Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

British Airways launches a flash flight sale in Economy from London Gatwick

British Airways has launched a flash sale on short-haul economy seats from London Gatwick.

Over 200,000 seats have been reduced to £30 or less, for travel until 29th March 2020.

The lowest fare in the system is just £24 for a one-way trip to Nice or Verona.  This really is very low and puts BA firmly into ‘low cost carrier’ territory in terms of price.

British Airways Gatwick flash sale

Other routes which BA highlighted as offering the cheapest fares were Venice, Amsterdam, Geneva, Turin, Cologne, Faro, Dubrovnik, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Jersey.

You need to book by Tuesday 5th November.

The lower flight fares have also driven lower prices at BA Holidays, and it worth comparing ‘flight and hotel’ packages via this page – the price can often be genuinely cheaper than booking each element separately.

PS.  Remember that the brand new Club Aspire lounge is now open in the South Terminal at London Gatwick, which is the one used by British Airways.  This is accessible with a Priority Pass (free with Amex Platinum or buy one here) or Lounge Club (two FREE passes with Amex Gold) cards.  Our review of the new Club Aspire lounge at Gatwick South is here.

Comments (91)

• Scott says:

OT: I have linked my Virgin CC to Curve and tried to withdraw cash from a cash machine, a message popped up on screen saying I might be charged a transaction fee, so I cancelled the withdrawal. Grateful if someone could advise whether Virgin treats Curve cash withdrawal as purchase or as cash advance?

• Harry T says:

Virgin treats cash withdrawals with Curve as purchases in my experience. I’ve made multiple cash withdrawals with Curve linked to Virgin, both at home and in several countries abroad.

• Pid says:

Done it many times and never get charged. The ATM does not know you are using to curve it is just a standard message.

• Harry T says:

OT: Emirates.
    What can I do with 12,384 Skywards miles? I can’t ever see myself earning enough Skywards miles to do anything useful with them, so I’d like to find something to do with these orphan miles (had to transfer to EK when I cancelled my Aussie Amex last year as didn’t have enough for transferring to SQ).

Also, has anyone used the Amex offer for spending 1800£ at Emirates and getting 200£ back? Does this represent good value? Emirates is one of the few carriers who fly long haul directly from Newcastle, so I’m curious.

• Shoestring says:

This Black Friday weekend, 29 November to 3 December 2019, Air New Zealand will have some great deals, including a special Los Angeles Economy fare.
    100 x £179 return fares to Los Angeles from London Heathrow
    For the last time ever, Air New Zealand will be offering one hundred £1+Taxes return fares to LA from London Heathrow this Black Friday.
    This deal will go live at 10:00 UK time and will be sold on a first come, first served basis. Please note: fares are not secured until you have completed the purchase or completed a Fare Hold.
    However, if you miss out, don’t worry. We will have other great fares to Los Angeles over the whole Black Friday weekend.

• Ammar says:

Ot- any lounge club accepting lounges in and I can access on my flight back to bhx with KLM. Read about the ba lounge but and leaving terminal 2 so not sure can use the aspire ones. Never been to and before so advice appreciated.

• Annabel says:

Anyone having trouble logging into executive club? On the app it logged me out saying something about extra security. On web page can’t seem to get login button to click!

• Lady London says:

I had that yesterday. Got around it by right clicking and selecting open in new tab to sign in.

• flylikelinz says:

Being a Marriott ambassador member I was invited with a guest to the Friday Evening ATP session. I understand this offer was sent out to London based ambassador tier members. Something I dont think I would have even used 55k points to see, but happily take it for free.