Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express New £300 Platinum dining credit July 2022 Reply To: New £300 Platinum dining credit July 2022

Gavin454 174 posts

Hope my dining on 31 December is correctly credited under 2022 and not 2023.

I was on the 30th. And I guess there’s no way to tell until we spend through this year’s credit. But a December transaction date should trigger from 2022 like any other expiring offer does.

Credit from 30th spend showing today and as the full amount of the transaction wasn’t credited (as it took me over what was left of the £150), it confirms it was was last year’s allocation and hasn’t eaten into this year’s.

Great! my credit posted too. How do you know it hasn’t eaten into this years?

Because the credit didn’t cover the full cost of the meal – the cost of the meal was £80ish and I got £30ish credited as that’s all that was left of last year’s £150, so if it had been from this year’s allocation I would have been credited the full £80.

Same here – I spent £76.28 earlier last year which I had credited a couple of months ago, and then on 30th December spent £75 at another eligible restaurant. On 3rd January, a credit appeared for £73.72 which confirms it was the remainder of last year’s allowance (not the full £75).

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.