This article is sponsored by Marriott Bonvoy
Marriott Bonvoy has brought back ‘Week of Wonders’, giving you seven days of offers and promotions to get you back in the mood for travel.
We are looking at our pick of the ‘Week of Wonders’ offers over a number of articles this week. To see the full selection of offers, you should visit the ‘Week of Wonders’ website here.
If you are planning a luxury hotel stay this Winter, the most attractive part of ‘Week of Wonders’ may be the offer outlined in this article. You can get up to $300 hotel credit on your next stay.
The offer is outlined in detail on this page of marriott.com.
Receive up to $300 of hotel folio credit
You can receive up to $300 to spend in your hotel when you book selected luxury hotels by 14th October.
It is valid at the following brands outside North America:
- The Ritz Carlton
- St Regis
In the Caribbean, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, and Africa, this offer is available seven days per week as long as you stay at least two nights. Different rules apply in other regions – see here for full terms.
You will receive up to $300 of hotel credit if you are a Marriott Bonvoy member (which you almost certainly are if you are reading this) and up to $200 if you are not. If you’re not, clearly signing up to Marriott Bonvoy for free before you book would be lucrative ….
You need to book between 7th-14th October for stays up to 17 January 2022.
You need to pre-pay your booking BUT you can cancel for a full refund. The exact number of days notice required – usually 1-3 days before arrival – will be shown during the booking process.
The credit is NOT valid against your room bill, which will be pre-paid anyway, but is valid against food and drink in the hotel and, depending on property, spa and other incidentals.
Here’s an example
Penha Longa in Portugal is a The Ritz Carlton managed hotel which Rhys reviewed here. A picture of the golf course is below.
A 2-night stay in late October comes out at €598 but includes a $75 hotel credit, which is a decent rebate.
The cancellation policy here is 1 day before arrival to receive a full refund.
Looking for ideas?
Here are links to some of our The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and EDITION hotel reviews from the last few years to give you some ideas for a Winter break (OK, Kyoto is unlikely but it is an amazing hotel and worth bookmarking for 2022):
- St Regis Istanbul (review here, website here)
- St Regis Toronto (review here, website here)
- St Regis New York (review here, website here)
- The Ritz Carlton Kyoto (review here, website here)
- The Ritz Carlton Al Wadi Desert Ras Al Khaimah (review here, website here)
- The Ritz Carlton Al Hamra Beach Ras Al Khaimah (review here, website here)
- Penha Longa, A The Ritz Carlton Hotel, Sintra (review here, website here)
- The Barcelona EDITION (review here, website here)
- The London EDITION (review here, website here)
St Regis Mardavall in Mallorca is not included due to its Winter closure.
This offer will stack with other Marriott Bonvoy promotions
Don’t forget the other Marriott Bonvoy offers currently running, which will stack with this:
- 2,000 bonus points on your next Bonvoy stay until 21st November if you hold a Marriott Bonvoy credit card (article here, register here)
- £100 cashback if you spend £400 by 31st December at selected Marriott Bonvoy luxury hotels if you are targeted for the current UK American Express cashback promotion. In theory this offer is based on check-out spend but will usually trigger on pre-paid stays too.
Put all these together and you could have a very lucrative stay.
You can find out more about the other ‘Week of Wonders’ offers on the Marriott website here.
Full details of this offer, including the global list of participating hotels, is on this special page of marriott.com.
How to earn Marriott Bonvoy points and status from UK credit cards (March 2024)
There are various ways of earning Marriott Bonvoy points from UK credit cards. Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses.
The official Marriott Bonvoy American Express card comes with 20,000 points for signing up, 2 points for every £1 you spend and 15 elite night credits per year.
You can apply here.
You can also earn Marriott Bonvoy points by converting American Express Membership Rewards points at the rate of 2:3.
Do you know that holders of The Platinum Card from American Express receive FREE Marriott Bonvoy Gold status for as long as they hold the card? It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium and MeliaRewards Gold status. We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here and you can apply here.
You can also earn Marriott Bonvoy points indirectly:
- American Express Gold (20,000 bonus Amex points)
- American Express Rewards Credit Card (10,000 bonus Amex points)
and for small business owners:
- American Express Business Gold (20,000 bonus Amex points)
- American Express Business Platinum (40,000 bonus Amex points)
The conversion rate from American Express to Marriott Bonvoy points is 2:3.
(Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)