BA sale

Get triple Accor points on your next stay

Accor (Novotel, Mercure, Ibis, Sofitel etc) has launched a new promotion offering TRIPLE base points on your next stay.

You need to register via this page of the Accor website.  Once you’ve done that, you will earn triple base points on your next booking.  This is a one-off deal so you may want to time your registration if you have both cheap and expensive stays planned.

Take careful note of the dates:

Triple Accor points

You MUST register before booking via the link you will find here

You book between 23rd June and 31st July

You stay between 15th July and 15th September (no minimum stay requirement)

Your booking can be in any country but this offer is only valid for residents of selected countries – the UK is included, but many other places are not

There is no minmum stay requirement – even 1 night stays are OK

You can find out more details and register here.

ENDS SUNDAY: Get 12,000 to 30,000 sign-up miles with the Virgin Atlantic credit cards!
How to get a Stansted Express First Class upgrade for just £5!

Head for Points is sponsored by:

Magazine montage

Up to 30% off in Hilton's Winter Sale

Click here to find out more and book

Comments

1. OT — I have a balance transfer offer on my Lloyds Mastercard: 4.9% interest over 36 months with a 0% fee. Am I right in assuming that if I transfer, say, my Virgin Atlantic credit card balance and pay it off immediately, I’ll pay no interest but will earn Avios on that balance at the usual Lloyds rate (is that 0.4 Avios per £1 now)?

• Charlieface says:

Yes people have been doing this. Even better if you have free cash withdrawals on another credit card, like Halifax Clarity, use that to run up balances, then pay off Lloyds with the cash.

• Mark2 says:

Thanks for the reminder; I have tried it on my card which has changed to new rules. Can anyone remember please whether you get points if you do this on the old card (my wife’s has no yet changed).

2. laura baden-powell says:

OT, is this a good deal? Spend £335+ on 20k avios, get 10,000 Bonus Avios

Avios

on my premium plus today

• Waddle says:

With the included 502 Avios you get from spend it works out at 1.09 Avios per £. Then it is down to whether you are a buyer of Avios at this rate.

• laura baden-powell says:

okay great thanks, can afford it and it’s for a redemption 🙂

• And if you pay with a BAPP card I think you will earn 1,005 avios not 502 as you get 3 points per £ spent with BA.

• I would go for this for a redemption on an otherwise very expensive cash ticket, however I want to hold off triggering my 2 4 1 till the autumn (I am getting too good at this lark and don’t need any more vouchers till 2021!). However, BA may well have another 50% extra offer on their website at some point, which would equate to the same thing.

3. Michael says:

Just self refereed from Gold to Green card – it worked and I’ve been approved. I’m going to cancel my gold soon as I really don’t need it and just want to keep my MR alive. Will i get a referral bonus?

4. Gringo says:

OT – so can someone once and for all explain what is better when booking the 2nd leg of a 241 redemption:

1) Call BA at midnight to add the return leg to your outbound booking, but risk in the time it takes for someone to book it online
    2) Book return leg online at midnight, then call up the next day to amalgamate the bookings and get 50% avios back (assuming you have enough avios to do this), but potentially pay more on fees?

Thanks!

• If you are booking soon it is 1am BST, not midnight. I’m opting for the online booking call later option.

• Also bear in mind that Sunday-Thursday you can call the Japan number as well but on a Friday night it’s closed as it’s already the weekend there.

• It depends where you’re going, it’s not always more in fees for the return journey. On our return from GCM next Easter the difference in surcharges was no minimal I just booked at 1 am and then rang up to get the avios returned in the morning.

• Genghis says:

My last booking, I called the US at 11.45pm but was still on hold at 11.59pm so back up plan was to make the booking online (as normal). Called up in the morning fine and was told that the new procedure is to only refund the avios (i.e. and not recalculate taxes – fine for me as the difference was only a few quid). So great for HKG (but they’d do that anyway if encouraged), not so good for ex-US…

5. Dwadda says:

Accor Promotion: as this is for triple base points, and staus is based on base points, does this mean you also get triple status points?

6. Relaxo says:

OT- Cricket WC Emirates miles redemptions.
    Can someone report back on the process for collecting tickets pls. Ive only got the confirmation email from Emirates when I booked. Nothing else. The game is next week.

7. Maciek says:

OT- Billhop – can I pay my solicitor fees and/or stamp duty using this service?

• Don’t see why not.

• Maciek says:

My concern is that the solicitor may not be too happy to see the incoming payment coming from billhop rather than an individual they are dealing with. Should I not worry?

• Doubt it matters as long as you tell them. They may have money laundering concerns but you can easily shows the trail of funds.

• I’ve recently had an issue with EDF energy were a Bilhop payment went into a suspense account. My fault as missed a digit from the reference number. Anyway they couldn’t locate it as they don’t have the tools set up to identify payments unless they’re the usual suspects i.e. DD, cash, bank transfers etc. Of course arrears notices were then being issued and I was getting a little worried it may hit my credit file. Bilhop were very good about it and sent them all the transfer details but it still took over a month to locate.

• stevenhp1987 says:

@russ… But EDF accept Amex directly, why would you pay the extra 3% charge for billhop when you don’t have to?!?

• @stevenhp1987, EDF said they only accept Amex on a business tariff and this was my home bill.

8. Shoestring says:

Re Amazon AMEX25OFF – my new Gold card can now be used for Amex points purchase at Amazon, which means anybody in the same position as I am could get £25 off £40 with the code – new users only, it seems (not me, then).

I added my new card details to Amazon (as a payment card) about 5 days ago & bought a £2 packet of seeds thru Amazon using my new Gold card, which may have helped Amazon recognise the card. I couldn’t enrol the card at that time.

So if you never used AMEX25OFF before, give it a try – put 2x Auchentoshan American Oak Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 70 cl (sold by Amazon) in your basket, choose to pay with Amex, use at least 2 MR points, pay the rest with Amex, use the code – and see if you’re eligible.