How to make yourself a British Airways Executive Club Premier member in 2 minutes :-)

British Airways IT genius strikes again …..

The iPhone app has updated today.  For some reason, BA has failed to remove a testing element.

EDIT: BA fixed this in a further app update on Wednesday afternoon.  If you are only updating the app now you won’t see this unfortunately.

Go to ‘My Account’ and you’ll see an eye-shaped button at the top.  Click it and you can select your tier – including Premier!

This, apparently, is what a BA Executive Club Premier member (usually the head of travel for a FTSE 100 company, or similar) sees, and what you will see too:

British Airways Premier card

and

British Airways Premier card

Sadly I don’t think that the status actually gets applied to your British Airways account 🙂

Thanks to cheshirepete on Flyertalk for spotting this.

Here's the full HFP index of articles for June 2020
easyJet to close its bases at Stansted, Southend and Newcastle

Comments

1. Stu N says:

I like the GGL picture best. Frankly this is the only way I’ll ever get to see it in my app.

🙂

Oh and in case anyone is wondering, if you pull down to update it puts you back where you should be.

2. KBuffett says:

Very cool. If only it were real

3. When checking this, I noticed that my status extension through to 30 June 2022 had been applied. Not bad considering I only regularities for Gold recently due to the paternity freeze that BA allow.

• Courtster says:

I got Gold in 2014 and with 2 paternities I’m still silver till late 2021. I’ve probably only taken 4 revenue flights since the Gold achievement(!)

• Still not got my extension, hopefully will come through soon!

• It’s not coming. If you have already renewed your existing status this year, you don’t get one.

• HarryUps says:

Hi Rob, What about if you received an email saying that you will be getting the extra 12 months (like I did), do I have a leg to stand on to challenge this? I had already retained Gold at the time of receiving the email.

• TGLoyalty says:

I renewed mine prior to my TP year end May 8th and received an extension to jul 2022

Or do you mean people with TP years ending in July onwards who renewed this past year won’t get it?

4. Already been fixed sadly – I wanted a screenshot as it’s the only way I’ll get it😂

• TGLoyalty says:

Just updated my app and still seeing the Eye. Unfortunately it says John smith etc lol

5. Not on Android it seems, sadly, but great find. 😂

6. It is still showing. Need to update the app.

7. Andrew says:

To be clear it just shows the John Smith version that Rob shows when you click the eye and select the desired tier – it doesn’t show your details.

8. Chrisasaurus says:

Christ rob charge your phone it’s making me anxious!

Can see Mr Smith’s email in the screenshot too, off to guess the password and steal his 1000 Avios 😁

• Doug M says:

Almost every screenshot does this to me. I instantly check the battery life and think ffs charge it.

9. What’s Vanilla Tier? 😯😂

10. Well the good news is I’m now Mr John Smith GGL member. The bad news is it expired in 2018 🤣

11. LEWIS says:

I thought Premier was politicians and celebrities. I thought it was a pr thing not a profit thing