Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express New £300 Platinum dining credit July 2022

• MCO 73 posts

I have yet to use my domestic credit and living in North East means I have a minimum of 2hrs to get to closest restaurant. Anyone figured out any that sell gift cards via a phone call or online that will trigger the cashback?

Michael C 666 posts

Thanks for the person confirming Ivy Oxford on the list – “offer used” beeped while walking out!
    Nice enough time, service still atrocious.

PIL 100 posts

I have yet to use my domestic credit and living in North East means I have a minimum of 2hrs to get to closest restaurant. Anyone figured out any that sell gift cards via a phone call or online that will trigger the cashback?

I am afraid you will have to travel to York/Harrogate or Leeds to trigger it with a GC from Ivy.

EwanG 112 posts

I am afraid you will have to travel to York/Harrogate or Leeds to trigger it with a GC from Ivy.

Hawksmoor Edinburgh is worth calling. They sell gift cards (I mentioned previously). Very handy (as all Edinburgh locations are) for Waverley station, if coming by train from the north east.

MCO 73 posts

I called Hawksmoor Edinburgh couple of days back but they only sell them in-store or online which I guess won’t trigger.

Vit 158 posts

Confirmed £150 worked like a treat for Mido Omakase in Bangkok. You can book via Line using the phone number on the amex link (similar to Whatsapp for those not familiar). They need some sort of deposit though so maybe a bit inconvenient for those not having local Thai account but I think if you insist they might let it go and take some card details instead. Great sushi and the plum wine is a must. Going to try Suhring next year. 🙂

Jonathan 8 posts

Can anyone help with regards to gift cards? I got one (direct from Ivy restaurant) for £200 last year and only used it a few weeks ago. Used once for £80, no issue. But then the following week tried to use it for £70 and refused saying it had expired. The gift card was due to expire 31st Dec 2022. In the end the manager waived the bill as I was buying another £150 gift card to use the AMEX credit.

I seem to recall a rule that for Ivy Gift Cards once they are used you only have a week to use up the credit? They told us the expiry and it was 7 days after we first used it. Anyone able to shed any light on this?

PIL 100 posts

Can anyone help with regards to gift cards? I got one (direct from Ivy restaurant) for £200 last year and only used it a few weeks ago. Used once for £80, no issue. But then the following week tried to use it for £70 and refused saying it had expired. The gift card was due to expire 31st Dec 2022. In the end the manager waived the bill as I was buying another £150 gift card to use the AMEX credit.

I seem to recall a rule that for Ivy Gift Cards once they are used you only have a week to use up the credit? They told us the expiry and it was 7 days after we first used it. Anyone able to shed any light on this?

To my knowledge, a GC from Ivy is valid for exactly 365 days. I bought 2×100 on 22/12/2021 and used one of them on 22/12/2022 which is the last date before expiry

Whatsthepoint 122 posts

We had a great pre-concert family meal at the Ivy, Birmingham last week. Excellent service, great food and the credit posted 3 days later. When does dining credit re-set, is it membership anniversary?

Gavin454 159 posts

Has anyone had any luck getting a credit applied manually when it didn’t track? I went to “Chefman” restaurant in Bangkok nearly a month ago but the credit has not appeared. Initially CS said the transaction is not eligible, but then said it should be eligible after I showed the address is the same, which doesn’t inspire confidence. They are saying I need to wait up to 150 days, but it seems clear it won’t track and credit if it hasn’t done already. They claim there’s no way to process it manually… but I’ve had other credits added manually in the past.

polly 289 posts

@Whatsthepoint
    They all reset Jan 1st 2023

Jonathan 8 posts

To my knowledge, a GC from Ivy is valid for exactly 365 days. I bought 2×100 on 22/12/2021 and used one of them on 22/12/2022 which is the last date before expiry

Yes – I’ve just seen something on their website saying you don’t have to use it in one go. Sent an email to the restaurant to look into it.

yorkshireRich 186 posts

Did anyone find out if you can purchase a gift card anywhere for the overseas credit. If not, looks like mine is going to waste. I am however going to Madrid in Jan so can use it there, but would have been ideal if I could use it for a gift card then I could have saved the overseas credit for later in the year.

Skywalker 699 posts

Happy New Dining Credit Year! 😁🍷

Harrods 120 posts

Hope my dining on 31 December is correctly credited under 2022 and not 2023.

Andrew J 769 posts

I was on the 30th. And I guess there’s no way to tell until we spend through this year’s credit. But a December transaction date should trigger from 2022 like any other expiring offer does.

Ash 621 posts

Planning trip to Turin in early spring, there are two eligible restaurants, if you been to either welcome your feedback.

polly 289 posts

Anyone been to LittleParis in Phuket town? Planning to eat there a couple of times in Feb…. Hotel buses gets us there and back, luckily.

Harrods 120 posts

I was on the 30th. And I guess there’s no way to tell until we spend through this year’s credit. But a December transaction date should trigger from 2022 like any other expiring offer does.

Yep I would have thought so!

Rich_A 92 posts

I used mine on 30 Dec. Not credited yet, but I intend to use the 2023 allowance pretty soon this month, so I should be able to report back.

shilly 111 posts

@polly I have just booked Little Paris in Phuket for January so if successful will let you know, keep fingers crossed 🤞

SteveJ 978 posts

Cross referencing:
    https://www.headforpoints.com/forums/topic/amex-offers-latest/page/19/

There are some new statement credit offers that will stack with this Dining Credit, i.e. Ivy, Hakkasan, Delaunay, Yauatcha.

Benny130 1 post

https://www.headforpoints.com/forums/users/polly/

I ate there a couple of times in December and the payments were credited no problem. Food was goos and really lively and buzzy but the service wasnt all that. the first time they brought the mains just as we were starting the starters so no room left on the table for everything! Where are you staying?

MattB 261 posts

We were in London a few days after Xmas, but the only time we had free to use this on my wife’s card was for a late morning meal on our last day which limited our options. Ended up at Aqua Shard for their xmas brunch as it was near our hotel.

In short my review:

Food 9/10
    service 1/10

For one of the most expensive meals we have ever had it was by far the worst experience, dire on every level from the moment we sat down. Tables who ordered after us were finishing desert before we had mains, had to chase up more than once. Wrong deserts delivered then another 20 mins to resolve. Our 1.5 hr slot turned into almost 2.5 hrs. No apologies from anyone, and they seemed shocked when we refused to pay the service charge (something i’ve never done before).

chelseafifi 53 posts

Going to Harvey Nicks, then onto The Cavendish, Mayfair (walk or tube depending on weather), can anyone please advise on an Ivy, (to purchase gift-card for dining credit) close-by either location?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.