British Airways is launching six new routes from London City Airport for Summer 2022.
These will be operated, as usual, by the BA CityFlyer subsidiary using the fleet of Embraer E190 aircraft.
Avios seats should be bookable now and should be freely available given that the routes were only added today.
Where will BA fly from London City Airport in Summer 2022?
Here are the six routes announced today:
- Luxembourg, up to 18 flights per week – full season (27th March to 28th October)
- Barcelona, up to six flights per week – 20th June to 4th September
- Guernsey, two flights per week – 20th June to 2nd September, Mon and Fri
- Jersey, two flights per week – 20th June to 2nd September, Mon and Fri
- Milan Malpensa, daily – full season (2nd April to 28th October)
- Thessaloniki, one flight per week – 18th June to 4th September, Sat out and Sun back
Milan Malpensa appears to be in addition to flights to Linate, which are still bookable on ba.com.
Jersey and Guernsey are not technically ‘new’ routes but were not previously expected to operate this Summer.
Here are the remaining CityFlyer routes for this August, according to Cirium:
- Milan Linate
- San Sebastian
Is it worth booking Club Europe on CityFlyer flights?
If you are thinking about booking a Club Europe redemption for Avios on these routes, remember that the Embraer E190 aircraft are 2 x 2 seating throughout (pictured above). There is no ’empty middle seat’ benefit. There is also no lounge at London City Airport. Economy seats also retain free catering, with no ‘buy on board’, so you will be fed regardless.
Unless you need the extra luggage allowance, the only benefit of Club Europe on the outbound flight is the superior meal served on board. You would receive lounge access on your return if one is available, plus priority security etc.
These services are available for booking now at ba.com.