Virgin Atlantic is closing the spa in the Heathrow Revivals Lounge

Virgin Atlantic‘s arrivals lounge at Heathrow Terminal 3 – which it calls the Revivals Lounge, and which is shared with Delta Air Lines passengers – is having a refurbishment, starting on 12th August.

Unfortunately, as part of the work, the spa treatment room is being removed.  Instead, Virgin Atlantic will be taking over the space to add an extra two shower rooms, taking the total from 18 to 20.

There is no change to the spa service at the Heathrow, Gatwick and New York JFK departure Clubhouses.

Virgin’s website for the Revivals Lounge at Heathrow T3 is here.  Our last review of the Virgin Revivals arrival lounge is here.  In general, it is a surprisingly small space compared to the British Airways facility in Terminal 5 but it does the job!

Virgin Atlantic closing spa in its arrivals lounge

How to earn Virgin Atlantic miles from UK credit cards

As a reminder, there are various ways of earning Virgin Flying Club miles from UK credit cards.  Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses!

Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which earn Virgin Flying Club miles.  That page is regularly updated with the latest special offers and will still be accurate even if you are reading this article months after publication.

You'll (very) soon be able to redeem Virgin miles on Air France KLM as the US Government approves JV
See comedians and concerts with IHG Rewards Club Access

Comments

1. OT – Any data points for how long the AMEX referral points posted recently?
    Always posted same day of receiving card in past few years. However, new card received yesterday and still no sign of referral points this time.

• Roberto says:

I did a couple of referals last week. On one the card arrived and so did the points, the other 12k points are yet to post..

2. Spurs Debs says:

O/T …. I’ve booked a fare today and I’m sure it’s wrong in my favour, if it is wrong can BA cancel ticket? I’ve been issued ticket, money and points taken and I’ve chosen my seats. LHR to DXB
    Prem economy return, fare £239 taxes/fees £535 total £774.
    Upgraded to club world both ways.

• Which bit looks wrong to you? £774 for PE return to DXB is certainly a legitimate fare.

In any case, if its been ticketed, and any error is not spotted in the first 24 hours then BA will almost certainly let it slip – provided the rest of the internet does not pile in on the error fare.

• bsuije says:

I’m no expert, but the split between fare and taxes doesn’t look too odd to me; I think it’s commonly expected that airlines make more money on the taxes / fees / surcharges than on the actual fare.

I would concentrate on the total price. £774 PE to Dubai doesn’t seem extraordinary, though it might be, if it’s a busy period (e.g. Xmas). Otherwise, a quick Google Flights search suggests that you can get a return PE ticket with Lufthansa for £453 on 11-18 Sep or £648 with BA on 1-8 Nov….

• Lady London says:

So @Spurs Debs given @bsuije prices quoted, why are you giving British Airways more money than each of 2 other cash fares available, on top of giving BA loads of Avios as well?

Or have I missed something?
        Also wouldn’t you actually earn some miles of some sort on those cash fares rather than spending anything?

3. Ricardo says:

OT – HSBC Premier points

Data point: I decided to take advantage of the 25% bonus offer for converting to Avios that was announced at the start of the month. I’ve transferred before so was already fully set up in HSBC’s systems.

Initiated the transfer on Wednesday afternoon and the points (both the regular and bonus ones) arrived today, so less than 48 hours. Thought it helpful to share in case anyone is looking at transferring to use quickly, as the Ts&Cs suggested the bonus element would take 14 days.

• iamfugly says:

Hi, can I ask; did you get an email on this or does it state the 25% bonus on your Rewards for Miles webpage?
      I had a look at taking advantage of the bonus but there was no mention of the bonus on my card home page, nor on the Premier Rewards for Miles webpage used to redeem points to airline programmes.
      Thanks in advance

• Ricardo says:

No email. It showed in that little box at the bottom of the main My Accounts page which normally shows mortgage or other offers. If you click refresh several times it will cycle through the various adverts/announcements – I managed to bring it up again doing just that.

There’s a Redeem button which takes you to the normal points page and a Find Out More one which links to the terms here https://www.hsbc.co.uk/content/dam/hsbc/gb/pdf/cc-avios-offer.pdf

Hope that helps!

4. OT – can anyone advise re lounge access at LAX please? Due to fly back in a little over 24 hours on VS from Terminal 2. Have Priority Pass (from Amex Plat), but the app isn’t showing any lounges in T2. Just the Alaska Lounge in T6 and the KAL lounge in the “Tom Bradley International Terminal”.

Does anyone know if there are any other lounges in T2 which I can access with my Plat card (family of 4, but with my wife’s supp Card plus 2 x IDCs actually have 4 cards I could show), or alternatively have a view on the 2 PP lounges, specifically how long it takes to get there (and more importantly back). I don’t have status, and am only flying in Y.

• Just checked the Priority Pass web-site which shows only one lounge in Terminal 2 – Virgin Atlantic Club Lounge BUT only from 5am to 11:30 am daily so maybe that is before they expect V.A. passengers to show up. Max 3 hour stay, children under 5 free.

No idea if you can get from T2 to T6 airside. I think the international terminal is in between them. You CAN walk between the International and T4 (American Airlines) airside, takes about 10 minutes if that is any guideline. Can probably continue from T4 to T6. But this may not be accessible from T2, and probably quite a long walk if it is in fact possible.

The KAL lounge in International would probably be closer to T2 but again don’t know if there is access airside between the two. Open 1pm to 7pm.

As you probably know, LAX is shaped like a horseshoe, with International at the top, and I imagine T2 and T6 are on opposite sides.

• Sorry, should add that I don’t know anything about any actual Amex lounges. Hopefully someone else does.

• All terminals at LAX are connected airside so you can use any PP lounge, but there are long walks around the horseshoe so you’ll have to decide whether it’s worth it.

• Thanks Nick – good to know that I can walk airside between all the terminals. If I end up going to the KAL lounge I’ll post here what the walk was.

• Thanks Lyn. I’ve not been to LAX before, but can see the layout of the terminals from the map – it wasn’t clear to me which were international or domestic terminals, so wasn’t sure as to which I could easily get to. I won’t get airside until well after access to the Clubhouse lounge closes, so it seems as if PP members are very poorly served there. Might try the KAL lounge if the trek to that terminal doesn’t take too long.

5. Shoestring says:

Don’t want to speak too soon but my wife’s BA flight on 23rd (+2 kids) looks safe from strikes – 9th Aug + 14 = 23, so the earliest BA pilots can strike now is 24th

6. OT car rental question – I know Hertz and Europcar do one way rentals for £1 for repositioning vehicles to major airports, but has anyone heard of or used DriiveMe.co.uk – which seems to be a platform to facilitate this?

• Shoestring says:

seen it mentioned, site definitely offers Hertz £1 bookings but can’t see any Europcar

worth a look as it opens up Hertz £1 bookings way into the future whereas the Hertzone site is more limited in dates

btw using Hertzone £1 booking last month was painless & a good experience, so I recommend it – though I was careful to examine the car carefully and get the ‘no further damage’ confirmation and my invoice printed off at Heathrow to try to limit their opportunity for charging funnies later (plus had independent excess insurance)