Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Redeem a lot of Hilton Honors points for a McLaren track day

If you are keen on fast cars, Hilton Honors and McLaren have got together to organise another exceptional track day.

This is what you get:

Here’s your chance to score the ultimate McLaren track day experience at the famous Dunsfold Circuit.  You and a guest will have the opportunity to experience the full capabilities of a McLaren road car, combined with the highest standard of hospitality.

Dunsfold Circuit is designed to deliver a fun mix of low and high-speed corners as well as a series of straights, offering the optimal track for this McLaren track day experience.

This experience for two (2) includes:

Opportunity to drive both a McLaren 570S and 720S alongside professionally qualified driving coaches

Hot Lap, where the driving coach will take the wheel and show you how to maximize car performance around the track

VIP hospitality throughout the day, including lunch

Please note this package does not include rail, airfare or hotel accommodations. Must be 25+ years of age and have valid international driving license.

If you know anything about performance cars you’ll know what an opportunity this is.  If you don’t, it’s not for you anyway!  The date is 24th October.

Last year this was a ‘buy it now’ deal for 275,000 Hilton Honors points.  This year it is being auctioned, and by coincidence the price is currently 275,000 points but could obviously go higher.

It isn’t cheap – based on my 0.33p per point valuation, you are ‘paying’ close to £900 at the current bid – but it would be an amazing day out.  You can bid here.

Hilton Honors Auctions McLaren track day

How to earn Hilton Honors points via UK credit cards

As a reminder, there are various ways of earning Hilton Honors points from UK credit cards.  Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses!

Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which earn Hilton Honors points.

Comments (122)

• John says:

Did anyone invest in curve? I put a tenner in (using curve obviously) but crowdcube hasn’t taken any money yet. I did get a declined transaction of £1 at the time I clicked invest, but my account shows the investment in my portfolio

• Titus Adduxas says:

I had no joy putting the money in just after the opening time and gave up. However I did manage to get £500 invested in the afternoon just before they got to the revised £6m target. The money was taken within a couple of days though and my Crowdcube account shows it as an investment funded on 3rd September.

• Mikeact says:

My miniscule £10.

• LewisB says:

I threw £200 in and it’s yet to be taken out of my account. Still pending on my portfolio on crowdcube.

• Iain says:

Careful with Europecar and it’s subsidiaries particularly Goldcar and Interent. See Which survey (nearly 50% complaint rate) and also Tripadvisor. I had appalling service at Palma airport and watched close hand their attempt s to make you take their insurance

• Shoestring says:

yep Goldcar come in for a lot of criticism – but Europcar UK are fine provided you do the obvious things, ie take photos of the outside of the car before the rental, including all damage; make sure all damage is listed in detail on your contract; get the drop-off station agent to write ‘no further damage’ on your contract and issue the final invoice at the drop-off station; take out cheap excess insurance from an alternative to Europcar’s excess waiver policy (which you decline), I use Insurance4CarHire @ around £4/ day.

• Mikeact says:

Me too, yet to encounter any problems and we rent..a lot.

• Lady London says:

Depending on your route for insurance4carhire I’d also warmly recommend Bettersafe. Questor also cover some non-car vehicles. Both have been good to deal with on occasions with queries.

• RussellH says:

Did a £1 car hire with Europcar 2 years ago – Carlisle – LTN and no problems at all, even though we got to LTN late because of traffic problems (we did warn them).

But I would not touch Goldcar – unless perhaps if they paid me €1000 cash in hand to pick the car up (after paying me) and even then I would be very careful.

• Shoestring says:

Europcar Newquay Airport is just down the road so the £1 rentals are convenient & a cheap alternative to airport parking for my car, esp Xmas, Easter, summer hols when my wife can’t make the full holiday (joining us later) but we all pile into her car on the way home from LHR.

• Lady London says:

There seem to be much more horror stories about Goldcar than about Ryanair which is suite an achievement.

• Charlieface says:

In my experience after about 15 rentals with Europcar and feedback from people I sent there is they don’t play too many games with damage these days after they got in trouble about it. What I found is they are very ungenerous about everything.
      E.g.
      I have not a single report of an upgrade in all of those rentals, that includes the fact I am Executive and should get one where available.
      They class a Vauxhall Mokka as Intermediate, every other company classes it as Compact.
      They once identity checked me because I last rented more than 3 months before, notwithstanding my membership and status, that failed, then they demanded proof of address and wouldn’t accept it emailed from my wife who had to then come out to the station.
      The free weekend voucher email link didn’t work, CS wouldn’t help and I had to email the CEO to get a response.
      I wanted to extend the free weekend by paying for the extra days, the T&C say you can do this but it’s not actually possible, I’d have to make a fresh booking. The office wouldn’t help by just closing off the 1st rental and opening the 2nd, they said I need to come to office and because it would be Sunday I’d have to pay 2x out-of-hours charge. In the end I went to the airport which is open on Sunday.
      Europcar points to Accor and Flying Blue never credit, no matter how many times CS insist they have done it manually.

• Tariq says:

Came across this £1 car hire deal gateway the other day but it’s failed on the two occasions that I’ve tried it so feeling like it’s a bit of a con… https://www.driiveme.co.uk/ – anyone had success with it?

