Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Post new Amex statement credit offers here!

• Iona 57 posts

Pumpkin Cafe – spend £10 get £10 back
    Upper Crust – spend £10 get £10 back

Seen on Amex free MR and Amex Platinum

So far, no Cafe Ritazza or Millies Cookies offers like the last time (at least not on my cards!) 🙂

I’ve not got that on my platinum but on BAPP I’ve got “spend £10 twice get £10 back once” for both.

Skywalker 693 posts

Pumpkin Cafe – spend £10 get £10 back
    Upper Crust – spend £10 get £10 back

Seen on Amex free MR and Amex Platinum

So far, no Cafe Ritazza or Millies Cookies offers like the last time (at least not on my cards!) 🙂

I’ve not got that on my platinum but on BAPP I’ve got “spend £10 twice get £10 back once” for both.

In a 4am blur I may not have seen the ‘twice’ element on the Plat/free – thanks for pointing this out!

strickers 656 posts

Very limited list of locations for the Upper Crust/Pumpkin offer, mostly train stations which will probably be closed because of strikes.

mef13 34 posts

5% back on Avanti West Coast on Plat. Not as good as the 10% on LNER I currently have on the BAPP.

mef

Andrew J 769 posts

5% back on Avanti West Coast on Plat. Not as good as the 10% on LNER I currently have on the BAPP.

mef

If you’re booking Avanti tickets then the new rewards programme is a good double dip, with 10% off your first advance return and a free standard premium return ticket when you’ve bought 9 single Avanti tickets.

Jasdev 51 posts

Spend £179 or more, get £60 back, on The Economist, via my Preferred Rewards Gold card this morning.

Andrew. 480 posts

mef

Don’t forget the 20pts per £1 at LNER on Nectar Connect too with your Amex.

(Which also stacks with the 5% on Airtime and the 10% at LNER on LBG, Virgin Money, Barclaycard etc.)

Super Secret Stuff 364 posts

Darn I don’t have avanti

Harrier25 849 posts

Darn I don’t have avanti

Probably because it was cancelled, like 50% of their trains. Awful operator. Bring back Branson to the West Coast line!

NorthernLass 7,462 posts

I got an email from Avanti yesterday trumpeting their new timetable. When I had a look at it, weekend services are still pretty much non-existent more than 3 weeks out!

Super Secret Stuff 364 posts

I got an email from Avanti yesterday trumpeting their new timetable. When I had a look at it, weekend services are still pretty much non-existent more than 3 weeks out!

If you read it, it’s the new timetable they launched ages ago, it’s a silly email and just made me angry!

MattB 259 posts

Not sure if it’s new but have a spend £120 get £50 back on platinum at Laithwaites

peld 28 posts

Am I right in thinking the 50% bonus for airline booking in Feb is a good deal?
    I have booked £1000 worth of Ryanair flights and can therefore cover a good chunk with points.

Also, whats this Amex travel credit statement?

aseftel 266 posts

Am I right in thinking the 50% bonus for airline booking in Feb is a good deal?
    I have booked £1000 worth of Ryanair flights and can therefore cover a good chunk with points.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2023/02/02/50-bonus-using-american-express-points-british-airways/

peld 28 posts

Thanks
    I think pending a quick calc on Hilton points ill use them for these ryanair flights. Its better than the Nectar, I dont use long haul airlines or Eurostar often, and in my immediate plans wont be staying at Marriott

mef13 34 posts

£20 back on £120 at The Ivy brasseries. Any idea how this will stack with the £150 dining cashback? Ideally, the £20 goes first. I’m booked into The Ivy Cambridge in a couple of weeks.
    mef

polly 287 posts

@mef13 It stacks

mef13 34 posts

@mef13 It stacks

Thanks!

Royback 115 posts

I have a spend £1,000 get 2,000 Avios offer on my BAPP this morning – it might be worth seeing if anyone else has something similar.

Same for Mrs S.

Could it be used to pay a balance on an already booked BA Holiday?

Andrew J 769 posts

I have a spend £1,000 get 2,000 Avios offer on my BAPP this morning – it might be worth seeing if anyone else has something similar.

Same for Mrs S.

Could it be used to pay a balance on an already booked BA Holiday?

Yes

Peeps 25 posts

I have noticed a spend £150 to get £30 rebate on my Platinum Card at The Ivy Asia. Does Ivy Asia trigger the Local Dining Credit because I also have a spend £120 to get £20 rebate at The Ivy?

rjn21 31 posts

£80 off £800 “apple – iPhone” on BAPP. Historically generic apple gift cards have worked, but the offer hasn’t been worded as specifically as this one. YMMV.

Andrew J 769 posts

£80 off £800 “apple – iPhone” on BAPP. Historically generic apple gift cards have worked, but the offer hasn’t been worded as specifically as this one. YMMV.

The last offer was even more specific, saying iPhone 14, but worked on gift cards.

aseftel 266 posts

s120g50 at Laithwaites exp 10/03

SteveJ 977 posts

I have noticed a spend £150 to get £30 rebate on my Platinum Card at The Ivy Asia. Does Ivy Asia trigger the Local Dining Credit because I also have a spend £120 to get £20 rebate at The Ivy?

You need to compare the participating restaurants list. Very easy to get cross over between the “normal” Ivy’s and the £120/£20 offer with the dining credit, lots of overlap.

From what I can tell (in London) for the Ivy Asia £150/£30 offer only the St Paul’s Asia is also on the Dining list.

Interestingly the St Pauls Ivy Asia on the £150/£30 list has the Oxford address, whereas the Oxford Ivy on the £120/£20 list has the St Pauls address. If they’re sharing the merchant ID you could well end up with St Pauls stacking for the Dining + £150/£30 + £120/£20.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.