Slightly off our beat although nonetheless interesting to anyone who enjoys a First Class lounge is the launch of three new Stena Line ferries which will travel between the UK mainland and Dublin or Belfast.
Stena Line has launched two new ships that will ply the Irish Sea, with a third coming next year:
- Stena Estrid will sail from Holyhead to Dublin
- Stena Edda and Stena Embla (from January) will sail between Liverpool and Belfast
The fastest crossings are around three hours and fifteen minutes, which means you should have plenty of time to enjoy the ‘next generation’ first class “Stena Plus” lounge on board! This is what you’ll get:
- Complimentary choice of coffee, fine teas, soft drinks, wine and tasty snacks
- Complimentary daily newspapers and magazines
- Dedicated waiter service with a special menu (extra charge)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Power points for laptops and games consoles
It seems quite smart, looking at this promo video.
(If you are reading this via email, click here to view the video on YouTube)