Park Plaza Hotels (Radisson) offering £99 London / €89 Amsterdam FULLY REFUNDABLE flash sale deals

I mentioned Park Plaza Westminster Bridge in my article today on whether you should buy Radisson Rewards points with a 100% bonus.  I though it was worthwhile giving this Radisson Rewards flash sale a mention.

For 48 hours – until midnight on Friday 5th – you can book two very smart Park Plaza Hotels for a flat (and fully refundable) rate.

You can book here.  You need to use the ‘See rooms’ buttons at the very bottom of the page.

The hotels are:

Park Plaza Westminster Bridge, London (reviewed here, picture below) – £99

Park Plaza Victoria, Amsterdam – €89 + city tax

Park Plaza Westminster Bridge flash sale

Here is the small print:

You need to book via this special page of the Radisson website using the ‘See rooms’ link at the bottom

You can stay until 30th September

All bookings are fully refundable up to 48 hours before arrival

I assume that bookings qualify for Radisson Rewards points as usual.   If you have American Express Platinum, you will get your standard Radisson Rewards Gold benefits, assuming that you registered.

In London, you can upgrade to a larger studio room – with an external rather than an atrium view – for an extra £10.  I would strongly recommend this – it is the same room type I had when I reviewed the hotel.

In Amsterdam, you can upgrade to an Executive Room for an additional €10.  This gets you a far larger room with additional amenities.

You can book until 5th June.  Note that it appears you need to email the hotels directly to cancel rather than being able to do it online.

You MUST use the ‘See rooms’ booking link at the bottom right of this page of the Radisson site to see these special rates.

Radisson Rewards credit card uk

Earning Radisson Rewards points via UK credit cards

As a reminder, you can earn Radisson Rewards points by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards.  These include:

American Express Preferred Rewards Gold – 10,000 Membership Rewards points (= 30,000 Radisson Rewards points) sign-up bonus

The Platinum Card from American Express – 30,000 Membership Rewards points (= 90,000 Radisson Rewards points) sign-up bonus

American Express Rewards credit card – 5,000 Membership Rewards points (= 15,000 Radisson Rewards points) sign-up bonus

It is worth noting that holders of The Platinum Card receive free Radisson Rewards Gold status for as long as they hold the card.  It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Shangri-La Golden Circle Jade and Melia Rewards Gold status.  We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here.

Membership Rewards points convert at 1:3 into Radisson Rewards points which is a very attractive rate.  The cards above all earn 1 Amex point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 3 Radisson Rewards points.

Virgin Atlantic to restart passenger flights in July and provide 'health pack' amenity kits
Which five loyalty credit cards are worth keeping for their benefits even if you never use them?

EXCLUSIVE HFP READER OFFER FOR SME's!
Get points worth 15,000 Avios as a sign-up bonus!
OFFER ENDS 13th JULY
15,000 Avios with Capital on Tap Mastercard

Comments

1. Hairdressers are open in Netherlands, might pop over before UK quarantine starts (yeah, starts?!).

• Lady London says:

A long way to go for a haircut ?!
      Are you coming back via DUB to avoid quarantine for 14 days?

• I’m working at home anyway, and only go out to Sainsbury’s and walk the dog – so being in quarantine would be no different!

2. ChrisC says:

Some confusion over the cancellation period by Radisson!

My booking states ‘free cancelation before July 29 2pm (local time)” in a green box on the ‘manage my reservation’ page.

And similar wording deeper into the booking (under cancellation and rate details) but in the under ‘features’ section it does state ‘cancllation required 48 priors to arrival to avoid 1 night penalty charge’

So which is it? How is anyone supposed to work out when the deadline is when they aren’t consistent.

3. Robert W. says:

I mistakenly made a booking for London for only 1 person in a room for early August.
    Tried to amend number to 2 people. Not possible. OK, fair enough.
    Tried to cancel the booking. This is not possible either.
    The Terms and conditions clearly state the booking is able to be cancelled if less than 48 hours before the stay.
    But the system says no.

• 2 people is same price so I wouldn’t bother amending just for that reason. It seems that cancellation requires emailing the hotel which is probably too much hassle.

• ChrisC says:

The ‘system’ also says to contact the hotel – phone or email will do – both are listed in the booking on the web / app.

• Cheshire Pete says:

Yeah I made the mistake on the default 1 adult, but for a King room it makes no difference. I’ll probably email them nearer the time to mention there will be 2, as Rob suggests it won’t affect the price especially as Breakfast is not included anyhow.

• ChrisC says:

It won’t affect the room rate but it will affect the €3 per head per night Amsterdam City Tax

• There’s no point entering the second persons details into the website. It’s not an issue at checkin at PPWB.

4. Any good deals for hotels in Paris or Lyon? Travelling for work later this month (and yes, fully prepared to quarantine on my return).

5. Ronald Jeremy says:

Any suggestions on Hotels in the St Albans area? I plan on taking the wife away for a weekend of Brass rubbing in St Albans Cathedral. I am told that there are roman ruins close by but nothing Neolithic sadly.
    I have used the Holiday Inn at junction 22 for a meeting, which wasn’t bad, and also the Mercure at 21a when I was caught short, I was told the toilets were for residents only so I quickly said that I had Accor gold and went for a dump anyway. I had a cursory look at the public areas and it looks stuck in the mid nineties. It also doesn’t help that it had what looks like a semi permanent car wash in the hotel car park run by surly looking eastern Europeans.

6. Travel Strong says:

Just booked the Amsterdam property successfully at 8:30pm Sat … and also booked a Delta flight from AMS to SLC for 100k virgin miles + 440EU. Delta One biz class both ways.

Not only a bargain, but a perfect resolution to a cancelled ex-LHR flight!

… I now sit and wait, and hope that Holland and the USA open back up to the British in time!

7. JohnT says:

Offer still open now (09.44 Sun)

8. ChrisC says:

“Amsterdam has risen to €97 but London remains £99.”

The AMS base rate is still 89.

It’s 97 with the city tax and that’s been the case since the offer appeared.

• Aha. They weren’t showing the city tax element on the home page last week, that’s why.

9. Harry T says:

Has anyone received a reply from the hotel when emailing to cancel? I naively assumed Radisson IT would be incompetent and made speculative bookings for a fair few weekends. Now I can’t cancel them using the website or app (pretty poor when you compare to the Hilton, IHG or Bonvoy app).

10. From the cheeky front desk staff at London to the doggy cancellation procedures…hmm maybe there’s a reason why the rooms are still not sold out and are still bookable…

11. ChrisC says:

Just in any case people do need to cancel I did need to cancel Amsterdam and found the process to be quite simple – though being able to cancel in the app / website would obviously be better.

I’d made a mistake in the dates so I sent an email late Friday to the listed email in the booking (it’s the generic ‘info’ address for the hotel) with the booking reference in the subject line and a few words saying I wanted to cancel.

Got an email this morning (from central bookings) confirming the cancellation and it is reflected in the app as well.