Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

News: British Airways adds Bengaluru flights, last call to earn 6000 Avios from Accor Hotels

News in brief:

British Airways launches additional Bengaluru flights

British Airways is increasing its services to Bengaluru for the Summer as it reallocates aircraft freed up from the suspension of China services.

Bengaluru flights will increase from seven to 10 per week from 23 April.

The additional services will depart Heathrow in the late evening on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays.  Tickets, including Avios seats, are bookable now on ba.com.

Accor 6000 points promotion

Last call – earn 6,000 bonus Avios (or €120) for 3 x 2-night Accor stays

You only have four days left to book this generous deal.  Accor Hotels, which owns Novotel / Ibis / Mercure / M Gallery / Sofitel / Pullman / Raffles / Swissotel / Fairmont etc, is offering 6,000 bonus Avios or €120 of hotel credit.

You will earn 6,000 Avios (or a variable pile of other airline miles or 6,000 Accor Live Limitless points) if you complete three x 2-night stays at Accor properties before 7th June 2020.

The snag is that you must book your stays between now and Friday 6th March. You need to book via the Accor website or a corporate travel agent. Stays booked via hotel wholesalers such as Expedia, Hotels.com, booking.com etc will not count.

Existing bookings do NOT count. These need to be cancelled and rebooked.  Only bookings made after you have registered (link here) are eligible.

What is the bonus?

The bonus is dropped into your account in the form of 6,000 Accor Live Limitless points:

Your first 2-night stay comes with 500 bonus points

Your second 2-night stay comes with 2,500 bonus points

Your third 2-night stay comes with 3,000 bonus points

Whilst the Accor website for this promotion focuses on taking points, you can convert your 6,000 bonus points (plus base points) into airline miles. For the main programmes I write about, the conversion rates are:

Flying Blue 2:1

British Airways Executive Club Avios: 2:1

Iberia Avios: 1:1 (so don’t convert to BA!)

Emirates Skywards: 2:1

Etihad Guest: 2:1

Miles & More: 2:1

The secret with converting to Avios is to send them to an Iberia Plus account to get the higher 1:1 conversion rate.  You can then use ‘Combine My Avios’ to move them to British Airways Executive Club.  You can’t transfer out of Iberia Plus accounts until they are 90 days old, so if you open one specifically for this offer then you might have a slight delay before you can move the Avios across.

Earn 6000 bonus Accor Live Limitless points

However, whilst 6,000 Avios is certainly attractive, you need to remember that by converting to Avios in the Iberia programme, you are effectively ‘paying’ 2 Eurocents per Avios compared to taking €120 in Accor hotel vouchers.  The hotel vouchers are therefore a better deal unless you have no plans to use them – although, if all of your Accor travel is through your job, it is very possible that you won’t mind giving up the vouchers.

In all of the other airline schemes you are paying 4 Eurocents per mile which is very poor.  If you are not primarily an Avios collector I would seriously suggest taking the €120 of vouchers instead.

You can find full details of the offer, and the link to register, on the Accor website here. Remember that bookings must be made by Friday 6th March even though you do not need to stay until 7th June.

(Want to earn more hotel points?  Click here to see our complete list of promotions from Accor and the other major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Promos’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)

(New to Accor Live Limitless?  Read our two-part overview of Accor Live Limitless here and here and our article on expiry rules here.)

Comments (123)

• Andrew MS says:

I am hooking up with my friend in Bali next week . His Vietjet flight from Ho Chi Minh has been cancelled (they moved him to the flight on the next day but didn’t tell him they had done so ! ) . Vietnam Airlines are now the only airline flying that day so their cash prices are extortionate . I see that Delta are offering reward seats but Virgin Atlantic website doesn’t show availability. Am i right in thinking I should be able to spend some Flying club miles with Virgin if i can see there is availability with Delta ?

• Marcw says:

Delta can see availability because Vietnam Airlines is a SkyTeam partner. BUT Vietnam Airlines is not a Virgin FC partner, so you cannot spend miles on Vietnam Airlines.

