This article is sponsored by British Airways Holidays
British Airways Holidays has launched its Black Friday deals with holiday savings of up to £300.
What is the British Airways Holidays Black Friday offer?
British Airways Holidays is offering up to £300 off holiday packages to any destination, available on trips taken any time between 1st December 2022 and 20th October 2023.
Take a look at the offer home page here.
Your saving is based on what you spend:
- Spend £10,000 on a flight + hotel package and save £300 per booking
- Spend £5,000 on a flight + hotel package and save £200 per booking
- Spend £2,500 on any holiday package and save £100 per booking
- Spend £1,250 on any holiday package and save £50 per booking
- Spend £650 on a flight + car package and save £25 per booking
You will receive DOUBLE British Airways Executive Club tier points too
British Airways Holidays is still running one of the most attractive points promotions available from any travel company – the ‘double tier points’ offer.
If you book a ‘flight and hotel’ or ‘flight and car’ package for 5+ nights via BA Holidays, for travel completed by 30th September 2023, you will receive double tier points on your flights.
This offer has been running for over a year now and the process for posting the extra tier points has now been smoothed out. You should only need to wait 14 days after travelling to receive the extra tier points.
You could get a Silver card from scratch in one trip. For example, booking Manchester to Corfu in Club Europe, you would get (40 + 80 + 80 + 40) x 2 = 480 tier points, which is enough if you travel by 31st December 2022. You get a holiday and up to 25 months of BA lounge access and free seat selection, depending on the timing of your British Airways year end.
A Business Class package to, say, New York or Dubai would get you 560 tier points under this offer. This is well over the threshold for Silver and half of the way to Gold, currently 1,125 tier points.
Full details of the ‘double tier points’ offer can be found on BA Holidays here.
Trips to inspire you
Here’s a couple of the holidays on offer:
Dubai: five nights at the 5* Sofitel Dubai The Palm from £899pp, travelling on selected dates between 1 June – 30 June 2023 inclusive. Includes World Traveller return flights from London Heathrow Airport, 23kg luggage allowance and accommodation on Half Board board basis.
St Lucia: Seven nights, at the 5* Landings Resort and Spa from £1319pp, travelling on selected dates between 1 June – 30 June 2023 inclusive. Includes World Traveller return flights from London Gatwick Airport, 23kg luggage allowance and accommodation with breakfast.
Malta: Seven nights, at the 4.5* Solana Hotel and Spa from £219pp, travelling on selected dates between 1 January – 31 January 2023 inclusive. Includes Euro Traveller return flights from London Gatwick Airport, 23kg luggage allowance and accommodation
How many tier points would you need for BA status?
Until 31st December, these are the reduced thresholds you need to hit:
- Bronze status in BA Executive Club requires 225 tier points
- Silver status in BA Executive Club requires 450 tier points
- Gold status in BA Executive Club requires 1,125 tier points
From 1st January 2023, thresholds return to their pre-covid levels (this happens irrespective of your membership year end):
- Bronze status in BA Executive Club requires 300 tier points
- Silver status in BA Executive Club requires 600 tier points
- Gold status in BA Executive Club requires 1,500 tier points
You could still squeeze in a five night break before the thresholds change.
Do remember that you need FOUR BA or Iberia cash flights in your membership year to get promoted, so one return flight to New York wouldn’t be enough unless you were connecting. You’d need a quick hop somewhere else before your status was upgraded.
Don’t forget the other benefits of booking with British Airways Holidays
As well as the double tier point benefit, there are other attractive benefits of booking with British Airways Holidays which are :
- earn 1 Avios per £1 spent at BA Holidays -this is an extra bonus on top of the Avios you earn on your flights plus the Avios you earn if you pay with an Avios-earning credit card
- earn double Avios (3 per £1 spent) from Amex when you pay with a British Airways American Express Premium Plus card
- you can secure your trip with a small deposit now and pay the balance nearer the date of travel
- 24-hour support helpline during your trip
The British Airways Black Friday sale is available on bookings made by 29th November 2022 and is valid on travel until 20th October 2023. To receive double tier points, you need to travel by 30th September 2023.
Find out more on the BA Holidays home page here.