Radisson Rewards, the Radisson Blu / Radisson RED / Park Inn / Park Plaza hotel group, has brought back its generous promotion to encourage you to book with its mobile app.
You will earn 3,000 bonus Radisson Rewards points for the first cash stay of 2+ nights that you book via the Radisson Rewards app.
It is valid for any paid stay at Radisson Collection, Radisson Blu, Radisson RED, Radisson, Park Plaza, Park Inn and Country Inns & Suites hotel in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa. The Americas are not included.
I tend to value Radisson Rewards points at 0.33p each based on redeeming 70,000 points for a £200 – £250 five-star hotel. This means that the bonus points are worth £10 which is a good return, especially on cheap Park Inn stays.
Full details of the offer are here. There is no deadline published, so if the offer still shows when you click through then you should assume it is still running.
This will stack with the current double bonus points offer
Radisson Rewards has recently launched a new ‘double points’ promotion.
Radisson is already the most generous hotel scheme in terms of the number of base points you earn per $1 spent, so when the company is offering double points it is doubly lucrative.
It is only valid on stays in Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Here are the headline rules:
- the promotion runs from 15th October to 19th December
- it is only valid for stays after registration, which you can do here
- existing bookings do not count
- there is no minimum stay requirement
- you earn double base points (ie an additional 20 points per $1 spent) on every stay after registration
- tier bonuses for elite members are not doubled
- you can earn up to 100,000 bonus points during the offer (which would require $5,000 of pre-tax spend, so unlikely to be a problem)
The bad news is that existing bookings do not count. You may be able to rebook any refundable rooms that you have, but double check the current prices before you do.
If you trigger the 3,000 bonus points from your first app booking AND double base points then you will have a very lucrative stay.
You can register for ‘double points’ via this page of the Radisson website.
How to earn Radisson Rewards points and status from UK credit cards (December 2022)
Radisson Rewards does not have a dedicated UK credit card. However, you can earn Radisson Rewards points by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards.
These cards earn Membership Rewards points:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 60,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with four free airport lounge passes.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 90,000 Radisson Rewards points
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 10,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 30,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for life.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:3 into Radisson Rewards points which is a very attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 3 Radisson Rewards points.
Even better, holders of The Platinum Card receive free Radisson Rewards Premium status for as long as they hold the card. It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold and MeliaRewards Gold status. We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here.
(Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)