• Roberto says:

Anybody see any offer on Amex online that clearly shows the extra Hilton point when converting membership rewards ?

Rob mentioned it the other day but when I look to transfer it offers 1 MR = 2 HILTON not 3.

• Shoestring says:

Start enjoying the benefits at Hilton
      Between 11 September and 31 October 2019, you can enjoy 3 Hilton Honors Points for each Membership Rewards point, when you transfer 1,000 or more. That’s 50% higher than the usual rate for transfers.

Please note that your points will be transferred to your Hilton Honors account within five working days and your additional Bonus Points can take up to eight weeks to transfer. Terms and Conditions apply.

Terms and Conditions

1. Minimum transfer is 1,000 Membership Rewards points. Redeem for this exclusive offer from 12:00am BST on 11 September 2019 to 11:59pm on 31 October 2019. Please note that your points will be transferred to your Hilton Honors account within 5 working days. Please allow up to eight weeks for the additional Hilton Honors Bonus Points to be awarded. Hilton Honors Bonus Points do not count towards elite tier qualification. You must be enrolled in Hilton Honors in order to participate in this offer, visit americanexpress.co.uk/benefitstatus to enroll. American Express is not responsible for availability, accommodations or any other rewards in the Hilton Honors program. Once you have transferred Membership Rewards points, they become subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Hilton Honors programme and cannot be transferred back to your Membership Rewards programme account. All Hampton by Hilton™ hotels in the Republic of China are excluded from the Hilton Honors programme. See Hilton Honors Terms and Conditions for details. This offer is non-transferable and may not be combined with other offers. American Express in its sole discretion reserves the right to alter and or terminate these offers at any time. To be eligible to receive these offers, all Card accounts linked to an enrollee’s Membership Rewards programme account must not be canceled, past due or have a return payment at the time of point redemption.

• Roberto says:

Thanks Harry..

Was that an email or online somewhere? I cant see it myself and wondering if the offer was targeted..

• Shoestring says:

note the ‘non transferable’ bit – may or may not be accurate/ targeted

going thru the link it now takes me to the standard 1:2 page with no mention of the 1:3, so if I were transferring MR points, I’d screenshot my offer

• Roberto says:

Thanks again.
            Your comments echo my thoughts. I did see it advertised at 1:3 on the transfer page on day one of the promo but that has been rolled back to the standard 1:2 offer.
            I will speak to amex for clarification before jumping in.

• Dave says:

OT: I’m struggling a bit to interpret the Amex Platinum rules for travel insurance. We’re looking at a very flexible trip through SE Asia and while I expect we’ll remain within the 120 limit of the ‘trip’, exactly how much has to be booked on the card in order to qualify for the insurance? Does anyone have any experience with the original ‘booking’ being a one-way flight? I can see us taking 2 flights a month minimum using the budget carriers so lounge access alone will almost offset the cost.

• Mikeact says:

I would definitely call them with all questions….definitely.

• Freddy says:

When I had a look at the plat insurance I found it quite lacking compared to a standalone policy especially for a independent traveller booking flights etc separately. It’s generally unclear what needs to be paid for on the card. Add in that you can’t add pre-existing conditions makes it a non-starter for many.

• Princess says:

Hi, once I had (in part) a similar question about what needed to be paid on the card and I called them to ask. They said that if an hotel or any other place doesn’t take Amex I will be cover anyway, otherwise everything should be paid on Amex (not necessarily platinum)
      I asked because the hotel we go for our ski break doesn’t take Amex. They ensure I will be covered anyway.

• Hannah says:

I would definitely phone Amex to check. I would imagine that they would want proof of a return date within the required limit though which is 90 days not 120.

• Nick_C says:

OT – JAL domestic flights, including awards, are now bookable 330 days in advance. Redemptions are showing on BA (Avios) and AA (AAdvantage).

Domestic redemptions were previously only bookable on line two months ahead.

• Nick_C says:

OT – BA cancelling flights to Hong Kong.

Just noticed in MMB (no email!) that BA are cancelling the second daily departure to HK. If you have a flight booked in the coming months do check.

(I’m flying to HK in late November, and have been rebooked on the 777 operated flight at 18.25 as the 21.30 flight due to be operated by an A380 is cancelled.)

• Chuk says:

I’m flying on the 2nd December from HKG on the A380 and my flight is still showing as confirmed and is still on sale. Maybe it’s only some days of the week?

• TripRep says:

Harry/SS

Just saying thanks for the No1 Lounge offer, paid £20 for lounge & fastrack security at EDI for my upcoming Istanbul trip this winter.

Also thanks to Anika for this review

It’s a noon flight so I’ll be having a bacon butty, shame you only get the one choice, hopefully food onboard Turkish airlines will be decent.

• Shoestring says:

Hello Shoester!

Never mind selecting your seats on the plane, it’s all about the lounge – we’re offering up to 40% off ours, but for a limited time only. Be it a snug sofa in My Lounge, a modern bar stool with a view in No1, or a comforting armchair in the Clubrooms – we have a seat for you, whatever your style. Be sure to snap these sale ones up while they last!

Use the promo code SALE2019 at no1lounges.com/promotions.

• Stu N says:

Would be interested in a report on the TK flight if you have time TripRep.