BA Sale

Earn 25 Avios per £1 at Hackett

Avios and American Express have come together to launch a new partnership with the upmarket men’s clothing retailer Hackett.

When I was first told about this, six months ago, it was meant to be a similar partnership to the Charles Tyrwhitt one.  I’m not sure what has changed, but the deal is now restricted to British Airways American Express cardholders as opposed to anyone with an Avios account.

This is how it works.

Hackett Avios deal

On the ‘Offers’ tab of your British Airways American Express card online statement page, you will find the Hackett offer.  Click ‘Save to Card’.

Once you’ve done that, you will earn 25 Avios per £1 spent on your BA Amex at Hackett until 28th April.

(Note: some readers are reporting getting a lower 15 Avios per £1 spent.  It looks like there is a bit of market testing going on.)

The offers work in stand-alone Hackett stores – but not department store concessions or outlet stores – and you can also buy on the Hackett website here.

Curve launches legal action against American Express
Earn Accor points as a non-guest in some of its UK bars and restaurants

BA Sale

Comments

1. Travel Strong says:

O/T Business is continuing as usual at FlyMaybe. Flight in to BHX delayed 3 times, then cancelled, after 9hrs put on an alternative flight … but bags were not, for all those who were delayed. Surely Virgin’s reputation is going to be ruined unless they rebuild Flybe from the ground up.

• Is a joke airline

the only people who don’t believe this, don’t use FlyMayBe

• Andrew says:

Where were you travelling from?

If that was a domestic, you could have driven from almost anywhere in the UK to Birmingham in that time!

• I’ve used FlyBe out of SOU maybe 4 or 5 times in the last 18 months, never had a delay more than 30mins. Never had a cancellation. I guess I’m just lucky?

2. OT Urgent help please
    I made hotel bookings using the 90,000 Iberia Avios. I’m trying to check in now with the Iberia hotel voucher, but the hotel doesn’t recognise the booking and asked me to contact Iberia!
    Background: a few month ago, Iberia changed my original booking (Hotel A) to a different hotel (Hotel B) as they claimed that hotel A is closed (although not true – another story). Anyway, I’ve just made three international calls to Iberia Plus, but they are now saying they can only see my original booking (Hotel A) which their hotel team claimed is closed a few month ago via email. I’ve now paid cash at Hotel B for 1 night (the booking is for 5 nights). Hotel A is still open but when I rang them they didn’t have my bookings either.
    Any advice on what I should do now? All suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

• Have you not got an email showing the change to the booking from Hotel A to Hotel B?

• Yes I have the confirmation email also the Hotel B pre-paid voucher, but the Iberia plus agent said he can’t see the change in his system while the hotel B Receptionist can’t find my booking!! I’ve now made 4 costly international calls to Iberia but to no avail! Shocking Iberia customer service.

• Also you don’t mention what Iberia team is now saying about Hotel A?

• The problem is that the phone agent insists that the booking is with hotel A, but the change is via email. It seems that the two teams (phone/email) don’t talk to each other. I’ve now emailed them

• Sorry to hear that. In any case, if it doesn’t get resolved by the time you check out, you might be able to fight Iberia to reimburse you.

• Reeferman says:

Leigh
      I’ve just returned from a USA trip where I used several hotels that were booked thru’ the Iberia Avios promotion.
      On 2 occasions, the hotel changed my booking to another hotel (one from “Holiday Inn” to “Holiday Inn Express” about 3 minutes drive away and the other from “Westin” to “Elements” – part of the same hotel, apparently but a different check-in etc)
      Both times, there was no reference to an Iberia booking – but instead to bookings through Expedia and Booking.com. Seems the hotels only know of this – the Iberia bit is unknown to them (one had no idea who or what Iberia was!!).
      Might be worth checking with them again – in case your name/booking appears through Expedia or Booking.com?
      Good luck

• Many thanks Reeferman. I’ll try your suggestion now. What concerns me is that there are no bookings under my name at all and it seems that all booked guests have now checked in (according to the receptionist).

• Thank you so much for the information Reeferman! The hotel receptionist phoned her manager (who is out of office at the moment) to check Expedia booking and it appears that our names are in his guests list. The manager will be back tomorrow to contact Expedia about the booking (he didn’t give a reason why he needs to contact Expedia if the booking is confirmed). Thanks again!

• Doug M says:

I used the 90K Iberia Avios for two hotel bookings. The one in Barcelona took ages to check-in, from memory something like 30 minutes, the reception were on the phone to their head office for most of this time. The second one was for a Novotel in Berlin this last weekend which was fine.

3. Anyone having problems paying IHG card with Revolut? It has been working fine previously but the last couple of days I’m getting payment not successfull errors.

4. I know WT redemptions are poor, but never knew they were *this* bad. I’ve just found a return to NYC at Christmas for 40,000 avios + £374. The same flight on the BA website (with luggage) is £407. Considering you can get £40 off for 5,200 avios, this is quite a terrible deal…

V similar on Virgin

• Fuel surcharges are a rip off. Use a few Avios to reduce the price. You will earn a few more Avios and TP.

• Doug M says:

How much is the flexible WT ticket which would be the proper comparison?

• TGLoyalty says:

Exactly. That’s one reason you would use Avios vs cash or at last min when cash is sky high.

5. “If you used to stay in a W hotel but can’t stand the pace any longer, EDITION is for you.”

I don’t understand this sentence. Is everyone in a W hotel always in a rush to get somewhere? Are Editions famously relaxed?

• TGLoyalty says:

they’re a bit louder and more in your face.

FYI one of the best W around is in Doha

6. Mikeact says:

Attention all Tesco Rocket SIM users. For those who have purchased, there is confusion re cancellation, if you do not, you will be charged for another month. From Tesco :

‘ You can cancel your Rocket Pack by texting STOPROCKET to 28948 free or by calling 282 free from your Tesco Mobile phone. Make sure you cancel it 48 hours before you renewal date, otherwise the cost of the Rocket Pack may be automatically taken from your credit.’

We have been warned.

• ‘9. Your Rocket Pack will automatically renew each month (‘Renewal Date’) until: (i) you opt-out of the Rocket Pack (this must be done before your Renewal Date); or (ii) you do not have enough credit on your account to buy the Rocket pack.’

The last line of your quote and 9(ii) above says to me we don’t need to do anything. If there is no credit in your account the Rocket Pack cannot auto-renew.

• Shoestring says:

yep it’s not a particularly onerous contract – they won’t come chasing you for the money if you neglect to cancel

• Just caught your reply on previous page, thanks.

7. Waddle says: