BA sale

Special BA gifts if you have flown to the moon!

British Airways is sending out a special gift to Executive Club members who have ‘flown it to the moon and back’.

Some members who have flown more than 477,710 miles on British Airways over the lifetime of their Executive Club account are being sent this celebration box of cheeses.

British Airways fly me to the moon and back

It is all part of BA’s 100th birthday celebrations.  Just in case you thought that BA was simply doing this as a PR gesture, this has not been publicised at all and I only know about because a reader sent me a copy of the letter he received.

Earn up to QUADRUPLE Avios with Accor - up to 10 Avios per €1 spent!
Top 10 reasons to get the Virgin Atlantic Reward Mastercard credit card

Head for Points is sponsored by:

Magazine montage

Up to 30% off in Hilton's Winter Sale

Click here to find out more and book

Comments

1. Talking of points *cough pending OT* Loyalty lobby have just tweeted that Iberia are running a 50% purchase lift for avios. Seems like a good deal for those that can make it work. Is it worth waiting for a better offer or is this as good as it usually gets anyone know?

• You’re looking at paying 1.1-1.2p per Avios but it’s a low hassle route to it. IMO if you have a specific redemption in mind then well worth considering, otherwise I would pass.

2. OT:
    The amazon Amex membership rewards discount code seems to be working

AMEX25OFF

Min spend £40, needs to be part paid with MR points. Works if used the previous code.

• Just used it (again), thank you!

• rams1981 says:

Thanks. Just worked for me

• Mr Dee says:

Thanks worth noting Amazon shipped items only no third party good including Fulfilled by Amazon sellers

• Shoestring says:

Worked great – £25 off £40 for some cheap cat food 🙂

And yes – I used all the codes before 🙂

• Shoestring says:

and again on another a/c – free £25 cat food – damn black cat 🙂

• Shoestring says:

and again – more cat food 🙂

£25 off again

• Lady London says:

Your cat must feel really used by now Shoestring.

• Shoestring says:

ha ha! another £25 off! 🙂

more cat food plus something I needed lol 🙂

£100 off thanks to Amex Gold card

I can’t do the other 2 a/cs just yet as am abroad and it’s a bit tricky, you don’t need the detail

• Shoestring says:

@Lady London – well I lost out on a vote of 4 to 1 – so damn black cat we got – doesn’t mean I like it or have to pay more for its damn black cat food than strictly necessary 🙂

• Shoestring says:

that’s £100 of the Gold card fee paid, with another £50 to come with any luck – which is £10 more than £140 by my reckoning 🙂

• Shoestring says:

If Raffles HfP wants to run it, would combine with £5 off £25 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/BIT/aapromo/ref=bit_v2_a0051

So you’d get £30 off £40 🙂

It’s an Amex promotion ffs!

3. Gordon says:

According to “My Flight path” page on my Exec Club account I’ve been to the moon 4.1 times and am just short of 1 million miles flown. No gifts for me though! 😪
    Would be interested to know what other criteria they apply.

• Martin Clark says:

Hmm. I’ve flown 905, 353 miles (3.7 x to the moon) and like you have received nothing. As a Gold member I wonder why I haven’t had the hamper – what more do they want me to do?

• Mikeact says:

Actual Miles ? Or boosted by promotions or Class flown ? Big difference.

• Me too. Like you I have flown 1million miles in the past. Typically had 2500 to 3500 tier points per year in last 5 years so clearly this doesn’t combine with the 1 million to qualify me. However, if the cheese matches the quality of the food and wine they have served in the last year, we are not missing much.

4. Matt B says:

OT – not sure if this is common knowledge, but my wife used her Mbna horizon card to withdraw cash in the US yesterday. It happened to be a Bank of America machine and she wasn’t charged a fee, so no ATM or cash advance fees for the transaction. I used it just before her with my santander zero and was charged $3. I assume as Mbna used to be owned by BofA there is a flag which hasn’t been taken away. Somewhat strangely she wasn’t even asked if you wanted to convert upfront which I always get using my card abroad. Going to come in handy in Vegas where fees on the strip are up to $10 per transaction.

• Nice perk. It’s annoying you always pay a fee withdrawing cash from ATMs in the US.

• Pangolin says:

I’ve never been charged fees for using my MBNA Horizon card, even at the dreaded Euronet ATMs. The fact that it has 0% FX charge means that it is one of the best cards for travelling.

5. Michael says:

OT: Any idea how to find out how far away i am from my virgin CC 241/premium upgrade voucher?

6. Benylin says:

OT: Looking to go Maldives Mar-2020 via redemption. Cash tickets (because so early I guess) for economy are pricing at £650 ish via Emirates. Any suggestions for alternative/cheaper so that I can do a stopover. I guess could ticket separately as well.

• I saw some ridiculously cheap flights to maldives from europe on secretflying.com . The dates may not work for you though.

• Im my experience EK flights to Maldives have always been around the £600 mark for conveniently timed flights. Maybe worth checking Sri Lankan as an alternative?

You mention redemption and economy in the same breath, those two words dont go together right? what am I missing?

7. Probably part of the reason Amex have suddenly cut their bonuses.

8. ‘re BA gifts article. I’ve flown 1764677 miles with BA, and haven’t recieved a gift, presume its because I am retired and only fly rarely with them now