We have two interesting bits of IHG news today.
A new IHG / American Express cashback deal launches
First up is a new American Express cashback offer.
You will receive £75 back when you spend £300 in participating IHG hotels before 27th January.
As usual, you need to look for this deal under the ‘Offers’ tab in the Amex app or on the website for each American Express card you hold. You need to click ‘Save to Card’ to register.
Whilst the small print says that pre-paid spend is not allowed, this is generally not true. Because pre-paid IHG bookings are processed by the individual hotel and not centrally, the cashback should still be triggered.
The offer is cumulative. You don’t need to spend £300 in one transaction or at the same hotel.
The list of participating hotels is on the American Express website in the Terms & Conditions. It is 22 pages long, covering much of Western Europe. It covers the full spectrum of IHG brands from Holiday Inn Express to InterContinental.
Note that the list is sorted by post code and not city, which is confusing if you are looking for London hotels. In the UK sections, some are under S, some under N, some under W and some under E!
Get event tickets in London and Manchester
IHG One Rewards has rolled out some concert tickets at OVO (Wembley) Arena. This is not Wembley Stadium, it is the far smaller indoor arena next door.
What is interesting is that IHG is basically offering DIY hospitality along with your tickets!
For each of the concerts below, you will receive:
- Seats located within the OVO Arena’s premium seating terraces
- Fast track entry
- £40 voucher per person to the “Empire Bar & Grill” Restaurant
- Pre-show access to a hospitality lounge and one ‘free drink’ voucher per person
This isn’t a bad package, because the meal and drinks are worth around £100 on their own.
Your options are:
- Crouchfest – 19th November – 40,000 points for two people
- Il Divo – 16th December – 60,000 points for two people
- UB40 – 21st December – 60,000 points for two people
In Manchester ….
There is a similar deal for the AO Arena in Manchester. Each package comes with:
- Entry to the AO Electric Lounge
- Complimentary glass of champagne on arrival
- Sharing platter (1 per 2 guests)
- Seats in the lower tier corporate section in the main auditorium
- Food & Drinks menu available for purchase
You can choose from:
- Florence + The Machine – 22nd November – 60,000 points for two
- Westlife – 24th November – 50,000 points for two
- Blue & Atomic Kitten – 5th December – 60,000 points for two
- Rod Stewart – 14th December – 75,000 points for two
The event tickets are on the IHG Access website here.
IHG One Rewards update – January 2023:
New to IHG One Rewards? Read our overview of IHG One Rewards here and our article on points expiry rules here. Our article on ‘What are IHG One Rewards points worth?’ is here.
Buy points: If you need additional IHG One Rewards points, you can buy them here.
Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from IHG and the other major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.