (how could it not?) but I have every concern that my refund has now been lost into the ether. I will be patient for now, but it would sure be nice to know what’s going on soon!

• Mr Dee says:

Weird situation obviously something happened for Amex to not charge transactions to Curve and phone every customer to verify transactions, wish we knew more

• rams1981 says:

OT Mexico Hilton. Upgraded gold to a suite with executive lounge access. Had quite good luck with IHG and now Hilton in Mexico which I didn’t expect with lots of Americans here too who I assumed with have gold.