Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Special British Airways gifts if you have flown to the moon!

British Airways is sending out a special gift to Executive Club members who have ‘flown it to the moon and back’.

Some members who have flown more than 477,710 miles on British Airways over the lifetime of their Executive Club account are being sent this celebration box of cheeses.

British Airways fly me to the moon and back

It is all part of BA’s 100th birthday celebrations.  Just in case you thought that BA was simply doing this as a PR gesture, this has not been publicised at all and I only know about because a reader sent me a copy of the letter he received.

Comments (99)

• callum says:

Of course it’s a PR gesture. They’ve got an article about it on a major frequent flyer blog, they have Instagram/Facebook etc. posts about how generous they are (which will no doubt be seen by numerous frequent traveler friends) and they may eventually publicly mention this (something along the lines of “this year to celebrate our 100th anniversary we’ve done X, Y, Z and given out nice hampers).

It certainly doesn’t stop it being a good thing, but capitalist multinational corporations do not just do things to be nice!

• IanMac says:

1,321,809 and no cheese (yet)

• Callum says:

That’s always the downside for this kind of thing – people who don’t get it get irritated!

• ADS says:

quite clever – even though i don’t come close !

now if they did something to celebrate their Mach 2.2 customers … that would be even better !!

• Nick says:

So, the one time I’ve wanted to check ‘My Flightpath’ in over a year, as I know I’d be close, it’s currently showing as ‘Null Miles Flown’. Great! 🙂

• Keith Young says:

1.4 million miles flown, No cheesy letter!

• David Gillan says:

883601 miles for me and no cheese. I wonder how they decide?

• meta says:

O/T I know it’s been said here that points stays count for Hilton Diamond status, but my stay from a week ago on points (points posted and it’s showing as past stay) isn’t showing on the tracker page. Anyone else experienced this?

• Qwerty Bertie says:

OT: I was wondering if anybody reading still holds one of the US-issued Amex cards with no fx fees, but after having moved some time ago to another country with a different currency? If so, has US Amex queried your card mostly being used abroad?

• Andrew says:

OT – I have a “receive 500 Avios when you spend £500” on my BAPP. Interestingly this is valid up to three times at “a combination of retailers” – BA, BA Holidays, Marriott (in Europe), Avis and HEX.

• LB says:

I have “spend £3000 and receive 3000 avios. Not the greatest incentive…

• Anna says:

Thanks, just checked and OH has got it. We have got a 2 4 1 booking coming up this weekend plus the balance on a BA holiday to pay so will take advantage of this.

• Liam says:

OT — I am likely moving from the UK to the US later in the year, for at least a couple of years. Obviously I will have no credit history there but is there a way of getting an Amex in the US based on my UK account history?