Hotel news in brief:
IHG Rewards launches a ‘Stay Longer’ offer
IHG Rewards is running another of its occasional ‘Stay Longer’ offers, covering participating hotels in the UK and Europe.
Full details are on this page of ihg.com.
Here are the headline rules:
- all bookings include free breakfast
- you must book by 15th November 2021
- you must stay by 31st March 2022
- you must book for at least 3 nights (some hotels may require 5 or 7 night stays)
This discount, for IHG Rewards members, will usually be an additional 15% off the Advance Saver Rate.
All bookings can be cancelled. The cut-off is seven days before arrival.
Oddly, Staybridge Suites – which is specifically designed for longer stays, as rooms include kitchenettes – is not taking part.
You can find out more here.
Radisson Rewards launches a new sale for advance bookings
Radisson is offering a decent discount if you are prepared to book ahead for your next hotel stay in the UK and Europe.
You can save, if you are a Radisson Rewards member, 30% off the standard rate.
The snag is that you need to book by 21st October and can only stay between 30th November 2021 and 14th March 2022. Rooms must be pre-paid.
That said, if you can make the dates work for you then you may have a deal.
If you are heading to Heathrow, our review of the new Radisson RED at Heathrow is here and our review of the new Radisson at Heathrow is here. These two hotels share the same building, which used to be the Park Inn before a top to toe refurbishment.
You can find full details of the Radisson sale here.
How to earn Radisson Rewards points and status from UK credit cards (October 2022)
Radisson Rewards does not have a dedicated UK credit card. However, you can earn Radisson Rewards points by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards.
These cards earn Membership Rewards points:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 60,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with two free airport lounge passes.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 90,000 Radisson Rewards points
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 10,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 30,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for life.
EDIT: Until 25th October 2022, there is an exceptionally generous sign-up bonus on The Platinum Card. You will receive 60,000 Membership Rewards points – double the usual amount – and £200 to spend at Amex Travel. You need to spend £6,000 within six months to earn the bonus.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:3 into Radisson Rewards points which is a very attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 3 Radisson Rewards points.
Even better, holders of The Platinum Card receive free Radisson Rewards Gold status for as long as they hold the card. It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold and MeliaRewards Gold status. We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here.
(Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)