• Axel says:

Plenty connections in JaKarta. I would look at traveloka and tiket.com

• Erico1875 says:

Bengaluru (BLR) is a good India gatewaygateway for onward travel to the likes of Goa and Kerala. Unlike Mumbai and Dehli, it has only 1 terminal so transfers from international to domestic are simpler

• KBuffett says:

Morrisons / Vrgin points has ended?

• xcalx says:

Some have had the offer 8/£1 extended

• KBuffett says:

I’ve just joined and there aren’t any instore offers available to me

• GRIMZ says:

What you don’t shop in M+S, Amazon etc etc. Buy Gift cards!

• TGLoyalty says:

ensure you are on the UK version. seems to default to USA if you are using a VPN etc (or perhaps on work network)

• KBuffett says:

That worked.
      Very strange.
      Thanks!

• Shoestring says:

you understood the point you need to enrol your card/s and wait 24hrs?

• RussellH says:

The confusing thing is that on my purchases list page it states “No active offer ” for Morrisons. If I click on that, though, then it states “8 miles / £1 until 25/03/2020. Collect 1 mile / £1 if spend under £20”.
          Like the whole VS Shopping thingy, it is a complete mess.

• PJJ says:

mine say 25/3 too

• Miles. On point says:

RE: The Langley:

NYE now has award availability, currently bookable at 35,000 points/night

Great value way to bring in the new year, the wife and I are booked in 🙂

• Anna says:

Is there an obligatory gala dinner?!

• Miles. On point says:

Haha. Not that I saw

• Rob says:

Speed they serve food you’d still be there on Jan 2nd …

• DB2020 says:

True! Yet OMAAT gave them a positive review. 😉

• Rob says:

It’s a very impressive hotel and, to be fair, food service has reportedly improved in speed especially as they now serve in the drawing room. Problem is that the restaurant only works if only 15% of rooms choose to eat in, which as there is nothing else walkable was a rather heroic assumption. They also take a lot of bookings from non residents.

• Miles. On point says:

I think we’ll just deliveroo then Rob 😂

• New Card says:

Have been to Langley 3 times now and my strong advice is to eat somewhere else – The Three Oaks in Gerrards Cross is a 15 minute drive away and has exceptional gastropub food (it has a Michelin Bib Gourmand) and The Tudor Room is a 25 minute drive away and has its Michelin Star for a reason – superb.

• Tamara says:

OT Hi, I have a relatively new supplementary Amex Gold card and while the main cardholder started getting quite a few Amex offers, I can’t see anything in my account despite that I’m using my card more frequently than the main cardholder. I already have tried adding the card to a new account but no sign of any offers. Also Amex chat didn’t offer much help either. Any suggestions? Many thanks

• Anna says:

We have had this situation on my OH’s BAPP for as long as I can remember (though gratifyingly, we have both got the Hilton offer – £75 off £250 spend this time – for the first time ever). I just use his card if I want to use his offer.

• xcalx says:

OT
    I need to phone a 1 800 number from the UK am on talktalk and cant find the call cost any ideas

Thanks.

• Anon says:

OT – Swiss Air disputing a valid EU261 claim, if I need to who do I escalate it to? If final destination was LHR can it go to CAA?

• Lady London says:

I would do moneyclaimonline dot gov dot UK sooner than CAA but not 100% sure it’s in jurisdiction – anyone else know?

• New Card says:

Swiss are awful for this and they deny every claim no matter how valid. I remember when I tried to MoneyClaimOnline against them I struggled to find a UK address to serve proceedings against them at. I eventually used the SOP conciliation procedure which was good, free, and resulted in them paying c. 80% of my claim.

• Jonathan says:

My sister had months of to & fro with Swiss over a barn door EU261 claim. My dad ended up finding an address somewhere near Heathrow for a Swiss office which he used for MCOL. Claim settled in a few days. I’ll see if I can post address this evening or failing that in Bits tomorrow.