See The Who in concert with your IHG Rewards Club points

If The Who was ‘talking about your generation’ (see what I did there?) then IHG Rewards Club has some good packages to see the band at The SSE Arena at Wembley on 8th April.

Via the IHG Access platform, there are three ‘buy it now’ options available.  There is no auction involved.

You can redeem for:

VIP packages @ 50,000 IHG Rewards Club points: Two Terrace Seat tickets, fast track entry to the venue, casual 3 course set menu including drinks at the arena’s Empire Bar & Grill Restaurant, lounge access and 1x free drink voucher per person

See The Who with IHG Rewards Club

Club packages @ 30,000 IHG Rewards Club points: Two Club tickets, fast track entry to the venue, lounge access with 2x drinks vouchers and 1x food voucher (choice of burgers, salad, sandwiches) per person

Standard packages @ 20,000 IHG Rewards Club points:  Two general admission tickets

If you are willing to take the risk of winning an auction, there is also a VIP package which comes with a night at the InterContinental Park Lane.  There are no bids so far.

You can redeem on the IHG Access site here.

PS.  If you missed it, take a look at our recent article on the top 10 reasons to get the IHG Rewards Club Premium Mastercard credit card.

End of an era as Virgin Atlantic stops its free Upper Class chauffeur service
Get a 50% bonus when you buy Marriott Bonvoy hotel points

AMEX Gold 20,000 bonus points

Comments

1. OT can you buy Kris Flyer miles direct from Singapore Airlines or only earn them through flying or third party channels. .

2. OT: Capital on Tap Rewards card

So I just got mine in the mail, but it’s the yellow (the non rewards variant), instead of the navy blue one.

They haven’t yet charged me the £99 fee either. I definitely did apply for the Rewards version. Is this all correct?

• Apparently it is and the colours don’t actually mean anything, so you need to see what turns up on your statement. No-one has ever told me they got it wrong though!

• Secret Squirrel says:

If you have paid to select seats on BA & then find availability as an upgrade, does. BA refund the seat selection fees or transfer them over to your upgraded seats?

• You’ll be able to select any available seat in the upgraded cabin but you will need to pay the difference in cost between that new sest and the one you have already paid.

• It took 10 days after getting my card to have the £99 for the card to be taken by DD.
      If your activate the card you can see on the app whether you are signed up for rewards (there is a section that tells you and let’s you charge your choice).

3. Unfortunately we cannot get the amazon voucher twice. Wonder if they are only tracking email addresses?

4. Lady London says:

What a cheerful soul you are tonight @Shoestring. Did you stick with the choice of a cash ticket and using the return half to go back this weekend? Then avios for further trips? How is MIL?

• Shoestring says:

she f’d up as I knew she would – complete breakdown unbefitting 51 YO whose mum happens to be in hospital – so she went to Malaga – but now we have diversion Malaga back to her mum on Sat, then diversion return to B’ham on Monday, my daughter misses school, my wife loses a day’s hols, her ma couldn’t care less sin duda, gotta sort out the car park, gotta go & get her from B’ham so that’s 8 hours driving, £500 maybe on the tickets

yep I’m a happy bunny

• Lady London says:

Aaargh I can’t believe it! I had to read it twice! Could it still change yet? Why return to BHX?

• Shoestring says:

BHX makes some sense vs Luton (both Wizz, cheapest – nothing better)

but she is just not coping with a parent/ loved mum in hospital in a different country

• Shoestring says:

her mother didn’t suffer a relapse or anything – she’s just recovering gradually in hospital

• Shoestring says:

so I’m patting myself on the back about getting 150K Avios for 1p/ point (£1500)

whereas my wife has just burned £500 for no good reason plus me on the M5 for 8 hrs

• Shoestring says:

£75 diesel

• Lady London says:

Ooouch. I think you’ve got to put it down to a daughter’s emotion @Shoestring. Can’t say I wouldn’t have done something similar in the circ’s. Sin duda M not aware of these logistics and indifferent. Is MIL well enough to express a preference if she knew?

Hollow laugh about the £500 vs the avios savings…

5. OT – would appreciate your collective wisdom to solve a conundrum.

My Bonvoy redemption cost has jumped overnight. I was trying to hit the mark before the price hike in March, and now they have just switched some reserved days to ‘peak’ without warning. I’m planning to transfer Amex MR points but will not have enough. I will be c.27k Bonvoy short.

Want to either transfer Bonvoy points from family or purchase additional points on the deal, but apparently a/c needs to be 90 days old without qualifying activity for both of these. It’s sadly just 60 days old. If I wait a month, Bonvoy price will rise another 40k points 🙁

Are there any simple ways to get ‘qualifying activity’ without staying, so I can then buy, or transfer the necessary points?

Any other genius ideas to get the points?

Thanks in advance

• Lady London says:

Id phone them promptly and beg. Or possibly adjust my stay.

• Ask Marriott to show mercy. Or buy 27k in the sale. It may be that buying miles counts as activity – I’m afraid I’m not sure.

• I had this with a stay I booked on points advance – I had a screenshot of the original points price for this eventuality, and emailed it to Marriott once I had enough points to complete the booking, and they honoured it.

• Was that booking made before or after the PointsAdvance rules changed though? I don’t see them showing any mercy if the OP made the booking after the rules changed, and tbh I don’t see why they should. OP seems to respect that too but is looking for a way to limit the damage as we all would.

6. OT – We have decided to spend New Year’s Eve in Dubai this year, we go every year but usually 1st/2nd week in January for the shopping festival.
    I am looking for any suggestions to help plan New Years Eve its self and if anyone else has done it before?
    We would like to be around the Burj Khalifa for the countdown but have heard it is chaos and well crowded. Is it best too book a hotel over looking the Burj Khalifa or near so you can make a quick exit on foot?
    Any tips or info much appreciated.

7. Thanks for the heads-up Rob,

I got the (only?) 50k VIP package to see the Who with my old man.