If you don’t have airport lounge access via your flight ticket, your elite status, via a Priority Pass card from American Express Platinum or via a Lounge Club card from American Express Gold, your best fall-back option is usually No 1 Lounges.
No 1 Lounges is the largest network of premium independent lounges in the UK. We have reviewed most of them (click for the review):
- No 1 Lounge Heathrow Terminal 3
- No 1 Lounge Gatwick North
- My Lounge Gatwick North and #2
- No 1 Clubrooms Gatwick North
- No 1 Lounge Gatwick South
- No 1 Clubrooms Gatwick South
- No 1 Lounge Birmingham
- No 1 Clubrooms Birmingham
- No 1 Lounge Edinburgh (not reviewed since relocated)
- The House Heathrow Terminal 4
All lounges include free hot food, free drinks (some premium food and drinks carries an extra charge), free newspapers and magazines and free wi-fi.
moneysavingexpert.com is running an exclusive discount code for No 1 Lounges. Here is the pricing, which will vary based on the date and time you want to visit:
- Birmingham – £16.80 to £22.40 (was £28) PLUS free fast-track security
- Birmingham Clubrooms – £20.40 to £27.20 (was £34) PLUS free fast-track security
- Edinburgh – £16.80 to £22.40 (was £28) PLUS free fast-track security
- Gatwick North and South – £14.40 to £30.40 (was £24 – 40) depending on lounge PLUS free fast-track security. It is MyLounge which gets as low as £14.40.
- Heathrow Terminal 3 – £20.40 to £27.20 (was £34)
- Heathrow Terminal 4 – £27 to £32 (was £40)
This offer must be booked by midnight on 14th April, for lounge visits up to 30th June.
You must book via this special page of the No 1 site and use code MSESPRING at check-out.
How to get FREE airport lounge access via UK credit cards (January 2021)
As a reminder, here are the three options to get FREE airport lounge access via a credit or charge card:
The Platinum Card from American Express comes with two free Priority Pass cards, one for you and one for a supplementary cardholder. Each card admits two so a family of four gets in free. You get access to all 1,300 lounges in the Priority Pass network – search it here.
The Lounge Club list is slightly shorter than the Priority Pass list. Additional visits are charged at £20. You get two more free visits for every year you keep the card. There is no annual fee in Year 1 and a 20,000 points sign-up bonus. Full details are in our American Express Preferred Rewards Gold review here.
HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard gets you get a free LoungeKey card, allowing you access to the LoungeKey network. Guests are charged at £20 although it may be cheaper to pay £60 for a supplementary credit card for your partner.
The card has a fee of £195 and there are strict financial requirements to become a HSBC Premier customer. Full details are in my HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard review.
PS. You can find all of HfP’s UK airport lounge reviews – and we’ve been to most of them – indexed here.