Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Here is the British Airways Tom Kerridge food and drink menu in full

Yesterday we mentioned the new Tom Kerridge designed menus which British Airways will be offering in all cabins on long-haul routes during August.  This is part of the #BA100 centenary events.

Someone posted the menu in the comments yesterday.  This is what you can expect:

First Class

• Loch Fyne smoked salmon tartare with smoked mayonnaise, seeded cracker and quails egg
  • Fillet of halibut with roasted cucumber, girolle mushrooms, salad cream, accompanied by a classic Caesar Salad with sourdough croutons and pickled anchovies
  • Milk chocolate and amaretto tart with salted caramel and white chocolate sauce

British Airways Tom Kerridge menu

Club World

• Severn and Wye smoked salmon with asparagus and gribiche dressing
  • Roasted breast of corn-fed chicken with braised pearl barley risotto and wild garlic
  • Chocolate and amaretto tart with salted caramel sauce

World Traveller Plus

• Salad Dorset Blue Vinny cheese, celery, grapes and sunflower seeds
  • Chocolate and amaretto tart, coffee and mascarpone cream

World Traveller

• Gourmet smoked chicken stew with a variety of summer vegetables (starter and dessert are unchanged)

Apparently this menu can be at least partially pre-ordered – ignore what BA told us

Comments (71)

• Cal says:

OT – Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels/BnBs in Jersey? Anyone stayed in the Premier Inn?

Looking to go in September with family and I’m paying for everything…

• My partner and I stayed at a “mystery” hotel exactly 10 years ago, in July 2009. We guessed pretty quickly from the description that it was The Merton. A bit too big and noisy but with brilliant water park and £18 (then) unlimited dinner buffet

• Michael says:

OT:

Had a dispute with a subscription service that charged me even though I had cancelled the service.

They didn’t respond to my emails.

Called my bank and they did a visa charge back. My bank put the funds into my account instantly.

However, this morning (a couple of weeks after the bank gave me the money) the company have out of the blue refunded me.

So I now have a refund from the company and a charge back from my bank.

Who do I contact? Do I give the bank or the company there money back?

• journeyingjohn says:

This assumes BA bother to load enough meals for all passengers, not a common occurrence

• Dev says:

On a recent BA F flight out of LHR 3 weeks ago, they only had one choice of main course available! There were 6 passengers in total in the B787-9 F cabin, a family of 4 had pre ordered their main courses, the other 2 passengers could only have the chicken dish.
      The wonders of BA F never cease to amaze me! It will be EK or SQ next month I think.

• Michael says:

Anyone booked an airbnb through the BA offer to get 3 avios/£ spent? Followed the steps, do you get a notification to say if it’s been tracked? and how long do the avios take to post, it says up to 60 days but practically expecting it to be quicker than that.

• Graeme says:

OT – Seatfrog. Those who have been successful or regularly use it, when have you found the best time to bid to be? I’m inclined to wait until I’m on my way to the station.

• Dr Tom says:

Seatfrog – about 15 minutes before the closing time. Usually then, it will just confirm the upgrade straight away (and whatever the current top price is). Earlier and you just push the price up for no reason, particularly if someone is competing with you.

• Graeme says:

That’s brilliant, thanks Doc.

• soloflyer1977 says:

I used Seat Frog for the first time last Friday. 6pm Friday train to the NE England with LNER.
          Initially put a bid in at £18 at around lunchtme. Got rejected at 2pm. Increased offer to £25 and immediately upgrade got accepted at £23.
          Bargain with access to lounge and food and drinks onboard.

• Spaghetti Town says:

OT: I’ve now got a green and a gold linked to the same MR Balance – can I safely cancel the gold and proceed with the green?

• Harry T says:

OT:
    Monese have given me three months free on their Premium Plan – anyone had success topping up Monese at Post Office or PayPoint with Amex?

It says you can top up with cash at both, but I know people have paid council tax with Amex at PayPoint.

• Mark2 says:

Did that just appear on the app or did you get a code?
      Yes, yes but be sensible.

• Harry T says:

They sent a notification to me with a code (from the app).

Thanks, I will try with a few hundred pounds.

• Lee says:

OT- has anyone recently used MR account? All my AMEX Avios, Plat MR accounts were not working since last week. You could see the balance, but once you click the points details it crashed.