Radisson Hotels has launched a new sale covering its hotels in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
You need to book by 30th June for stays between 1st July and 10th September. The headline top-end saving for logged-in members is advertised as 25%.
Radisson Rewards members will earn an extra 2,000 points per stay although since the scheme was gutted last year these are only worth around £4.
Remember that if you have ‘Premium’ status in Radisson Rewards, which is what you get if you are an American Express Platinum cardholder, you can activate something called ‘Discount Booster’. This gets you an extra 10% or so off your booking IF you agree to earn points at a lower rate. I’m not sure how well this factors in with sale rates.
Since the points are worth so little these days, using ‘Discount Booster’ is a no-brainer if you have ‘Premium’ status and you are spending your own money.
If you are looking for ideas, recent openings which have raised our interest include:
- Palazzo Nani Venice, a Radisson Collection hotel (article here)
- Radisson Blu Zaffron Resort, Santorini (article here)
- Radisson Blu Resort Maldives (article here)
- Radisson RED Liverpool (article here)
- Radisson Heathrow
- Radisson RED Heathrow
You can find out more on the Radisson website here.
How to earn Radisson Rewards points and status from UK credit cards (September 2023)
Radisson Rewards does not have a dedicated UK credit card. However, you can earn Radisson Rewards points by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards.
These cards earn Membership Rewards points:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 60,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with four free airport lounge passes.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 90,000 Radisson Rewards points
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 10,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 30,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for life.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:3 into Radisson Rewards points which is a very attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 3 Radisson Rewards points.
Even better, holders of The Platinum Card receive free Radisson Rewards Premium status for as long as they hold the card. It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold and MeliaRewards Gold status. We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here.
(Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)